[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

Problem is, When you have mods like BoP and EBXL, you would have pages and pages of things some people may not even have. Although it could just have it in seperate sections after Vanilla stuff.

• Problem is, When you have mods like BoP and EBXL, you would have pages and pages of things some people may not even have. Although it could just have it in seperate sections after Vanilla stuff.

Only if you do it in a stupid way and have "biome X: list of ores" instead of "Ore X: list of biomes" :P

Though, yeah, if greg continues to keep his books just a vanilla book that can't be updated and/or dynamically generated it'll be a bit problematic.

• Official Post

Only if you do it in a stupid way and have "biome X: list of ores" instead of "Ore X: list of biomes" :P

Well it wouldn't be that long of a list anyway.
    Now we just need someone to write it...

• I already wrote it in the main thread but just in case I'll repeat it here too:

To my knowledge GT currently doesn't provide a way to pump fluids out of non-GT machines/blocks with the new pipes he added. For GT machines one can apply pump covers but things like RC tanks there is no way. I tried several things with covers and tesseracts but nothing seemed to work.

I suggest adding a new machine that would basically be an in-line pump that can extract from one side and output to all others. It should also use energy and be overclockable so that it could fill up several steel pipes if it has enough power and overclockers.

• Official Post

To my knowledge GT currently doesn't provide a way to pump fluids out of non-GT machines/blocks with the new pipes he added. For GT machines one can apply pump covers but things like RC tanks there is no way. I tried several things with covers and tesseracts but nothing seemed to work.

Are you sure you didn't try to put a Pump Module on the Pipe itself? Aside from currently looking ugly it works perfectly.

• Official Post

The Drain module takes actual liquid blocks OR rain that is touching it

• Quote from "GregoriusT"

Are you sure you didn't try to put a Pump Module on the Pipe itself? Aside from currently looking ugly it works perfectly.

No, I haven't actually. Though it would still be nice if it used power to suck out liquids :)

• Greg, I think you should made a tank that stores 64 or 128 liters (since standard BC tank only holds 16 liters of liquid which is clearly not enough for any Steam storage). The recipe can be 4 bronze plates in the corners and 4 glass (panes) forming a box with the plates (or a slightly more expensive version: 8 bronze plates in a box and a glass block in the center). Also, a lever can be used on your pipes to make them extract liquids instead of inserting.

• Greg what about a "universal" cover? so you have a cover like the http://www.minecraftforum.net/…2-slopes-stairs-and-more/ and then you can put every block texture on it which is available (just normal blocks no tile entities, like those carpenters blocks :P) ?

Maybe for that purpose a new machine called the "cover designer" where you put in block and get out universal covers? :O so maybe some with function too so redstone/pump/conv stuff but with anykind of block texture :I

............. Or forge multipart support? :P^^

• Official Post

Universal cover that allows you to put Obscurated textures on it. Simple.

• Official Post

I think you can already put it in CF foam

EDIT: I ONLY JUST NOTICED I HAVE BEEN SAYING "CONSTRUCTION FOAM FOAM" -_-

• Playing gregtech for the first time ever, and im hooked. :)

One question/suggestion: what about adding durability to items like furnaces and such? Instead of having the machine break after X uses and need to be replaced, you might have to right click it with a machine block or something. the more you overclock it, the less uses you get before you have to perform maintenance. So a normal electric furnace might run 10,000 operations (or whatever) before needing repairs, but overclocking that furnace now forces repairs every 8000 operations.

Second: allow adding more than one LESU controller to the storage system. When i tested it, it made the whole thing not work at all. Id have loved to have made the floor of my base be LESU blocks, then add controllers as if they were power outlets in a factory, then runnning cables from the controllers up to the machines that were placed on the 'floor' of LESU blcoks.

With just one controller, my only option is to put it in the very middle of the LESU 'floor' and run cables all over the place. Id gladly pay a higher cost for extra controllers too.

• Second: allow adding more than one LESU controller to the storage system. When i tested it, it made the whole thing not work at all. Id have loved to have made the floor of my base be LESU blocks, then add controllers as if they were power outlets in a factory, then runnning cables from the controllers up to the machines that were placed on the 'floor' of LESU blcoks.

That was at first how I suggested LESUs. But then I realised it could be used as a Wireless cable, not to mention thing I don't know about code.

One question/suggestion: what about adding durability to items like furnaces and such? Instead of having the machine break after X uses and need to be replaced, you might have to right click it with a machine block or something. the more you overclock it, the less uses you get before you have to perform maintenance. So a normal electric furnace might run 10,000 operations (or whatever) before needing repairs, but overclocking that furnace now forces repairs every 8000 operations.

