[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

Check Thaumic Tinkerer Unequivalent Transmutation Table.

I saw it, looks good, but same problem as EE had, you want something like diamonds to be expensive, but if Transmuting, when you transmute it back it becomes OP becuase it gets you alot, but meh. Time is one of the major resources many mods overlook, since it is the only resource you can never have enough of.

• I saw it, looks good, but same problem as EE had, you want something like diamonds to be expensive, but if Transmuting, when you transmute it back it becomes OP becuase it gets you alot, but meh. Time is one of the major resources many mods overlook, since it is the only resource you can never have enough of.

That's why we want NUCLEAR TRANSMUTATION! PLAYING WITH A NUCLEAR REACTOR HAS NEVER BEEN THAT FUN!
    ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Another thing is that TT-TC3 transmutation is based on aspects, so you can't transmute for example a million cobble into something very expensive.

To get a diamond with it you need the following aspects 16 purus (16 quartz), 16 carus (16 smooth sandstone) and 48 victrus (16 glass). That would produce lots of flux with leftover aspects.

• Official Post

Another thing is that TT-TC3 transmutation is based on aspects, so you can't transmute for example a million cobble into something very expensive.

To get a diamond with it you need the following aspects 16 purus (16 quartz), 16 carus (16 smooth sandstone) and 48 victrus (16 glass). That would produce lots of flux with leftover aspects.

Fair enough, much better then EE, but i do think that smooth sandstone for carus is too easy ;p

• Official Post

That's why we want NUCLEAR TRANSMUTATION! PLAYING WITH A NUCLEAR REACTOR HAS NEVER BEEN THAT FUN!
    ^^

Bother greg to make fusion reactor allow us to do so.
    Insert Hydrogen, get any element you want based on number of hydrogen inserted and consume/produce power based on the element size.

• I'd really like affordable versions of the Energy Flow and Data Processing circuits to use as covers. Just cheap covers with plain textures that allow energy/redstone through.

I'd also like covers that match machine blocks - Advanced Machine Blocks, etc.

• Now that GregTech automatic machines can be crafted directly without the IC2 counterparts, I demand a config to let us disable the original IC2 versions completely so nobody can abuse them for their overpowered swappable upgrades.

Assuming the UpgradeStacksize doesn't effect GT machines you could just change that to <4 to make OC'ing IC2 machines less useful. You'd still be able to have 4 OC'ers in them but at least it won't be as silly as 12 :)

_____

I've always liked the oil->fuel processing but I'm rather saddened that in GT it's pretty much a late-game machine to make that conversion. I propose a solution for that: make distillation tower similar to blast furnace
    Block types for the "case" define the quality/quantity/type of products you get from it similarly to how heat level defines what can be processed in furnace
    The distiller block itself should be cheap-ish (midgame) to make but can take progressively more expensive upgrades to be able to make use of the more advanced "case".

One possible example of how it might be balanced. All numbers, products and consumables are made up on spot and will definitely need finetuning and are meant only for illustrating the concept.

E.g at most basic level you'd get a bucket of fuel per 5 buckets of oil and use about 250k EU to do it. It would still be energy positive (~150k per fuel bucket) but obviously VERY inefficient in terms of oil usage.
    At next tier you'd get fuel at 1:2 ratio using 200k EU per bucket and get some additional byproducts (sulfuric acid?)
    At highest tier you'd get fuel at same ratio, energy usage and byproducts as with current distillation tower.

Bonus - special blocks/upgrades.
    From the little information we have I've understood that the new multiblock generators have the possibility to add/modify functionality of multiblocks by having special blocks at certain places in the structure. That means we could have special blocks in the "case" of distillation tower to modify how the thing works. For example something to gather even more byproducts (or even require those blocks for all byproducts) would be nice. E.g I believe methane is a pretty common byproduct. Something to gather the more heavy elements (bitumen?) would also be possible.

Only downside I see with this is that the NEI recipes for the tower would be mighty confusing/irrelevant.

Bonus idea - as in real world majority of methane gets released during the pumping process and not during processing then perhaps that upgrade makes more sense for an advanced pump instead. When pumping oil the upgraded pump would also "produce" some additional methane. Nice goodie for more methane would be that methane would make gas turbine a more attractive thing to build. In real-world there are far more methane burning power plants than oil burning ones and I haven't really seen a useful source of methane, not even as a byproduct of something useful.

