[Addon 2.0] ElectricRails 0.03e

• Electric Suspended rail, same as Stonebed Electric, but can be placed 5 blocks from a previous Track (As apposed to RC's 2.)

Sorry, I cannot understand what you talking about. Can you explain it in other words?

This almost the same thing I think of. :)

2 mods work maybe
    all mods + IC 2 new (314< dont work)

What? When? ForgeModLoader-client-0.log? crash-***.txt? Or same things for what ever you have instead of Forge.

• You have a mod that has the old IC2 API in it. check MFFS and any others then remove the IC2 API from within them.

• When talking of traveling faster than Railcraft HS rails, just keep in mind how fast you can load/receive chunks, some already have trouble with just the speed of HS rails.

• Traincraft had planned some nice stuff but currently both "HS locomotive" and "Overhead lines" are disabled. I dont think they will implement any kind of metro/mag-lev/monorail stuff.

How about making the planned Mag-lev rails require some fancy looking electromagnets?

As 'SpwnX' sad please dont make it (if you plan to do it) just cable and rail its boring. Even if you cant make nice model do at least simple block/s instead. I can help with textures if needed.

1 question: Do you plan to make those rails compatible with traincraft E-trains? (in future)

Big thanks for ElectricRails. :thumbup:

• Love this idea with some addition:
    1. Mglev Rails cannot connet to normal rails (use an adaptor if you want to).
    Different voltage of energy that connected to the rails may change the function, like: EV = Safely turning in hight speed mode, HV = Accelerate,
    MV = Maintain Speed, LV = Decelerate.
    3. Why just make people die? :Nuke TNT: BOOM!!!!!! :Nuke TNT:

• Official Post

Love this idea with some addition:
    1. Mglev Rails cannot connet to normal rails (use an adaptor if you want to).
    Different voltage of energy that connected to the rails may change the function, like: EV = Safely turning in hight speed mode, HV = Accelerate,
    MV = Maintain Speed, LV = Decelerate.
    3. Why just make people die? :Nuke TNT: BOOM!!!!!! :Nuke TNT:

If i'm not wrong HS speed is 20 m/s (2.5x normal cart, 8m/s)
    1. Maglev shouldnt connect to anything and be a special type of rail. Electric and Normal can be connected.
    2. Completely unpractical. To reduce speed just redstone electromagnets and they will reduce speed of maglev cart instead.
    Voltage accepted would MV by default, using transformer upgrades (8 electromagnets around1 transformer upgrade) you can get HV electromagnets.
    3. 45 damage is fatal in most cases as you have only 20 hp, unless you have heavy armor.

4. Electric Rail speed : 30m/s. Mag-Lev speed : 60m/s
    I think you have to add code to force load chunks faster or default chunk loading wont handle,
    maybe making all mag-lev rails load chunks as it already requires some EU, they would be like the Network Anchor.

• Then someone would make a maglev rail system that interconnects remote parts of a server, then lag the hell outa everything due to chunkloading. But seriously, this addon is cool.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Official Post

Chunk loading doesnt cause THAT much lag, especially at 1 chunk per track, it could also instead of constantly loading chunks, just load a certain amount of chunks ahead when you are riding it.

• Well i know my server was handling 400ish chunks quite well, 80 of them with machinery in it. about a 22ms Tickrate.

Killing the tech part to just the 320 non factory areas dropped tickrate a stupid amount, so I wouldnt stress too much about chunk loading (Other than memory usage, memory takes a bit of a hit)

• When talking of traveling faster than Railcraft HS rails, just keep in mind how fast you can load/receive chunks, some already have trouble with just the speed of HS rails.

Yes, I understand that, besides I using notebook and don't have high-end PC.

As 'SpwnX' sad please dont make it (if you plan to do it) just cable and rail its boring. Even if you cant make nice model do at least simple block/s instead. I can help with textures if needed.

I thought it will be simple wall of stone/construction foam blocks with integrated circuitry + textures of course.

1 question: Do you plan to make those rails compatible with traincraft E-trains? (in future)

I installed RailCraft for first time when start making this addon and I didn't ever heard about TrainCraft, so I don't know on how it is working. If it is compatible with standard Minecraft rails then it (possibly) will be compatible with that addon, I checked it with RailCraft Locomotive and it was boosted. At least I currently cannot find any API for TrainCraft.

1. I currently think to build it on top of standard rails, will see how it goes, because making it work alone will require to build whole own infrastructure and it is a lot of work. BTW it is true for monorails too.

• Now a couple questions. Are those machine blocks underneath those rails or are they magnetizers in the image?
    Now here's another question, are you planning to expand upon just rails or are you planning to do something in the way of new machines on rails?

• (attachments in first post)

For short:
    + Added turns/corners for electric rails;
    + Added "Third Rail" block;
    + Added "Advanced Track" - non electric version;
    + Added "Maglev Rail" and "Maglev Cover" blocks;
    + Added support for non integer EU/t consumption;
    + Added config options for energy consumption and speed multipliers;
    * Fixed crash when adding recipes and RailCraft rails are disabled (probably fixed);
    - Still no electric carts;