[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• And for my first ever post on this forum, I suggest the Industrial Age:

Imagine a new dimension with the spawn being in a large city (thinking ~1000x1000), where everything there is industrial. Buildings differentiate in purpose, some contain solar panels, others managing wind farms, some dare the unforgiving nuclear reactors and even the brave few who venture into the depths of nuclear fusion. Some buildings contain massive power storage arrays and others store blocks of materials, but only so much. Perhaps you are lucky enough to stumble upon the dwelling of an industrialized villager and their trades. Some villagers are skilled in the art of mining, and offer you tools and ores in exchange for appropriately balanced materials. Other villagers are wise in the construction of nuclear reactors, and offer you components and copper plates in exchange for fuels and cells. However, albeit some of the villagers are busy, and cannot trade with you directly at the time, and so direct you to their shops, where you may indirectly trade with them through trade-o-mats. All seems swell in this industrialized nation.

Alas, all is not well, as the city will occasionally experience catastrophe, in instances where unskilled nuclear engineers decide to try their luck in real-time reactors, rather than using the almighty G.L.A.D. OS Gregtech-ComputerCube for their experiments, and thereby fail in their attempts and blow up the whole of their dwelling and all adjacent. But this is sometimes the least of their worries, when other cities from many kilometers away attack with high-tech robots, capable of smashing through Nano-armor in one fellow swoop. The villagers assemble and decide that YOU must be the one to mass a counterassault these other cities, as YOU are the only one of them all that has access to knowledge outside of their Minecraft dwelling, like this forum and other wikis. So you set out in your Quantum armor to see what trouble stirs in the uninviting cities that dare attack the peaceful city. Upon arrival you are greeted by rockets and lasers and explosions, and you quickly dash into a building filled with resources you know will be helpful in your own endeavors, and you decide-for your own selfish reasons-to liberate this city and loot it of its resources. And with that, the rest is up to you........

Who likes my narrating? :D Anyways I sort of made all that up as I went along, sorry if some parts were lame or boring, I'm just pitching ideas.

• Official Post

Suggestion :
    We have ComputerCubes right? Why not using it for something useful, like programming?
    So, i came with this idea which is basically a CC turtle, but balanced and improved (will require fine sprite artist to do it, if possible) :

Robots!
    Programmed on GT ComputerCubes. [Use whatever language pleases you Greg]
    Tier 4+ technology, expensive, energy costly, used for mid-late game extensive automation.

They are able to mine blocks , kill mobs (does not count as player kill) , interact with blocks (Insert" X" things on "Y" slots of GUI of a block located at "Z" once every "A" time) or simply rightclick with a tool given to it, do maintenance on stuff (turbines), build stuff and anything you can think of.

The program would be written on the GT ComputerCube. Program data is stored on Data Orbs, rightclicking the robot with a data orb loads the program (the data orb is stored inside the robot).
    You can not transfer code using copy/paste. You can only copy them ingame using the ComputerCube. If the robot gets damaged while it is working, it has a chance that the program will corrupt (aka lose parts of code), causing fancy behavior.

The robots requires extra parts to work properly, like a nanosaber to fight mobs, a drill to mine stone/ores, a chainsaw to cut logs, a laser to shoot on targets around (alongside a heat sensor and a biometric identifier to make it not attack its owner), Nanosuit to defend itself, plating to increase health (Osmium plates would give the highest armor) [heavy plates decrease robot speed], rockcutter to slowly silktouch stuff, energy orbs for internal storage, wrenches/screwdrivers/hammers... to do maintenance, any tool that can be used on mod blocks (example would be TC3 wand to be used on a crucible, it simulates a rightclick). Robots can use non-electric counterparts, but those will get damage three times faster as it doesnt care about durability and uses maximum strength [doubling overall speed if compared to normal tool usage by Steve]

Robots could be programmed to be faster/slower, consuming more or less energy, requiring overclocker upgrades, can have upgrades to work on Michael Jacksons (MJ) and Steam, given it can recharge itself somewhere (TE energy infuser and Steam tank), will consume 3-15 (normal operation-overclocking) times more energy on electric tools, if compared to Steve.

• Seems like you wanna make a non-OP CC ^^

So ... what are you suggesting ? I didn't get the point of your story ^^ (or I hope I didn't get it. Because if I did, then you're a bit mad to want Greg to include a system way more advanced than Millénaire for NPCs ^^)

Wait ... WHY ARE THERE 3 SPOILERS ? I can't find more than 2 [ s p o i l e r ] nor [ / s p o i l e r ] ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Seems like you wanna make a non-OP CC ^^

I've always wanted to do some coding , but never had reason to do so. CC is too fuzzy for me.
    Since i'm a "GT tester", i would play around with it, if it were added.
    Also if GT had something similar, it would be much better, in both terms of balance and utility.
    Robots would allow much more jobs to be done automatically, including some that may seem to not be automatable in any way.

I think BrainTech (if thats the name of the android corp) would like to have a factory working solely on robots =P

• I was just putting out some basic ideas, I don't expect Greg to code THAT much stuff (if he does at all). My original concept was an abandoned city with broken machinery everywhere and radiation-infested monsters, but with a lot of good "industrial loot". The balancing factor to this would be the sheer strength of the mobs, requiring quantum just to survive. Again, I kind of made this all up as I went along, and I added things as I went. I realize that the amount of things in that suggestion would probably be enough for its own addon. (Imagine an industrialized Twilight Forest) Needless to say, if Greg was to do something like that he could take out and refine and add whatever he wants.