• Another thing is that TT-TC3 transmutation is based on aspects, so you can't transmute for example a million cobble into something very expensive.

But Flux doesn't make anything ^^
    And using TC3 you can actually have even funnier exploits, like turning cobble into ... Sulfur. (Using furnaces. But you'll get tons of Flux, if you care about ^^)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

But Flux doesn't make anything ^^
    And using TC3 you can actually have even funnier exploits, like turning cobble into ... Sulfur. (Using furnaces. But you'll get tons of Flux, if you care about ^^)

Sulfur? Who needs that? Gunpowder is better.

32 cobblestone + 5 vis for 1 gunpowder (6 cobble for 6 fractus and 24 cobble [3 furnaces] for 6 ignis).

• Please increase Crop Harvester ranges with 3 and 4 overclocker upgrades to 9 and 18 respectively. This would allow Crop-Matrons to be properly spaced out over 9x9 fields.

• I had some ideas about Antimatter production, so I want to share them here. Maybe they may be of some use.

If antimatter is added in Gregtech, I think that there should be a ''few'' new things to be added for it, for it to be logical, and nowhere near OP.

First comes the Industrial Magnetizer. It is a machine, like the other single-block industrial-tier machines, that consumes lots of power to magnetize an item - primarily, for magnetizing the Dense Iron Plates for the creation of the magnetic casing. Dense Iron Plates are made like Dense Copper plates, just Iron rather than Copper. These plates are fed into the machine, and after a while, made into extremely powerful permanent magnets.

To make the casing, it is made like other casings, but one row of plates in crafting has to be the magnetic plates. The other row is Iridium Alloy plates, which make the magnetic field extremely weak behind them (magnetic shielding), to protect the Antimatterfabricator machine and other machines nearby. These casings are assembled in a 5x5 cube, with a hollow 3x3 cube of air on the inside.

Next there is the Antimatterfabricator machine. It works kinda like the Matterfabricator, but it operates invertedly and creates Antimatter. Crafting recipe should include a matterfabricator, some jacked-up crystals for refocusing the Beamz to produce antiparticles, and two orso vacuum freezers.

The Antimatterfabricator is placed on the center of the side of the machine cube. It requires high amounts of power to operate, and is activated by redstone input (or via GUI). The Antimatterfabricator block works on the same input/output logic as the Matterfabricator.

Its GUI has a slot for an amplifier (works just like matterfabricator), and next to it is a gauge, showing how much antimatter it contains, up to 16,000 mB (16 B), where it pauses operation and pauses use of the amplifier material. The gauge is the inverted color of UU-Matter (because antimatter is the opposite of matter, right?). There is also two slots under that, and an arrow like that of a furnace, pointing from left to right. Magnetic Containment Capsules are input in the left, and filled and output on the Right (takes as long as a recycler operation to fill one Capsule). ''Magnetic Capsules'' would be created from magnetized iron plates (not the dense kind) in the same formation as normal cells. Each crafting yields 1.

Antimatter could then be used for many HAYO! things. Like Matter-Antimatter reactors made with the Magnetic Machine Casings/advanced casings and a control machine block, outputting so much energy that it has to be transmitted through Magnetic pipes (looks kinda like BC power through the pipes, but white-ish in colour, and better looking pipes), which is converted to usable power with some other really awesome generator. Maybe the antimatter could be used similarly for jetpacks. Or for advanced Subatomic Weapons that combine the matter/antimatter so violently that it explodes so massively as to treat entire chunks like single blocks. The possibilities are endless, as long as it doesn't take forever to load and doesn't take up too many gigabytes of hard-drive storage space.

Just thought I'd share that with you-all. Maybe these informations may be of use somewhere.

• Antimatter could then be used for many HAYO! things. Like Matter-Antimatter reactors made with the Magnetic Machine Casings/advanced casings and a control machine block, outputting so much energy that it has to be transmitted through Magnetic pipes (looks kinda like BC power through the pipes, but white-ish in colour, and better looking pipes), which is converted to usable power with some other really awesome generator.

Using antimatter for energy production has negative energy balance. You WILL always spend more energy creating the antimatter than you get back.

