[ADDON] [1.7.2] CompactWindmills

• Official Post

Screenshot:

Description:

This mod adds a compact version of the classic IC2 Windmill. It can produce more energy as it is still within one block, but it also is a little bit more pricy. Because it is a compact version of the Windmill and within one Block, a 256 EU/t Energy farm with CompactWindmills causes less lag than a 256EU/t Energy farm with normal Windmills.
    Like the normal Windmills, they are more efficient the more space is around them, so make sure to not place them in a bad spot.
    They require a rotor in them to produce energy, and you have to replace that rotor. (Rotor requirement can be disabled in the config as "vanillaIC2Stuff")
    They are availible in the folowing stages:
    (From left to right on the image)
    Extreme Low Voltage Windmill 8EU/t
    Low Voltage Windmill 32EU/t
    Medium Voltage Windmill 128EU/t
    High Voltage Windmill 512EU/t
    Extreme Voltage Windmill 2048EU/t

Mod spotlight:
    Click here.

Crafting recipes:

Development:
    I added Localizations, so if you want to help me, please create/improve the language file of your language here .

FAQ:

Problems and Issues:
    If you have any problems with this mods, or if you found a bug, or if you have any other issues, post it in reply to this thread or in a issue on github.

Download:
    Version 1.0.3.1 (MC 1.7.2 IC2 Experimental)
    Version 1.0.3.0 (MC 1.6.4 IC2 Experimental)
    Version 1.0.2.3 (MC 1.6.4 IC2 Experimental)
    Version 1.0.2.2 (MC 1.6.2/1.6.4 IC2 Experimental build 301) (This version should be compatible with other builds, if they don't change the IC2API!)
    Version 1.0.2.0 (MC 1.6.2)
    Version 1.0.1.3 (MC 1.5.2)
    Version 1.0.0.3 (MC 1.5.1)
    All Downloads

As of version 1.0.3.0 of CompactWindmills Aroma1997Core is required.

Get it from here.

Sphax Textures (by jaojake1804)

License:
    Can be found here .

Changelog:

• Official Post

Cool, a compact solar but for windmills. About time :) No doubt someone will complain :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

I would rather a better watermill, since windmills are already OP ^^

• Official Post

They are nice, great way to reduce area needed for windmills, although i'm afraid it doesn't have the same EU/t fluctuation as the normal ones does. [0 - 10 EU/t]
    If it does, please tell me the source code formula .
    Normal windmills formula is : Energy production = Wind Strength * (Height - 64 - Obstruction blocks) / 750 * Weather Value
    Also i don't think they have the breaking formula if they produce more than Y EU/t (normal ones is 5 EU/t)

Good luck on solving those problems, I will test them if you need.
    From what i could see they check for 7x7x7 area. hmm...

My suggestion :
    Energy production of compact windmills :
    Energy production = Y (relative number of windmills the block has compacted) * Wind Strength * (Height - 64 - Obstruction blocks) / 750 * Weather Value.
    Compact Windmills only break if they achieve energy production higher than Y * 5 EU/t {So your windmills can break down into 3 parts of lower tier, while the block turns into a generator}

Make their area check the same as normal windmills + 2^X (X = tier of compact windmill) on all axis :
    ULV would check for 11x9x11
    LV would check for 14x11x14
    MV would check for 17x15x17
    HV would check for 25x23x25
    EV would check for 41x39x41

About holding the extreme amount of energy those windmills would generate :
    Create an EV transformer, converts up to 8192 EU/t down to 4 2048 EU packets.

• I would rather a better watermill

Agreed, but since we are throwing space limitations out the window, I'd say it's only "fair" to do this in the name of renewable energy...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

Windmills lag more than Solars. Solars only check for Sunlight, Rain and Thunder what is very lagfree. Windmills check for Aur Blocks around them, Rain and Thunder. That is slightly more laggy.

Thats one reason to compact windmills, the way i suggested, keeping them VERY similar to compact solars [Stacking eu output] .

• Official Post

They are nice, great way to reduce area needed for windmills, although i'm afraid it doesn't have the same EU/t fluctuation as the normal ones does. [0 - 10 EU/t]
    If it does, please tell me the source code formula .

OK, I added something more like IC2 EU generation, so it's more realistic. It now also uses the height to calculate its EU output.

I made it a little bit different, but now it's checking a further area, the higher tier the windmill is.

• What about making a config so it would require steel/Refined Iron to run ? Just to prevent it to be used just to power a massfab, and I'll be fine :) (Though, the same thing would be needed for Vanilla IC²-windmills).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

What about making a config so it would require steel/Refined Iron to run ? Just to prevent it to be used just to power a massfab, and I'll be fine :) (Though, the same thing would be needed for Vanilla IC²-windmills).

Then add a config to make solar panels require coal/silicon to work (on the compact solars thread).

Also compact windmills is as op as compact solars.

• Official Post

Perhaps they all need a Wind turbine to run? Could be crafted like this:
    _I_
    _I_=Turbine Blade
    _I_
    I = Refined Iron
    TTT
    TAT=Wind Turbine
    TTT
    T = Turbine Blade
    A = Advanced Machine block
    It could then slowly take damage, slow in the Low tier ones, Quickly in the high tier ones.
    Of course replace Refined iron with steel if Gregtech installed.

• Official Post

Yeah, I don't know if i like this idea, but maybe i'll add something like that in the future.

An other Question:

What do you guys think about toggeling between IC2 Enery output and Buildcraft energy output?

• Official Post

Producing BC energy without those pesky converters?
    Thats nice!

How about three buttons in it?
    First : [EU] {IC² energy}
    Second : [MJ] {BC energy, ratio is 2.5 EU : 1 MJ}
    Third : [UE] {Universal electricity energy, ratio is 1 EU : 40 J}