[Addon v2.0.288+] Advanced Reactors is shutting down

• As of right now, numbers go like:

Basic reactor chambers are the same as always.
    Heat Capacity Reactor Chamber adds 500 each to the max heat but reduce the blast resistance by 5% each.
    Containment Reactor Chambers add 10% blast resistance each, but decrease the max heat by 200 each.
    Infernal Reactor Chambers add 750 max heat each, and add 10% blast resistance each.

Reactor cores go like:
    Type A (tier 1) max heat 10,000 (same as before), 0% blast reduction
    Type B max heat 12,000, 5% blast reduction
    Type C max heat 14,000, 15% blast reduction

Items:
    Quartz Condensator can absorb 50,000 before breaking.
    It can be repaired (doesn't show up in NEI yet):
    Condensator + redstone = +4000 durability
    Condensator + quartz = +20,000 durability

Obsidian Neutron Reflector has a durability of 50,000 (standard thick reflector is 40,000)
    Thick Obsidian Neutron Reflector has a durbility of 200,000
    (these things can outlast uranium cells)

The Infernal Reactor Vent can vent up to 16 heat per reactor tick. And it can expel 10 bonus heat by spawning a fire nearby or 40 bonus heat by spawning something worse(what could it be). The bonus heat is expelled randomly with a higher chance if the vent is more damaged.

I hope that helps.

• However, could you add a configuration that changes all copper components in the mod to its lead equivalent?

Thats a good idea (sorry for the delay). I have a config option in my latest build now that lets you swap copper for lead (just for reactor chambers). The alternate recipe will be 8 lead -> 1 dense lead plate, or 8 lead plates (GregTech) -> 1 dense lead plate. And the mod makes sure lead is available before it changes the recipe.

Also maybe possible support for Applied Energistics Certus Quartz?

This is something I'm quite hesitant to do. The decision to use Nether quartz was because it must have a very very high heat tolerance to survive those conditions. And AE (and even XY) quartz don't have that property. To quote from the AE FAQ page:

Are XY Craft Quartz and AE Quartz compatible, and what about Nether Quartz?
    No, they are all different, XY Quartz, AE Quartz, and Nether Quartz can be used to make the basic tools, however most uses of quartz for ME Blocks / Items use specifc types of quartz as they require specific properties of each type of quartz.

And I wholly agree with that, so I have no plans to add AE quartz.

• Wow, this is really great, i suppose, I will use it for my next more or less small gaming night with my friends...
    In the end, I'm the only one who cares about it anyway because no one esls even really triese to understand IC2 and even less the addons i use :D
    And thank you so much for the 7x9 chamber, i hated leaving a free row on top or at the bottem of my tier 1 anti-heat setup... (i don't mean reactor tier 1 but setup tier 1 as descriebed in the ic2 wiki) :D
    But could you maybe add a few buffs to the amount of emitted energy of the different tiers of reactors? like the highest reactor (tier 3) gives you like 5% or 10% more EU than the vanilla ic2 one?
    That would give you another reason to upgrade :D
    Greets, Shadow

Iff yu find misstaks, you may keep them! (Or tell me if neccessary...)

• This is something I'm quite hesitant to do. The decision to use Nether quartz was because it must have a very very high heat tolerance to survive those conditions. And AE (and even XY) quartz don't have that property. To quote from the AE FAQ page:

And I wholly agree with that, so I have no plans to add AE quartz.

Doped quartz? :3
    Nah, just joking. I agree with your explanation.

• You're going to have a recipe conflict with gregtech. It compresses 9 lapis into a block. Might I suggest making yours require grinding the lapis into dust first?

• You're going to have a recipe conflict with gregtech. It compresses 9 lapis into a block. Might I suggest making yours require grinding the lapis into dust first?

Just look at the first page --'

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Is 1.115.304 for 1.4.7 or 1.5.1? If it is for 1.4.7, I'll install this addon first thing tomorrow. Oh, and could you please add a config option to also keep the old reactors, so that, for example on a server, people could choose if they want to use your reactors or the vanilla IC2, without an op having to cheat the chambers/core in?

EDIT: Just noticed that there are no 1.4.7 versions... It'd be awesome if you could make a back-port, I'm sure I'm not the only one on 1.4.7, but if you don't want to, or would rather focus on getting the mod out of alpha, I'll just wait until RP2 updates and IC2 for 1.5.1 gets stable, as those are the only of my many mods still not updated.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

Edited 3 times, last by wasmic ().

• Is 1.115.304 for 1.4.7 or 1.5.1?