Though that doesn't mean it can't be used for it. E.g for powering something that needs insane amounts of EU/t that no other normal way can provide. Let's say an antimatter generator pumping out a billion EU/t for powering stargates and would run just a few seconds. To make the antimatter you'd need, say, 2x more EU than is generated from it. Alternatively just skip the antimatter -> EU generation entirely and just use a cell of it to teleport you to designation (or do whatever else that needs that massive power)

as to treat entire chunks like single blocks

that's a recipe for bringing any server/PC to it's knees.

• Next there is the Antimatterfabricator machine. It works kinda like the Matterfabricator, but it operates invertedly and creates Antimatter. Crafting recipe should include a matterfabricator, some jacked-up crystals for refocusing the Beamz to produce antiparticles, and two orso vacuum freezers.

I do not agree with that, since I think Antimatter and Matter should be produced BOTH using the same machine. But you know what ? Happily, it seems the MatterFabricator isn't actually a Fabricator, but just an assembler :). Otherwhise, why would it work with Scraps ? (you can assume it works with Air in Vanilla IC²). That's why I think UUM should be kept as it is, but Antimatter and Matter should be a bit different. They could be used for energy storage (using the 2) devices, for awesome weapons (Antimatter, possibly with ICBM compatibility) or as a way to get even-more-advanced-than-Iridium-stuff, like artificial matreials that shouldn't be. So basically you would have to produce Matter for these, then to use several Matters (depending on the material you wanna get) in a special machine to get some Very Higly Advanced Materials.

First comes the Industrial Magnetizer. It is a machine, like the other single-block industrial-tier machines, that consumes lots of power to magnetize an item - primarily, for magnetizing the Dense Iron Plates for the creation of the magnetic casing. Dense Iron Plates are made like Dense Copper plates, just Iron rather than Copper. These plates are fed into the machine, and after a while, made into extremely powerful permanent magnets.

Really ? Do you think permanent magnets would be enough to contain Antimatter ? ^^ Seriously, there is currently no material on Earth that is an actual "Permanent" magnet. (they lose their magnetism with the time). The only way of getting fields powerful enough not to get a nice explosion is to generate one using energy. But, this is MC, so we can invent what we want ^^

The gauge is the inverted color of UU-Matter (because antimatter is the opposite of matter, right?).

Look at what I said at first. If Antimatter was Anti-UU-Matter, it would be produced with UUM at the mean time.

Like Matter-Antimatter reactors made with the Magnetic Machine Casings/advanced casings and a control machine block, outputting so much energy that it has to be transmitted through Magnetic pipes (looks kinda like BC power through the pipes, but white-ish in colour, and better looking pipes), which is converted to usable power with some other really awesome generator.

So, basically, using tons of energy to ... generate even more energy ? At least, I could imagine a AS-like Particle Accelerator that would allow positive energy loops but ...

Or for advanced Subatomic Weapons that combine the matter/antimatter so violently that it explodes so massively as to treat entire chunks like single blocks.

Like ICBM thingies. OR, it would be used as a PowerSource for a Highly Advanced NotMiningLaser (Not, because obviously Gamma rays aren't the best ever to destroy or cut blocks ^^. But they could begood at damaging bodies ;) )
    Since Gamma rays are extremly penetrating, it could ignore any kind of armor, but since they aren't that efficient on Steve body, they could do like 2.5 Heart (5 points) of damage :)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I do not agree with that, since I think Antimatter and Matter should be produced BOTH using the same machine. But you know what ? Happily, it seems the MatterFabricator isn't actually a Fabricator, but just an assembler :). Otherwhise, why would it work with Scraps ? (you can assume it works with Air in Vanilla IC²). That's why I think UUM should be kept as it is, but Antimatter and Matter should be a bit different. They could be used for energy storage (using the 2) devices, for awesome weapons (Antimatter, possibly with ICBM compatibility) or as a way to get even-more-advanced-than-Iridium-stuff, like artificial matreials that shouldn't be. So basically you would have to produce Matter for these, then to use several Matters (depending on the material you wanna get) in a special machine to get some Very Higly Advanced Materials.

Really ? Do you think permanent magnets would be enough to contain Antimatter ? ^^ Seriously, there is currently no material on Earth that is an actual "Permanent" magnet. (they lose their magnetism with the time). The only way of getting fields powerful enough not to get a nice explosion is to generate one using energy. But, this is MC, so we can invent what we want ^^

Look at what I said at first. If Antimatter was Anti-UU-Matter, it would be produced with UUM at the mean time.

