[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

Lets hope this doesnt crush your Hopes, but the molten Salt Reactor, as it is planned now, will use the Fuel Rods similar to the IC² one, in 2x2-Slot, 3x3-Slot or 4x4-Slot Chambers (1x1-Slot is reserved for a small Nuclear Boiler for the early Game). These Fuel Rods will heat up the Salt (or Water for Steam, but that is much less Efficient), to melt it. Said molten Salt can then be used to gain Energy inside the Thermal Boiler. The Salt will cool down in there, and you can pump it back to the Reactor to reheat it.

Now the Risks for that Processing: If the Thermal Boiler can't process the hot salt quick enough (sometimes you need more Thermal Boilers), the Salt will stay inside the Thermal Boiler, and the cooled down Salt can't flow back to the Reactor, due to still being Hot. So, if the Reactor now has no Salt to transfer the Heat out of it, it will overheat and you get a meltdown, which will end up in Boom. And probably when Atomic Science is installed also a few Special Radioactivities.

• Official Post

Lets hope this doesnt crush your Hopes, but the molten Salt Reactor, as it is planned now, will use the Fuel Rods similar to the IC² one, in 2x2-Slot, 3x3-Slot or 4x4-Slot Chambers (1x1-Slot is reserved for a small Nuclear Boiler for the early Game). These Fuel Rods will heat up the Salt (or Water for Steam, but that is much less Efficient), to melt it. Said molten Salt can then be used to gain Energy inside the Thermal Boiler. The Salt will cool down in there, and you can pump it back to the Reactor to reheat it.

Now the Risks for that Processing: If the Thermal Boiler can't process the hot salt quick enough (sometimes you need more Thermal Boilers), the Salt will stay inside the Thermal Boiler, and the cooled down Salt can't flow back to the Reactor, due to still being Hot. So, if the Reactor now has no Salt to transfer the Heat out of it, it will overheat and you get a meltdown, which will end up in Boom. And probably when Atomic Science is installed also a few Special Radioactivities.

Ore Dict salt so i can use Irradiated Salt for my Pams mods Cheese :D

• Official Post

1x1-Slot is reserved for a small Nuclear Boiler for the early Game

That sounds fun

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

RITEGS PLZ?
    Then you could make actual reactors a lot more expensive but with a bigger Buff.

• *ThinkingwithSpwnXonskype*

Given the system you actually wanna implement, I would suggest:

High Heat Exchange (rate) Cells. These would be needed to exchange heat from the reactor hull to the Salt you wanna heat. You could actually place anything that exchange a bit of heat, but it would take specific slots (like slots on the border). You may place something else though.

High Heat Capacity Cells. These would be any kind of (improved or not) coolant from the IC² system. It would be a good Idea though to add coolants with more than 360 K heat capacity, since the GUI would be way smaller. These cells may be placed in the specific slots I already mentionned, but they would have a lower rate of heat exchange, so unless your design is very specific (Mk V that run 1/20 of the time then cool down its heat AND generate energy, or just because you have nothing better ^^).
    THESE CELLS WOULD INCREASE THE REACTOR'S HULL CAPACITY AND NOT HAVE THEIR OWN, since it would be useful for such small GUIs.

MS Fuel cells. These would be more efficient than normal cells. They could have several different concentration (like 8 fuel dusts for one cell, 16 and 32). It would be more efficient, but the MS cells would be very annoying to process (Like extremly long recipes for centrifuge, but make it worth in terms of EU though ^^)
    They would also add a bit of Capacity to the Hull, like 1/2 of "HHEC" and 1/10 of "HHCC" (refers to above ^^)

You may not use MS U/Pu/Th cells, because it's a bit more expensive (given that you need Salts) and because it makes you use a centrifuge (unless you don't wanna recycle your used cells to get back your depleted fuel and your salt, which also mean that you waste tons of Salt ^^) once the cycle is done, but it's just more efficient :)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Aka leave the IC² system as it is ?

