[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• How about adapting the Distillation Tower not just for distilling oil, but also for distilling things like liquified air and other random solutions?

Yes sure, once Distillation Tower become modular with input hatches and different output feedback hatch (undistilled), condensers and exhaust may be possible.

Now I don't understand what you mean by distilling compressed air, unless you like to get back some Nitrogen for some huge cost. I am not sure of the distillation process for air or such gases.
    For now, GregTech air (compressed) is only O2 and does not include or mean any amount of Nitrogen, CO2 and rare gases.

There may be some good ideas about more gases tech, but for what I know of Forge Ore Dictionary, there is no distinction between gases and other fluids.

So lets concentrate on my initial proposition to modularize the Distillation Tower, open new enhanced perspectives with it and hope Forge to evolve with a more attuned Ore Dictionary in future versions.

• Liquified air, as in air that has been cooled down to approx 70 K and becomes a liquid.

They could be used to extract some rare gases, or as a method to get "Purified Oxygen" instead of just compressed air. You could get other rare gases such as argon, etc.

• I have a suggestion but forgot for a long time to request.The suggestion is:
    disable the vanilla glass plate recipe
    Add a recipe that allow the glass plate can be made by machines
    Allow the glass plate as a cover

The suggestion which I forgot for a long time about the vanilla glass plate

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• I have a suggestion but forgot for a long time to request.The suggestion is:
    disable the vanilla glass plate recipe
    Add a recipe that allow the glass plate can be made by machines
    Allow the glass plate as a cover

I like it :)

Though, we may still have an early game costly crafting table and furnace smelting recipe for glass like:

• some more efficient recipes for bronze age
    • and a very efficient recipes in extruder.

Reinforced glass may benefit a bit of rework to fit the above.

Recipe proposals:

Prepare Murano (Basic Glass Blend) with:

• 1-6 silicon oxide or crushed glass cullets (macerate, hammer or hand break a glass pane)
    • 1 Niter
    • 2 Ashes

Yeld: 9 Murano Blend dusts
    Allow:

• 2 Blend dusts in furnace yield 1 vanilla glass block
    • 2 Blend dusts in Smelter block molding yield 1 vanilla glass block
    • 8 Glass panes in Extruder block shape yield of 3 vanilla glass blocks.
    • 6 Blend dusts or glass blocks in Smelter plate molding yield 8 vanilla glass panes
    • 3 Glass blocks in Extruder plate shape yield 8 vanilla glass blocks

Prepare Crystal glass blend (Requirement for colored blend and glass) with:

• 1-6 silicon oxide or cullets
    • 1 Niter
    • 1 Ashed
    • 1 Lead dust

Yield: 9 Cristal Blend dusts
    Allow: colored Cristal Blend with pigments and same smelting/extruding as above

Plate cutting of a vanilla glass block yield 4 glass cullets and near-by player glass shrapnels damages ;D

Special: Pyrex blend (required for reinforced glass)

• 1-4 silicon oxide or cullets
    • 2 Bore dusts
    • 1 Sodium dust
    • 1 Potassium dust
    • 1 Aluminum dust

Yield: 9
    1 Pyrex blend in a Blast Furnace (bronze-age compatible) yield 1 IC2 reinforced glass

• The Idea is to add 2 kind of Blocks, that are like Bedrock, but with the ability to spawn Lava or Water up to 3 Layers above them, like a Buildcraft Floodgate, but reversed.
    They Spawn directly under Pools of Lava or Water. The ammount of Blocks that spawn, should be dependet on the Size of the Puddle. The Water one Should emmit Steam too, that can damage Entities.

To Balance these you could use the same Generation behavior like you did for your Ores, but with the difference that they can only Spawn really deep down, propably between layer 3 and 10, but possible in every chunk.
    Its also diffult to find them, because you have to Pump some Liquid out of the Puddel, to see if it regenerates.
    When you are lucky enough, you could finde a few of them really close to each other and Power one Thermal Boiler with them.

• The Idea is to add 2 kind of Blocks, that are like Bedrock, but with the ability to spawn Lava or Water up to 3 Layers above them, like a Buildcraft Floodgate, but reversed.
    They Spawn directly under Pools of Lava or Water. The ammount of Blocks that spawn, should be dependet on the Size of the Puddle. The Water one Should emmit Steam too, that can damage Entities.

To Balance these you could use the same Generation behavior like you did for your Ores, but with the difference that they can only Spawn really deep down, propably between layer 3 and 10, but possible in every chunk.
    Its also diffult to find them, because you have to Pump some Liquid out of the Puddel, to see if it regenerates.
    When you are lucky enough, you could finde a few of them really close to each other and Power one Thermal Boiler with them.

What is the point of this when you have Nether for the Lava and Oceans for Water (in the case of water source block creation on)?

