[Addon v2.0_experimental for MC 1.6.2] LevelStorage v1.2

• Official Post

Indeed. Now add Asteroids like GT and it will be better :D

The asteroids need 15 second chests on :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Indeed. Now add Asteroids like GT and it will be better :D

Might not be easy... I'll try.

EDIT: since tiering in IC2 is now shifted by 1, we get the following results:
    Quantum Ring holds 320 000 000 EU
    Armors hold 80 000 000 each.
    Drill holds 1 000 000 EU.
    Enh. Lappack holds 20 000 000 EU.
    That's not good. At all. Especially Enh. Lappack. (because it's middle-tier and having 20 000 000 EU with you means that you do absolutely not need to care about energy) I feel like you will have to play for a WHILE until you can at least fully charge all the things.

EDIT 2:
    So, here is how you get Energized Nether Stars:

1st item - nether star. Everybody knows how to get these.
    2nd item - Antimatter Glob. You craft these with 9 antimatter tiny piles which are crafted with 9 antimatter molecules which are dropped by Antimatter Stone randomly with chance 1/500. So, after doing some simple calculations, you need to destroy 162000 blocks (approximate) of antimatter stone in order to get 1 Energized Nether Star. You should probably consider quarries or Atomic Dissasemblers (the second method is faster, but it's manual and wastes A TON of energy)

• eh. u just subtract every items'EU by 1 zero

• Installing dev2 on a server will result in this crash:
    http://pastebin.com/XMAzhQ8b

I think the problem is courtesy of this class. The thing is the forge class EnumRarity is Clientside Only.
    https://github.com/mak326428/L…age/item/SimpleItems.java

Yes, you are absolutely right. I always forget to test new versions on server. Sorry, will get fixed next version.

EDIT: it's harder to fix than I thought. The deal is that when I initialize items (which i do in initItems() method), i must specify rarity for the item, but EnumRarity class does not exist on server side (FML's SideTransformer just removes it from proper classpath). I could do it the hacky way, but i hate seeing code being inelegant.

EDIT 2: Made it! https://gist.github.com/mak326428/6560958

EDIT 3: hopefully fixed major server derps. Server works now pretty well.

EDIT 4: going to fix PowerSyncs and Superconductors. After that, i think, i can release a stable (hopefully) version.
    EDIT 5: oh, i forgot, there's no way you can get to Antimatter Universe. I think i'll add some simple item for that purpose as a temporary solution.
    EDIT 6: I fixed powersyncs. Yay for that! And now I'm testing WChargers (i think i've probably fixed them too, but not sure really)
    EDIT 7: Nah, chargers seem bugged. Proper investigation is required.
    EDIT 8: I think i've run into a rather serious problem. The deal is that I add chargers to registry every tick and the next tick it is being removed. The problem is the injectEnergyUnits() code is being executed JUST (oh, what an awesome coincedence!) in the middle-time between registrycleaning and readding charger to the registry. The result is:
    Chargers are broken. Completely. I don't know how to fix them.
    I thought to do registry-cleaning once 5 or so ticks. No, that won't work either because every 5th energy packet will be just lost and when you drop charger during 5 ticks there's a potential ability for energy to appear from nowhere.

• Hey, u should add a function that u walk through every XX blocks, then u will get a EU charging, maybe u could add it into boots or leggings, I prefer leggings

• Eh....I mean every time u walk through XX blocks

Nah, i will add a Multicore Tesla Helmet (basically a tesla helmet with in-built Multicore Solar Panel which generates 2048 EU/t) and i think that should be enough.

EDIT: i've fixed wireless chargers from being not added to registry. Now need to add some energyaccepting code to make them work perfect. The only unfortunate part of this is that current solution is a little bit laggy (not that laggy, it is just slightly noticable)

Edited 4 times, last by mak326428: Laggy != buggy. Pretty close though. ().

• Just got another client crash with Forge 859, ic2 experimental 170 and dev2 of levelstorage.
    I just started the game and became this crash log:
    http://pastebin.com/tanWw8tx

I don't think the real problem is levelstorage, but when i remove levelstorage, everything works fine.
    The first three lines are pretty much everything you need to know:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ic2.core.BasicMachineRecipeManager.addRecipe(BasicMachineRecipeManager.java:27)
    at makmods.levelstorage.proxy.CommonProxy.addSimpleCraftingRecipes(CommonProxy.java:76)

So the real NullPointerException is in ic2.core.BasicMachineRecipeManager.addRecipe, but makmods.levelstorage.proxy.CommonProxy.addSimpleCraftingRecipes calls ic2.core.BasicMachineRecipeManager.addRecipe somehow and that's why the crash only happens when you install levelstorage.

Edit: I only get this crash with any ic2 experimental + any working forge 1.6 + levelstorage + Advanced Solar Panels by SeNtiMeL

• Official Post

Antimatter blocks should blow up when you touch them and instant kill you.

• That's weird. I know why crash happened (IC2 experimental uses IRecipeInput which might be either OreDictRecipeInput or ItemStackRecipeInput), but as far as i remember, i did fix it. I'll investigate.

• So, a new dev-version is in the attachments.
    New stuff (since previous dev version):
    1. Antimatter Universe (currently in-dev, you can get there using MystCraft command /tpx <antimatter universe dimid>, where <antimatter universe dimid> is config property defaulted to 2)
    2. Electric Lighter (has no recipe, can smelt smeltable blocks in-world, otherwise acts as a flint-and-steel except for that it consumes energy)
    3. Massive overhaul behind the scenes.
    4. Multicore Solar Panel (2048 EU/t solar panel, has no recipe yet)
    5. And new simpleitems that have no use yet.
    6. A TON of bugfixes. Some major bugs are still there yet (Advanced Miners, Wireless Chargers and Superconductors are the bugged items i know of)

So, I'm off to watching direwolf.

• Official Post

Well then, antimatter doesn't explode when you touch it. When it meets matter, it just releases a ton of energy and destroys matter, but it doesn't explode.

You should add an armor that stops you from touching the anti-matter, in the same way you need oxygen in a Galacticraft world.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.