[1.115.334+]Electric Fishing Rod 2

• This mod is now maintained by Zuxelus here: [1.7.10] Ztech - Collection of AddonsA complete rewrite of the old Electric Fishing Rod addon from version 1.90. In this version, there are two types, a low tier one that can hold 100k eu, and an advanced one that can hold 1 million eu. The advanced one also charges considerably faster. It takes 5000 eu to use, and will pull up a fair number of fish by first zapping them with a teslacoil, and then dragging them back in with the magnetizer. Fish are actually highly magnetic, due to the high concentrations of metals contained in most mobs in Minecraftia. Please note that hitting anything alive with an electric fishing rod will cause a short circuit, dealing heavy damage to you and even heavier damage to whatever you hit. The advanced circuitry used in the advanced fishing rod concentrates that damage more towards your enemy and less towards you, however, if you hit anything with either rod, you will void your warranty.

Recipes:
    Imgur is being silly. Use NEI for the moment. It's an energy crystal, teslacoil, and a magnetizer for the regular (diagonally from lower left to right, in that order) and a shapeless electric rod, lapotron, advanced circuit for the advanced one.

Changelog:
    2.0.2: The fishing rods actually cook the fish now. Also, changed the fishing rods to use twice as much EU, and the regular one only gives 0-6 fish as opposed to 0-8
    2.0.1: The fishing rods now cook the fish as they electrocute them.

Known bugs:
    In order to use it to fish, you have to be standing in the water, and right clicking water blocks less than a block away from you. Otherwise, it won't work.

Source:
    https://github.com/Shalashalska/Electric-Fishing-Pole-2

• Wow, this is amazing. Sounds like you've created a nice easy way of getting food. But wouldn't electrifying them also cook them a bit?

Yes, electrifying them should cook them. Which it now does.

Updated to version 2.0.1, the fishing rods now cook the fish while they electrify them.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Official Post

Just as I get an MFR machine to fish, this happens.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Yes! You revived it! I think this must be the smallest mod ever to see a "2".

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Maybe you could make it a bit less OP ^^ (like a cooling time or a huge energy consumption, like 15 000 each time you're fishing).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• The original used 10.000 eu per shot, mat.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• The original used 10.000 eu per shot, mat.

Well, I didn't know that ^^
    But it's still a bit OP. I mean, it's fine for guys just needing food and having a BatBox and a few gens, but once you have MFSUs and 1 000 EU/t, it become a bit easy to exploit. I'd say it need different versions, like an advanced one that would take 4 fish per shot consuming 100 000 EU, without cooldown, and the basic one having a 1 min Cool down, taking only one fish but consuming only 15 000 EU.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Fish isn't a that hard to get resource. Why does fish matter so much? I like this mod as it is, and I don't really see how fish can be overpowered. Except for slapping people, of course.

• Fish isn't a that hard to get resource. Why does fish matter so much? I like this mod as it is, and I don't really see how fish can be overpowered. Except for slapping people, of course.

Well, it makes food a little bit too easy to acquire (and TC3 aspects! xD). But you're right, that's not really OP ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Well, it makes food a little bit too easy to acquire (and TC3 aspects! xD). But you're right, that's not really OP ^^

Fish not worth as a recycler junk or methane source, if you consider the cost to get em.

• Standing in the water while electrocuting fish sounds like a bad idea...

It's a bug. I have no idea why it's happening, given the fact that my clicking-on-water code is practically the same as for the bucket...

I've tweaked some of the numbers:
    Regular Rod gives 0-6 fish for 10k eu.
    Advanced Rod gives 0-8 fish for 10k eu.

I tried to add a delay, but it just locked up the item's usage.

Edit: I might also add config files for these values later.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

Edited once, last by Shalashalska ().

• I love this mod but when I use it just feels OP, maybe the energy cost should be buffed :HV-Transformer: or there should be a cooldown timer :Coolant Cell:

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

:Force Field: :Matter: :Force Field: Forcefields: the only place to keep UU!

:Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field:

• Official Post

Also a good suggestion: Since fish aren't magnetic, they should just spawn then get flinged into the air so you need to collect it manually.

• Everything in minecraft is magnetic. besides, with a strong enough magnetic field, anything can become magnetic, in real life.