• Thats exactly the Point.
    In Case you dont have the Sourceblock generation on, it gives you a source of finite Water.
    To balance this, the Source is hard to find and only gives you a bit of Water.
    And for Nether lava, why Should i play with GT and use the cheapest and most easy kind of Power generation?

Edited once, last by Orka45 ().

• Thats exactly the Point.
    In Case you dont have the Sourceblock generation on, it gives you a source of Invinite Water.
    To balance this, the Source is hard to find and only gives you a bit of Water.

Wait what, this doesn't make sense. Infinite water and a bit of water? Which one are you talking about? In the case of Infnite Water, PEOPLE DON'T WANT THAT. That's the point of the challenge, otherwise people would just go round caving for this little things and get infinite juice from it.

And for Nether lava, why Should i play with GT and use the cheapest and most easy kind of Power generation?

Exactly what you are suggesting.

• Ooops, i meant finite Water.

You cant Compare nether lava with my sugestion. Nethter lava is just place pump and be happy.
    My Sugestion says, you have to find 1. a Pool that regenerates itself, they should be rare.
    Than they should regen slowly, so you need multiple ones.

• Oh, did we say oil yet? More then a dozen people want GT oil.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• You cant Compare nether lava with my sugestion. Nethter lava is just place pump and be happy.
    My Sugestion says, you have to find 1. a Pool that regenerates itself, they should be rare.
    Than they should regen slowly, so you need multiple ones.

What about assuming regular lava produces much more energy than it does currently (like 150 00 a cell to be realistic), but due to the fact the geogen cool it down, getting all that energy also mean fullfilling the generator with stone ?

So you would basically have 2(3) options for regular Lava:

[The One You Will Not Use]: Once the first Lava source is consummed, the Geogen turns into a Machine Block. That's expensive energy.

1) Use cells. Geogen can accept them one by one, and due to the Meltdown temperature of Tin, those cells have been cooled down when you have that Lava harvested.

2) Use a MB Machine, with a Nuclear-like guy, which allows you to use hotter lava ... but beware, you must not freeze it otherwhise it'll block your pipes.
    [So it would be a guy with coolants components and pipes components: some coolants could be more efficient but cool less (they would basically turn Heat into EU with more efficiency but less at the mean time, which would mean a longer component line aka more space needed aka less maximal flux ... etc).
    The system itself would also output steam and not directly EU.
    Although, the maximum efficiency with it would be like 200 000 EU a Lava Source, and the Maximum Output like 2048EU/t (but it would be WAY LESS efficient).

(If you ever feel interested Greg, I've already thought of a complete system which would pretty much reproduce the fun of Nuclear,:
    Explosion<-->Meltdown, efficiency and outputs would be your goals as well .. with just the "don't cool the Lava too much otherwhise it'll block your pipes" issue. (Temperature would be shown on each pipes).)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Lots of things could add a bit of flexibility and movable to GregTech.

Flexible pipes hoses, plug one end, move other end and plug. Display as an entity, link two pipes or EU plugs.

Same with EU cables: flexible cables, same use as hoses.

Either fixed length, excess length lies down and coil randomly atop blocks or wall mounts, ceiling hanger.

Winding reels are either blocks containing a given length of retractable hose/flexible cable.
    Socket faces as pluggable socket and may accept reel covers as winding cable/hose.

Can be screwed to any machine/hard cable/pipe and transform a face into winding cable/hose.
    Machines default output face becomes a socket face. May accept additional socket covers to allow passing power/items/fluids

flexible variant of cable/pipes may have length, rate, heat or various limits. (would not pump lava out of a flexible hose, would not wind meters of not so flexible ev-cable).

Allow single block GregTech machines into Minecarts (movable IDSU, e-furnace, steam boiler, crop harvester...

Flexible are point2point unless connected to socked/reel boxes where multiples can connect to.

Flexible require air, water blocks or open doors/gates to pass through (force doors and gates open when a cable/hose pass through)

Walking/swimming over a flexible may cause player/monster damage and or unplug/rupture (beware of cable mess)

• Official Post

I still state the easiest way to remove the cheap lava-power is to have a machine that you place down, connect pipes from the machine into the lava, and have the pipe slowly use up lava (replacing it with stone/netherack). The only thing you can input into the regular machine is water, which is consumed to create steam (for a steam turbine or) or just electricity. This way, you either have the abundance of lava in the nether (but very little water) or have the abundance of water in the overworld (but very little lava).

The machine itself would should output, say ~0.5eu/t per lava block touching the pipe up to a maximum of ~16eu/t, but would give more energy in total per lava block consumed. As realistic as you are going to get, really :P

• Official Post

LAVA BOILERS DON'T AND SHOULDN'T EXIST
    *whines in corner about realism*