[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• I have a somewhat simple solution to the bronze conflict:
    -New config option, something like ''BronzePer3Copper&1Tin=#''. It can be set to any number. The number determines how many bronze dust/ingot are crafted, per craft of 3 copper/1 tin dust/ingot. All recipes including the mixing/separating of Bronze will balance off of this, like so:
    -All recipes that create bronze from 3 copper and 1 tin dust or ingots, will always give an amount of bronze equal to ''#'' (if # is set to 4, then 4 bronze per craft).
    -All recipes that separate bronze dust into copper/tin, will require # of bronze to separate into 1 tin/3 copper.

That way, people can have 2 bronze per craft, and no exploit, or 4 per craft, and still no exploit. It also allows for easier balancing - only one variable has to be changed, and a dupe-loop can never be created by changing that variable (unless a mod is installed, that has bronze recipes out of sync with the config, and its recipes are not modified/overwritten to sync).

Also, another config option, something like ''AllowBronzeIngotCrafting=(true/false)'', would be nice - its purpose being, if set to true, allow the crafting of bronze straight from ingots, and if set to false, the Steve-mixing-copper-with-tin-as-if-it-were silly-putty (crafting with ingots) recipes would be disabled. That way, balance can be further manipulated - for more realism, bronze would have to be made from dusts (set to false), but for more ease/simplicity, bronze could be quickly made from ingots aswell (set to true).

I really hope this idea won't be overlooked, like most of the others that I have shared. It really is one of, if not the, best way(s?) to fix the argument about bronze.

• How would the molten salt reactors work? I imagine them using molten uranium dioxide, plutonium something or thorium something.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• How would the molten salt reactors work? I imagine them using molten uranium dioxide, plutonium something or thorium something.

I can't imagine it working and actually being fun with less than 2 machines, but possibly 3 if Greg wants it to be more complex and cooler (yes please).

The main components of the system:
    1) Reactor, input is rich fuel and EU, output is depleted hot fuel.
    2) Heat exchanger, inputs are water and depleted hot fuel, outputs are steam and depleted cold fuel.
    3) Fuel enrichment, inputs are depleted cold fuel and EU, appropriate fuel dust (like thorium, could work with others), outputs rich fuel.

The exact numbers are subject to balancing. The 3 kinds of fuel mentioned are of course liquids (molten salts).
    As a sidenote, the depleted fuel is not completely depleted, it should have about 80+% of its fissile material still present (so several buckets of depleted fuel can be "recharged" with a single dust). The fuel needs to make multiple passes through the reactor to burn completely.

Either depleted cold fuel, or rich fuel, would need a chemical reactor recipe to jumpstart the system. Only the fissile material is actually used up, the salt reagent (like fluoride) would be a one-time cost.

For sake of simplicity, the rector and heat exchanger could possibly be made into one, but I'm against it.

How does that sound?

Greg, can you make it so that conveyor modules can export directly into BC pipes?

Bump. I can't be the only one interested in this.

• BC pipes have improved a lot, and besides, the GT machines connect to BC pipes normally, and can accept/extract items. You just have to use wooden pipes and engines/gates.

So having the conveyor push items into them is not inconceivable, and it would make more compact setups possible.

• Official Post

BC pipes have improved a lot, and besides, the GT machines connect to BC pipes normally, and can accept/extract items. You just have to use wooden pipes and engines/gates.

So having the conveyor push items into them is not inconceivable, and it would make more compact setups possible.

If you really wanna make it more compact, just place the Machines adjacent.

• If you really wanna make it more compact, just place the Machines adjacent.

It's not always another machine that is the destination, I may want to transport the items to a remote chest. Wooden pipe + redstone engine is ugly, wastes space, and the autarchic gate is expensive, plus needs the damn assembly table. I'd much rather push the stuff directly into the pipes.

Is this kind of pipe support a big deal from a technical standpoint?

• Official Post

It's not always another machine that is the destination, I may want to transport the items to a remote chest. Wooden pipe + redstone engine is ugly, wastes space, and the autarchic gate is expensive, plus needs the damn assembly table. I'd much rather push the stuff directly into the pipes.

Is this kind of pipe support a big deal from a technical standpoint?

Not really, but one has to mention that BC could just support inserting Items via regular Inventory Handlers. It's not that hard to just let the Pipe act like a Chest, and then to determine from which Side the Item got inserted.

• Still prefer wiki design, looks cooler as it is a picture =)

What I propose is basically EXACTLY the same but the fuel is in the internal cooling circuit.

The current system of IC² is already supposed to be that, but it generate Heat AND EUs. The only thing I want is to unify both. And btw, what's the point of a MSR if it's only for the external cooling ? It just allows bigger reactor ... the whole point of MSR is to be more efficient because the capture rate of neutrons is way higher (because they are slowed down by the MS), which would IRL allow it to run even on Thorium! (where others reactors can't).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

What I propose is basically EXACTLY the same but the fuel is in the internal cooling circuit.