The mod (and IC2#304) is for 1.5.1 only. I don't have a 147 version, sorry.

and could you please add a config option to also keep the old reactors

As for re-enabling classic reactors, I could throw in that config option (just so people have the choice). Its gonna be strange to use it like that though as my reactors are not balanced against classic reactors - they expect classic reactors to be gone. As such, the cheapest advanced reactor (just a level 1 core with no chambers) is quite a bit more restrictive than a level 1 classic reactor. It also means that classic reactors become an evolutionary dead end, there's no way to "advancify" them.

If people want the option to keep classic reactors, I will add it (but recommend not using it).

I'm working on some stuff to publish the next build. I'm hoping tomorrow.

• Thanks for the response. I see your point about the vanilly reactors. Also, server owners could just add the custom-recipes mod, and make a recipe for standard reactors that they find balanced.

The obsidian reflectors are a very welcome addition, now I might actually begin using reflectors. Maybe you should add a GregTech recipe for them. Your obsidian reflectors are quite well balanced against the vanilly reflectors, but with GT making them require berylium vells, your reflectors throw balance right out of the window. You should add a config for the thick obsidian reflectors to require Be in the crafting recipe.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• As a nuclear fanatic, I really like the look of this mod even in this early stage; the extra heat allowed by the infernal reactor chambers could make breeders with unprecedented efficiency, and the enlarged 9*7 inventory size will allow me to squeeze even more power out of my reactors. I also like the look of those obsidian neutron reflectors - something thats worth using before getting iridium ones! However, I would say that you shouldn't make the maximum inventory size of the tier 1+2 reactors smaller than the 'classic' reactor, especially seeing as they are also more expensive (unless you also plan on buffing the eu/t generated by a given uranium cell). Looks great. Keep up the good work :)

• Updated to alpha5, sorry it took so long, I was working on The new Advanced Reactors website.

I would say that you shouldn't make the maximum inventory size of the tier 1+2 reactors smaller than the 'classic' reactor, especially seeing as they are also more expensive

If you compare the recipe for the lowest level reactor core to the classic one, you will see its actually cheaper (by about 1/2 stack of copper). It was deliberately made cheaper because it is smaller.

unless you also plan on buffing the eu/t generated by a given uranium cell

While I cannot buff the uranium cells, I can buff the reactor cores, I may make them scale the total output slightly (based on tier) but one of the goals with this mod is to eliminate those high power, early game reactors that IC2 allows.
    Like one of my favourites

Your obsidian reflectors are quite well balanced against the vanilly reflectors, but with GT making them require berylium vells, your reflectors throw balance right out of the window

I haven't played much with GT reflectors so I didnt' notice that. Thanks for the heads up, I will tune the recipe accordingly.

I see your point about the vanilly reactors. Also, server owners could just add the custom-recipes mod, and make a recipe for standard reactors that they find balanced

Yeah, the custom recipe mods would be an easy way to circumvent this, so *for now* I have added a compatibility config setting that can be used to re-enable classic reactors. Remember that classic chambers don't work on advanced reactors and vice versa - its a technical limitation of IC2. For the record, I don't really like the idea, but I figure if I give people the option and nobody likes it I can take it out later (by default the old recipes are disabled).

It'd be awesome if you could make a back-port

The problem with a back-port is there is no Nether brick items or Nether quartz in 1.4.7

• The problem with a back-port is there is no Nether brick items or Nether quartz in 1.4.7

Yeah, I realized that after I went to bed yesterday. I'll just wait till RP2 updates and IC2 gets more stable.

• I've officially stamped the mod with a creative commons license (on the first page). After getting several requests to use the mod I realized I needed to clarify. The chosen license should grant you everything you need for non-profit use of Advanced Reactors.

I would like to thank Myrathi (creator of ChargePads for helping me with license details.

• I realized that you need 8 lead for a dense lead plate, if lead recipes is on. Lead is not nearly as common as copper, so maybe a dense lead plate should just be 3 or 4 lead? Lead is also a very dense metal, so it would make sense. Also, I don't know if it works like this, but the configs should be like:

UseCopperInReactors: [True/False]
    UseLeadInReactors: [True/False]

So that you can leave both recipe sets on.

• I am still reading, sorry to take so long, I'm busy with other things too.

Lead is not nearly as common as copper, so maybe a dense lead plate should just be 3 or 4 lead?

How about a config option to switch between 4 lead and 8 lead (the only two options). It will only affect lead plates - copper plates will always be 8.
    Also, what mod are you using to generate/use lead? I haven't used mods with lead in a while and all I remember was Thermal Expantion that generates moderate amounts and uses almost none at all.

As for copper config separated from lead config, I think it really should be one or the other. Having them both in the same world kinda breaks consistency.

• I use TE for lead and GT for galena. But why not separate the configs? If people feel it would break consistency, just turn one of them on. If not, turn both on.

Oh, and I just installed MultiMC, so now I can use this awesome addon!