Lower luminator internal storage capacity.

• I always wanted to have luminators that i can switch on/off, so i installed mcp and eclipse and modified the TileEntityLuminator to have an internal storage of 32 EU instead of 10k EU.
    Result: The luminator will remain switched on without energy for about 10 seconds instead of 2 days.

I will try to keep this up to date with the latest version of ic2.

Downloads (modifieds IC2.jar files, just use it instead of the normal ic2.jar):

Build #401 for minecraft 1.6.2: Download
    Build #231 for minecraft 1.4.7: Download

PS: I'm not posting this on the addon section because this is just a modified ic2.jar, not an addon..

• Official Post

Finally! Many thanks my good man. Shame I still use 1.4.7 though ;(

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Finally! Many thanks my good man. Shame I still use 1.4.7 though

Give me a link to your ic2 build and i will add that :)

EDIT: Or just try to copy this file: "/ic2/core/block/wiring/TileEntityLuminator.class" (on the .jar that i've uploaded) to your ic2.jar (same folder) and tell me if it runs well. (Remember to backup your ic2.jar)

• Thank you for the change that people have been wanting. I have one gripe though. Maybe next time release it as an add on instead of a modified and then repackaged IC2 .Jar.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Official Post

Give me a link to your ic2 build and i will add that :)

EDIT: Or just try to copy this file: "/ic2/core/block/wiring/TileEntityLuminator.class" (on the .jar that i've uploaded) to your ic2.jar (same folder) and tell me if it runs well. (Remember to backup your ic2.jar)

Adding makes IC2 die :(

So here's my normal IC2 jar

• Chocohead: i'll upload the modified jar soon (today)

Fallen: at the moment i couldn't modify the function that returns how many eu can store the luminator from an external mod or just using the api..

• This AddOn is junk. Luminators are really usefull, but with you all using cheaty mods from diiferent FTB Packs, you won't need them ever anyway. Well, the time will come where people see how usefull luminatord are again!

To you maybe. I find most of the "cheaty lights" do not give me the flexibility and "clean modern" look that the Luminator does. They require power yes, but a single solar panel can power at least 300 of them.

However, I would not agree to not having an internal storage capability, as they don't require a bat-box (which takes up space mind you) to constantly power. I would like to see maybe a cheaper recipe for the luminator that doesn't require a copper cable, which would not have an internal storage capacity. But if you add in the copper cable, or surround a copper cable with 8 non-storage luminators, you would get the original luminator (Maybe with a different texture on the back?).

• thats a good idea! I'll see if i can implement it.

(but it will stil being a modified ic2.jar until i learn how to modify that frikkin function!)

• Official Post

We don't care, we just want better luminators :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Chocohead: i'm uploading the file, but as i don't have minecraft 1.4.7 i don't know if its running..

EDIT: this is being harder than what i think... whitout mcp for minecraft 1.4.7 :P

• well, the next week i go to the city... there i will download mcp for mc 1.4.7..

sorry Chocohead, you will have to wait..

I dont know if that is really possible, but I think you can replace Functions in Java using reflection. I dont know if Java actually allows replacement of a single Function, but every Class has a List of Methods, so I guess one could manipulate the return Value of that Function by replacing the Method with your own.

* Opens google *

• Official Post

I can wait. Going on holiday for 2 weeks on Thursday myself. Got internet, but no actual Minecraft :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Use 1.6! it is the future (without redpower, but its the future :P)

No Redpower = No world update
    No world update = Me no update.

Might start a new world with Gregtech, though i have no idea if I could config it enough to quit nerfing stuff :D

I see this too much.

• No Redpower = No world update
    No world update = Me no update.

Might start a new world with Gregtech, though i have no idea if I could config it enough to quit nerfing stuff :D

What version of forge are you using?

EDIT: just read the build.txt from the ic2.jar.. forge #533
    PS: also trying to port it to 1.5.2