[1.5.1/1.5.2] Modular Forcefield System v2 Classic 2.3.0.1.15

• ProMasterpig

There is no real or fake MFFS. The only MFFS truly "real" in this sence in MFFS 1.0 Which I do not know who made.

made Friday, September 30th 2011, 4:47pm <--- by Thunderdark ;) every each derivation starts here

• Official Post

You should probably read up before you start something like this. No worries i'll explain, This is the Industrial Craft 2 forum, an mod dedicated to electricty and technology. Universal Electricity is Calclavia's version of electricty that he/she wrote because he/she didn't like how IC2 Works.

Calclavia is a he, just to clear that up.

And what do people have with all that Open and Closed Source Stuff? Seriously, as if anyone would decide to "just" modify MFFS Code to fix a Bug (unless its a Team Member ofcourse). It doesnt make any sense to rage about closing Source, when almost nobody uses the open Source at all.

• Awesome. I'll do an update very soon. Sorting out my 1.5.1 install right now. Is it pretty much a straight port from Thunderdark's version or are there new things to watch for? Looking at the Roadmap on the bitbucket page I see you plan to integrate new features requested by the community. I assume that's still on the todo list. If you think I should wait for those updates then I'll hold off.

At the moment it's pretty much just a straight port of Thunderdark's version, with pretty new textures, some refactoring and an additional API class.

What version of the mod, and what version of IndustrialCraft 2 are you using?

• And what do people have with all that Open and Closed Source Stuff? Seriously, as if anyone would decide to "just" modify MFFS Code to fix a Bug (unless its a Team Member ofcourse). It doesnt make any sense to rage about closing Source, when almost nobody uses the open Source at all.

Product labeling. Basically, "He who controls the code is he who controls the digital product." For Open Source, it's a product controlled by all the consumers (in this case, the Minecraft community). For Closed Source, it's a product controlled by a single person or group enitiy in which to manage a product.

Since Cal created a Closed Source product from an Open Source work, people became displeased with his actions. It was an act in which people perceived Thunderdark was taken advantage of, as he could not maintain his version, and someone created a version that they could maintain, but licence much differently. It's also a prime example of the vulnerability of Open Source in general, and why business tend to not use it.

Personally, I'm just glad to see ThunderDark promoting this version of his mod, as these authors wish to keep this 'label' of MFFS within the context of IC2. And those block textures do look pretty fancy, lol...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• industrialcraft-2_1.115.290-lf most stable at the moment (which does not conflict with other mods (last v mod)
    and i try ic 304 (304 ic dont worck)

• industrialcraft-2_1.115.290-lf most stable at the moment (which does not conflict with other mods (last v mod)
    and i try ic 304 (304 ic dont worck)

Just tested in my MultiMC instance, you're using the wrong version of the mod. Make sure you download 2.3.0.0.4, not 2.2.8.3.6. 2.2.8.3.6 is for Minecraft 1.4.7

• The main reason I came on this thread was to make peace. As I have said before, having derivatives and classic versions is perfectly fine with me. The only thing I don't like is all the hate that has come out of this. People thinking "Ohh this is a war/competition between MFFS 3 and MFFS 2 Classsic". No it isn't. It's just two different versions from two different visions of the mod. Like one version, play that version. I have my reasons on keeping away from GPL as i believe that license has its immoral side as well as a good side. Searge on the other hand might believe something else. We modders are already cool with that between each other. The only thing needed now is for players to calm down and understand this is not a hate war.

• It's quite simple. All versions that are not coming from Thunderdark are derivative versions of the mod. That's true for Cal's UE version of MFFS and for our classic version of the mod. Now I'd prefer to stop discussing this topic and focus on the next steps in bringing you a stable release of MFFS classic.

• Official Post

It's quite simple. All versions that are not coming from Thunderdark are derivative versions of the mod. That's true for Cal's UE version of MFFS and for our classic version of the mod. Now I'd prefer to stop discussing this topic and focus on the next steps in bringing you a stable release of MFFS classic.

You have to wait for IC² to stabilize before.

Currently there are 4 MFFS versions :
    Thunderdark MFFS (father of other three MFFS "versions" , discontinued as he stopped modding)
    Immibis MFFS (First child, when thunderdark switched to modular items instead of modular blocks)
    Calclavia MFFS (Second child, when thunderdark stopped modding and gave calclavia the rights to make his own MFFS, which got modified to an UE addon instead)
    Minalien and Searge MFFS (Third child, when thunderdark gave minalien permission to continue his mod, keeping it an IC² addon)

• You have to wait for IC² to stabilize before.

Currently there are 4 MFFS versions :
    Thunderdark MFFS (father of other three MFFS "versions" , discontinued as he stopped modding)
    Immibis MFFS (First child, when thunderdark switched to modular items instead of modular blocks)
    Calclavia MFFS (Second child, when thunderdark stopped modding and gave calclavia the rights to make his own MFFS, which got modified to an UE addon instead)
    Minalien MFFS (Third child, when thunderdark gave minalien permission to continue his mod, keeping it an IC² addon)

The one correction I have to make is that it's not just me programming this maintained version - it's both Searge and I. :p

• all that hullabaloo aside, does this maintenance line allow projectors to be moved by frames? the fine and handy ue version fails to retain that functionality in my testing.

• Official Post

The one correction I have to make is that it's not just me programming this maintained version - it's both Searge and I. :p

I just omitted the co-maintainer as you are the one that made the thread. Anyway, i edited and included him now.

• Official Post

When we see a release of Redpower 2, I would be happy to take a look into making projectors compatible with frames.

Hmm, moving forcefields with Cutter upgrade = Massive world quarries.
    Interesting, now we need an upgrade to collect all items cut by the cutter (or whatever it is called).

• Would you consider a multi tier system? tier one allows for basic projection, but has a small radius and can be opened using a portable hole from TC or a MFFS unique device with similar capabilities. Tier 2 would allow for stronger and larger force fields and be able to project blocks like the Security Station.

• was mainly thinking along the lines of the recently defunct nether crawler idea, and as a nod to cals ue group, the necessity in consideration of mobile nuclear warfare platforms when combining icbm with frameships( a goodly number of mods fudging base material blast resistance makes this a real pain)...
    oh and the superturtle of 1.2.5 era..

some of these things *used* to be doable with mffs.

less concerned with salvaging block cuttered goods, though it might be nice, and more with anything that continues to facilitate mobile mothership vs static base design.