Guess why Internal Cooling circuit is not used for energy generation ?
    Because it had direct contact with the fuel rods, thus it is radioactive, thats why heat has to be transferred to an external cooling circuit.

The change would be that there is two "cooling" systems :

Inner : Molten salt that gets directly heated by the fuel rods, it is the one that can reach critical temperatures and blow the shit up.
    Outer : Molten salt that gets heated by the Inner cooling system, it is the one that can be cooled down to generate energy on turbines.

Both will require the reactor structure to use Salt, but the outer one can be adjusted to have more or less salt.
    If outer cooling is lacking (aka the outer salt is either already too hot, or lacking [aka no outer cooling system], the inner cooling gets overheat, evaporates and blow everything.
    Thats why we have the emergency cooling systems, which completely freezes the system, leaving a completely jammed system (frozen salt, damaged fuel rods and such), but preventing an explosion.

The current system of IC² is already supposed to be that, but it generate Heat AND EUs. The only thing I want is to unify both. And btw, what's the point of a MSR if it's only for the external cooling ? It just allows bigger reactor ... the whole point of MSR is to be more efficient because the capture rate of neutrons is way higher (because they are slowed down by the MS), which would IRL allow it to run even on Thorium! (where others reactors can't).

MSR from wiki would be :

Reactor (Heat source) -> Heat transferred to Inner Cooling System (Radioactive Salt) -> Heat transferred to Outer Cooling System (Normal Salt).
    Outer Cooling System Molten Salt -> Thermal Boiler -> Outer Cooling System Solid salt

If the inner cooling system reaches a critical temperature (aka boiling), it blows up, but this doesnt happen if there is an outer cooling system working (aka producing energy).
    Some systems may require extra/improved outer cooling systems, otherwise inner cooling system doesnt transfer enough heat to the outer cooling system, overheating and blowing.

• What I was suggesting is a reactor that turn MS into "Hot MS" that you can use in a Thermal Boiler to generate energy, then you can reinsert it back into the reactor. But that is also what you suggested, for the EXTERNAL COOLING SYSTEM. The difference with what I suggested, is that I mentionned only the GUI, and the way you would exchange heat between the reactor and the external cooling system (aka to heat the MS you will use in the Thermal Boiler) would be the equivalent of the "Coolant cells" (something that can store heat but that can also transmit it).

So Mk I would be like this:
    (assuming :Uranium Ingot: = Any kind of radioactive fuel, :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: = these coolant/exchanger cells, :Tin Ingot: = fuel you wanna breed :Intergrated Plating: = why not a higher capacity coolant cell, that will hardly exchange heat but may be useful for reactors you wanna switch on/off often, aka MkIII or more)

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:
    :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot:
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

(also assuming 3*3 grid)

MkII:
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot:
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:
    (off half of the time. The :Intergrated Plating: should have a HUGE thermal capacity since IRL the annoying point with MSR is that they would theoretically cost Pu to "ignite", even though they can run "forever" with Thorium that you can replace meanwhile)

Mk III

or

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

(By the way, I assume you make no difference between heatS, so all the heat emited by cells goes directly into the "reactor hull", which means that every single component is at the same temperature)

MkIV/V:

:Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: :Intergrated Plating:

(Heat extremly fast, and then you have EU at a slow rate, to cool the :Intergrated Plating: down).

Breeders would be like:

:Uranium Ingot: :Tin Ingot: :Uranium Ingot:

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Tin Ingot: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:
    :Tin Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: :Tin Ingot:

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Tin Ingot: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

or MkII or more breeders:
    :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: :Tin Ingot:

:Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: :Tin Ingot:

:Tin Ingot: :Tin Ingot: :Intergrated Plating:

There would be several tiers for each components.
    Once "empty" (without fuel anymore), cells could be centrifuged/electrolyzed to get depleted fuels/fuel with lower tier (Pu-->U-->Th)/some non-radioactive product if you assume the reactor is extremly efficient ^^

As for efficiency: Heat emitted depends on adjacent cells (and their own efficiency! so the reactor have to calculate the efficiency each tick depending on the efficiency of all cell during the previous tick! Which means you could reach extremly high efficiency if you achieve making an ever growing efficiency, but beware not to reach the limit of efficiency which is Nuclear Chain Reaction = Bomb! Btw, the reactor would explode if you reach that max efficiency, and simply overheat then melt of you don't cool it enough)

For breeding, the thing SHOULDN'T depends on global heat, but only on efficiency of adj. cells. (For realism and to get rid off design that stores tons of heat to make breeding more efficient ^^)

I hope this help a bit.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited once, last by MatLaPatate ().