So, basically, using tons of energy to ... generate even more energy ? At least, I could imagine a AS-like Particle Accelerator that would allow positive energy loops but ...

Like ICBM thingies. OR, it would be used as a PowerSource for a Highly Advanced NotMiningLaser (Not, because obviously Gamma rays aren't the best ever to destroy or cut blocks ^^. But they could begood at damaging bodies ;) )
    Since Gamma rays are extremly penetrating, it could ignore any kind of armor, but since they aren't that efficient on Steve body, they could do like 2.5 Heart (5 points) of damage :)

You didn't have to waste your time dissecting this suggestion, it was just an allotment of ideas that I had, that can be used for inspiration in the modification. I'm not demanding permanent magnetic casings, or requiring Greg to add any antimatter at all. It is just for inspiration. And besides - anything is possible in IC2/Gregtech! (except for OP stuff like copper-based lightning rods collecting energy, or UUM creepers).

• I just had a simpler idea. For quartz.
    Quartz could be macerated into quartz dust, and the chemicals in regular quartz could be extracted and used and etc., but since it is nether quartz, it is created with lava. (nether = lava) Quartz created like that, near lava and under pressure, can sometimes contain gold, like the gold mined during the California Gold Rush. So maybe, could Quartz Dust then be centrifuged into gold dust and refined quartz dust? Like, 8 Quartz dust -> 7 Refined Quartz Dust & 1 Gold dust?
    That would be cool.

• Official Post

I just had a simpler idea. For quartz.
    Quartz could be macerated into quartz dust, and the chemicals in regular quartz could be extracted and used and etc., but since it is nether quartz, it is created with lava. (nether = lava) Quartz created like that, near lava and under pressure, can sometimes contain gold, like the gold mined during the California Gold Rush. So maybe, could Quartz Dust then be centrifuged into gold dust and refined quartz dust? Like, 8 Quartz dust -> 7 Refined Quartz Dust & 1 Gold dust?
    That would be cool.

You know that Glowstone is plenty in the nether and that you can extract lots of 8 gold dust/8 redstone from every 16 dusts right?

• Some new plants:

• Chruberry. Tier 9. Special growth condition: Must have light level 5 - 10, and its dirt block is above a Block of Redstone. Drops three possible chruberries that have the same ID:Meta but are different because of NBT. One is dropped 90% of the time and centrifuges into 2 Tiny Piles of Redstone Dust. Another is dropped 8% of the time and centrifuges into Ruby Dust. The last is dropped 2% of the time and electrolyzes into Chrome Dust. Chruberry when eaten gives Wither for 2 seconds but has 4 saturation and heals 2 hunger bars. Its crop also can give out variable signal strength using a Comparator, depending on its stage of growth.
    • Osmioplant. Tier 9. Special growth condition: Must have a block of water below its dirt block which is consumed randomly. 94% of the time drops 1 - 2 Hydroflower(s). Hydroflower can be used as a replacement for Water Cells. It can also be used in a Liquid Transposer to give 1200 mB. 6% of the time it drops Tiny Pile of Osmium Dust.
    • BiuuMatter. Tier 10. Special growth condition: Must have an AESU with >10 million EU below its dirt block and randomly consumes 10 million EU from the AESU. 90% of the time it drops Scrapbox and 10% of the time it drops a piece of UU-matter. Players within 5 blocks distance may get Slowness II, Poison II, Hunger II and Haste.
    • Quartzose. Tier 7. Special growth condition: Must have Sand within 5 blocks. May drop 2 - 3 Quartzose and 0 - 1 rose. 6 Quartzose + 1 Empty Cell centrifuges into 1 Nether Quartz, 2 Certus Quartz Dust, 2 Sand and 1 Methane Cell. 5 Quartzose + 9 Empty Cell electrolyzes into 3 Silicon Cells and 6 Compressed Air Cells.
    • Electra. Tier 10. Drops 81% of the time 3 - 4 Single-Use Battery, 27% of the time 2 - 3 Full RE-Battery, 9% of the time 1 - 2 Full Lithium Battery and 3% of the time 0 - 1 Full Lapotron Crystal.
    • Powder Plant. (Pun intended). Tier 8. Special growth condition: There must be 1 Creeper nearby. May drop 3 - 5 Redstone, 1 - 2 Glowstone Dust and 0 - 2 Gunpowder.