LOL NO
    Not Expensive enough
    A Bunch of Copper isn't much, i mean you only need 1 1/2 stack of copper for the basic reactor core, and a single vent and an uranium cell for a huge amount of Early game energy.
    Like, Make the actual reactor a really big Multiblock with the Inside of the reactor corosponding to the size of the GUI Slots (a 5x5x5 Reactor with a 3x3x3 inside could have 6x6x6 GUI) with steam pipes going everywhere and water/salt being pumped in and into a thermal exchanger to be hooked off with more water or Super critical CO2 then sent to turbines for like 2048eu/t.

• LOL NO
    Not Expensive enough
    A Bunch of Copper isn't much, i mean you only need 1 1/2 stack of copper for the basic reactor core, and a single vent and an uranium cell for a huge amount of Early game energy.
    Like, Make the actual reactor a really big Multiblock with the Inside of the reactor corosponding to the size of the GUI Slots (a 5x5x5 Reactor with a 3x3x3 inside could have 6x6x6 GUI) with steam pipes going everywhere and water/salt being pumped in and into a thermal exchanger to be hooked off with more water or Super critical CO2 then sent to turbines for like 2048eu/t.

SO THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT, RITEGS BEING CHEAPER! ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• A Bunch of Copper isn't much, i mean you only need 1 1/2 stack of copper for the basic reactor core, and a single vent and an uranium cell for a huge amount of Early game energy.

Not if you have steam reactors enabled.

...I mean, who hasn't? ;)

• Official Post

Not if you have steam reactors enabled.

...I mean, who hasn't? ;)

Still not enough infer structure, just makes MJ's easier ;p

• My biggest gripe with the proposed liquid salt reactor is that in real world one of it's big pluses is that it's incapable of critical malfunction resulting in anything exploding. Worst case scenario the liquid salt gets hot enough to melt away the safety plugs at the bottom of reactor and the fuel/liquid salt flows through there in a safety pit where it's spread thin over a big area allowing it to cool down completely without any need for any active protection measures.

Perhaps make that safety cooling basin an optional feature for the reactors? If one doesn't build it THEN the thing will blow up :)

As for the 1x1 nuclear boiler, I assume this thingy will be producing steam. Will there be something that is able to turn that steam into EU or are we supposed to use the steam upgrades on our machines?

[edit]
    Oh, and the most important question: what happens to the NoInfiniteWater patch with 1.6.2 when jar modding is deprecated? Are there any hooks in Forge to disable it?

• GT, can you add hardcore recipes for ComputerCraft and Thermal Expansion mods?

... TE already has harder recipes: machine frames requiring steel, every single machine requiring gears more and pulverizer requiring diamonds.
    And Greg won't nerf CC since it's clearly OP and making turtles costing diamonds wouldn't change that much the balance of it, it would just make you get turtles later in the game. And according to what he already said, he only nerf "good" mods (content-wise).

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Yup, I agree. See my last proposal ;)
    (You know, it's already irrealistic that Nuclear Reactor from IC² explode that violently, since meltdown=/=nuclear explosion but ...)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Oh, and the most important question: what happens to the NoInfiniteWater patch with 1.6.2 when jar modding is deprecated? Are there any hooks in Forge to disable it?

Jar Modding is not depricated. You can still do it, like before (what would happen to Optifine if not?). Forge just has an installation helper, which makes it "one click and go", even though its not really just one click.

• Jar Modding is not depricated. You can still do it, like before (what would happen to Optifine if not?). Forge just has an installation helper, which makes it "one click and go", even though its not really just one click.

Are you sure? Look at what minecraftcpw tweeted about optifine a few hours ago.

Or does it just mean that for the finite water one has to make a similar binary patch to vanilla-MC as Forge itself does?

• According to that, no Problems should happen, when a certain Flag is set to true in the Config. But I have to look at 1.6 in a week to see what I can do for that. Until then I will keep doing 1.5 until 1.6 got more stable.

From what I understood that config is a parameter to JVM that re-defines some internal FML flag to allow for non-vanilla minecraft.jar files (non-matching checksum).