• [Use whatever language pleases you Greg]

I think best language would be BASIC or similar. It is algorithmic, and probably in most cases it is first language people are studying in school, so for youngsters would be easier to use it, also it will be learn-through-game education. Well something like:

Code
    10 DIG FORWARD
    20 GO FORWARD
    30 IF BLOCK FORWARD THEN GOTO 10
    40 END

Hmm, actually the only reason I hate LUA is because it doesn't have "goto" support, which IMHO is native to robots like turtles.

• I was just putting out some basic ideas, I don't expect Greg to code THAT much stuff (if he does at all). My original concept was an abandoned city with broken machinery everywhere and radiation-infested monsters, but with a lot of good "industrial loot". The balancing factor to this would be the sheer strength of the mobs, requiring quantum just to survive. Again, I kind of made this all up as I went along, and I added things as I went. I realize that the amount of things in that suggestion would probably be enough for its own addon. (Imagine an industrialized Twilight Forest) Needless to say, if Greg was to do something like that he could take out and refine and add whatever he wants.

Industrial Ruins were suggested for IC² and more or like denied already.
    I think they are planned for GT though. But it's gonna be a long, long time.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Step 1.
    Create black whole
    Step 2. Get NEARLY sucked in, then run at 100 blocks a second away from it but just at the right place so that you dont actually move (being sucked in fast enough but running away)
    Step 3. Do for a while
    Step 4. ????
    Step 5. YOU TIME TRAVELED KINDA INTO THE FUUUUUTUUUUUREEEEE!!!!!

• Step 1.
    Create black whole
    Step 2. Get NEARLY sucked in, then run at 100 blocks a second away from it but just at the right place so that you dont actually move (being sucked in fast enough but running away)
    Step 3. Do for a while
    Step 4. ????
    Step 5. YOU TIME TRAVELED KINDA INTO THE FUUUUUTUUUUUREEEEE!!!!!

Sirus, how many time did I tell you not to speak about science ? ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Sirus, how many time did I tell you not to speak about science ? ^^

SHUT UP
    THERE IS NO STRETCHING IN MINECRAFT
    (the "????" Is the magic bit that does all the work btw)

• Official Post

I think best language would be BASIC or similar. It is algorithmic, and probably in most cases it is first language people are studying in school, so for youngsters would be easier to use it, also it will be learn-through-game education. Well something like:

Code
    10 DIG FORWARD
    20 GO FORWARD
    30 IF BLOCK FORWARD THEN GOTO 10
    40 END

Hmm, actually the only reason I hate LUA is because it doesn't have "goto" support, which IMHO is native to robots like turtles.

You know why nobody should use Goto? http://xkcd.com/292/

• I have gotten the idea of building my industrial-everything underground. But it is so dark/saddening under there.
    So, I got an idea, for a suggestion... Have you ever seen those digital picture-frame-things that some people have, that cascade from picture-to-picture every few seconds? Well, what if you add a big industrial variant of something like that (multiblock), that is kinda like a painting, but made of blocks, needs power to operate, has a basic control-''computer'', and etc.? It would be similar to Nuclear Control's Industrial Information Panel, except that the computer is not part of the ''frame''.

Usage: The user finds ''holographic-image-chips'' from dungeon/chest loot, and creepers drop them rarely. The chips can be put into the computer, up to 16 of them. An overlay, like Glass, can be selected to make the screen look more realistic. The user can set it to 3 different modes: Single-image (only one image; uses first one in inventory), Cascading (goes from image 1 to 2, then 3, all the way to the last one and then back to 1 and repeat), and Shuffle (Changes images randomly). Modes 2 and 3 can take a timer-setting, from 1 second to an entire hour, and anywhere inbetween.

Display: The screens would have a holographic-effect, kinda like the End Portal blocks, so moving from left to right will make the "stuff" in the holographic image move. Closer objects move more than farther objects, so that it looks realistic. Overworld-images with clouds would have clouds that always move, but simplified (just an animated image; no actual 3d-box or rendering/randomization; it loops like a GIF image; but the image moves like other image-aspects (trees, etc.).
    It may be laggy though, so the user can set it to a ''simple'' display mode, that just shows an image on the screen.

That way, we can have screens, that appear to be just like windows, simulating an Overworld field with trees and clouds, when living in an underground industrial-base. Or, we can have a wall of screen, that looks like a nether-area, with reinforced-glass overlays, inside a large workshop/factory suspended a few blocks over a Sulfuric-acid ocean created by industrial pollution.

Reason behind this addition suggestion: Because a stone/stone-blocks/CF/Reinforced-stone wall doesn't look interesting enough, and makes some people/people bored to the point of quitting Minecraft for a while. Also, holographic fake-windows look cool.

• Official Post

Virtual reality, inside "Virtual reality" , lol.

Imagine, a virtual dimension, where players can get in, fly, destroy blocks, build, but its all fake, as once the player leaves the dimension his inventory goes back to what it was before going in.
    Virtual dimension could be programmed to have different generations (space, nether, overworld, end, skylands, whatever pleases you).

That makes me thing about all games, which we can get lots of things, be "rich", be "powerful", but those things are just values on a data center... not real, in any way.

• Above: Useless shit-ception.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!