BREAKDOWN MECHANICS!
    That was an old IC² Suggestion ^^. I'd like some huge machines (like the macerator should be IMO, since IRL it would be huge, but we can just make it a better Macerator, like the I. Grinder was) with Maintenance to simulate Breakdowns :).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• As IC² Ore processing is getting completly revamped, everybody's wonder what's gonna be with GT.
    So I would like to suggest the way I think ores should be processed. Feel free to say what you think about it, and to suggest your own way.
    Just because I think Greg would do it well itself, but why not adding a few steps he might forget ? ^^

So, I would suggest:

Maceration 1 --> Maceration 2 --> OreWashing --> Blast Furnace --> Centrifuging --> Electrolysis --> (*) --> Plate Bending Machine --> Metal Former/Wiring Machine/nothing depending on what you want.

Maceration 1 would be the maceration "as we know it" aka "Ore doubling". It would be exactly the same as IC² exp. one, just with the more expensive macerator.

Maceration 2 would require a more advanced (but cheaper and consuming less EUs, because it's just making the dust smaller) Macerator, and wouldn't do anything BUT allowing the Ore Washing (because otherwhise the bits of ores are too big to be sorted by the Ore Washing Machine)

OreWashing = exactly what is now. Just with GT recipies. AND Mercury/Others output-increasing cells.

Blast Furnace would smelt, but also OUPUT LIQUID metals, as I suggested it many times already ^^. It would allow metals not only to be stored into tanks (^^), but also why not to get plates from a bit less than an Ingot (assuming you couldn't reverse it, it'd be like 95mB of metals for one plate when 1 dust give 100 mB). But the main point of that would be to make the Metals centrifugeable.

So it would replace the Thermal Centrifuge thingy, being a bit more expensive but also slightly more rewarding.

Why Electrolysis ? Because you would get Liquid thingies from the Centrifuge as well, but not only pure Metals, it would be mainly oxides. So we could assume when it cool down a special machine I don't care about, the oxide would react because of the Heat and become an almost-pure metal, which could avoid you this step of electrolyzing.
    But the point of the Electrolysis would of course be to increase the Output a tiny bit, why not with Byproducts ^^.

* Something to cool the Metal down. Allows you to get a slight bonus of 5% on your metals, since it's no reversible.

The rest isn't really important.

The points of my Ore-processing system are, to me:
    1) To be more realistic. MC don't care about realism but we do with Ore Processing, as well as with Nuclear Reactors or Greengens ^^.

2) To enhance the Tech Tree.
    How so ?

With 3 things:
    1) Blast Furnaces would increase your output because of allowing you to get metal as liquids (and so saving 5% of them) so you could centrifuge them.
    2) It would ofc use much more machines.
    3) The Electrolysis part could IMO be much more interesting than just adding the Electrolyzer. Actually, for such a system I would suggest a MultiBlock Electrolyzer, which would basically be a BF-like machine (with Voltage increasing with the Casing Machines), but allowing you not only to get new ressources, but also to get some tiny byproducts from Ores not NEEDING Electrolysis (but ofc it would be better to use it).
    4) The double Maceration part is there for 2 reasons, the first being the fact it makes one machine more needed, and the second that it justifty ...
    THE MULTIBLOCK ORE CRUSHER, aka a 3*3*5 Macerator, doing 2 maceration at once, working with up to 8 Ores at once (because it's big, so it's funnier than just dividing the maceration time by 8, not to mention it makes interesting to macerate tons of stff at once). This would be a machine with about the I. Grinder Tier (which is gonna be removed, and also maybe a bit higher), allowing you not only to get 2 maceration at once, to process 8 Ores at once, BUT ALSO TO GET BYPRODUCTS, like the I. Grinder did! Because it reduces things in so small dust that even the tiny bits of ores hidden in the stone are usable!
    Consume 512EU/t.
    We aren't responsible for the machine breaking down if you don't maintain it, nor are we for the slow breaking down of the Grinding Heads.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

As IC² Ore processing is getting completly revamped, everybody's wonder what's gonna be with GT.

I am currently rewriting the OreBlock Handling for my OreDict Functions, just to easier adjust to changes, like new Machines, without having to stupidly copypaste Code and those special secondary and tertiary Outputs, which sometimes even have another special case. I'm done with 3/4 of all Ore Blocks known by me, and I still have to automate the Recipe generation for things like the Mercury grinding for Gold/Silver/Platinum Outputs or the special cases for the Iron, Copper and whatever the third thing was Outputs.

After that I have to rewrite dust Handling as well, but that using the Functionality above. I want to write some kind of automatic OreDict AI to register the correct Recipes for me, without me doing anything else than determining the Value and the byproducts of an Ore.

• So I was thinking of making a little add on mod but I figured I'd see if you'd rather take it as a suggestion and put it on your to do list. Basically make torches burn out over time. You can have a second tier of iron torches made of iron rods and when they burn out you get the iron rod sticking in the ground and have to replace the coal. Eventually when you get electricity you can make light bulbs and light blocks that run on EU. Different lights use different amounts of EU depending how bright they are. Eventually you can make solar panel torches and stuff as well.

It's simple enough that I can make it as an add on I think but if you would Rather have it in grègteçh itself that would probably be cooler. What does everyone think of this? Too annoying?