[Addon v2.0_experimental for MC 1.6.2] LevelStorage v1.2

• Official Post

I still think that iridium ore is rarer...

iridium is 20% to be anywhere in the chunk (Y 1 to 200+ [dependng on terrain]) while yours it 50 times 1% at diamond level (Y 3 to 16) [Edit : 60,5% to not have chromite, against 80% of iridium].

• oreChromite, as chromite it is the real name for the ore containing (mostly) chrome (and iron).
    FeCr2O4
    Therefore when processed on a GregTech industrial grinder, it may provide iron as byproduct?

Ok.

That ore won't be terrible common;
    Ore processing-line for it:
    Macerator + 1 Chromite Ore -> 2 crushed chromite ore
    Ore Washing Plant + 1 crushed chromite ore -> 1 purified crushed chromite ore + 2 tiny piles of chrome dust + 4 piles of iron dust + 1 stone dust
    Thermal Centrifuge + 1 purified crushed chromite ore -> 1 chrome dust + 1 tiny pile of iridium dust (you need 9 of those to get 1 iridium ore) + 1 tiny pile of diamond dust (which again, you need 9 to craft a diamond dust, which is compressed into normal diamond)

EDIT:
    Chromite ore in its natural habitat:

I made it lightblue-whitish, because it is so IRL. (why does Greg think that Chrome is pink?)
    Is that good enough for texture or it could be better?

• Official Post

Looks alot like diamond to be :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Looks alot like diamond to be :P

Feel the difference :P

EDIT:
    I just understood that ONE iridium ore is FOURTY TWO BUCKETS OF LIQUID UUM, where 1 bucket of liquid UUM = ONE MILLION SIX HUNDRED SIXTY SIX THOUSAND EU. WOW.
    Well, that kinda means that 69,999,972 EU per ONE iridium ore..
    Iridium Plate = 279,999,888 EU.
    1 Quantum Set = more than 2 billion EU.
    IC2 Dev-Team, that's brutal. That's sadistic. That's cruel.
    I mean even with GT in 1.4.7 I got quantum suit fast relatively to how it is now... NO. Just no. (hehe, cheaty Ferrous Ore + Mercury cell -> 1 platium -> 1 iridium ore -> profit)
    My items were thought to be expensive (in IC2_lf they i would call them balanced, but now they are just simply impossible to get.. at least it will be SUCH a pain in the ass), but not to such an extent...
    I'm going to create a "bring-everything-back" addon. Like I really should.

EDIT 2:
    Yay, I'm Stone Miner. That's good news at least :O

• I just understood that ONE iridium ore is FOURTY TWO BUCKETS OF LIQUID UUM, where 1 bucket of liquid UUM = ONE MILLION SIX HUNDRED SIXTY SIX THOUSAND EU. WOW.
    Well, that kinda means that 69,999,972 EU per ONE iridium ore..
    Iridium Plate = 279,999,888 EU.
    1 Quantum Set = more than 2 billion EU.
    IC2 Dev-Team, that's brutal. That's sadistic. That's cruel.

Ever thought that maybe, just maaaaybe, the problem is not with IC2 but with your overuse of iridium? :)

• Ever thought that maybe, just maaaaybe, the problem is not with IC2 but with your overuse of iridium? :)

Yes. Since now and then iridium usage for my items are / 2 and use chrome. Alot of it.

EDIT 2:
    Just realized that Levitation Boots use 12 iridium plates. You need 14 iridium plates total. So, ~3 billion EU with scrap... OMG.
    Aaand quantum ring uses 72. WHEEE.
    How about ~20 billion EU? 20,000,000,000 EU. How about that?
    500 filled MFSUs. 500. 500. FIVE HUNDRED.
    Lovely.

• Will it be possible to create chrome from UU? At what cost?
    I get the feeling that you are simply replacing one expensive material with other, not that much cheaper, one :)

• Will it be possible to create chrome from UU? At what cost?
    I get the feeling that you are simply replacing one expensive material with other, not that much cheaper, one :)

Nah, my generousity (and laziness about my legit 1.6.2 world :D) allowed you to exchange 16 diamonds for 1 iridium ore (in particle accelerator) lol.
    @create chrome from uu:
    I could add that recipe, yeah. But still, you don't want to use it, it's far easier to just go mine with atomic diassembler in the world.

And BTW, i fixed that weird keyboard-keys bug. I just copypasted and changed contant's name, not its content.
    All right, done away with it.

EDIT:
    Some textures:

• You said chrome will be rare in the world (about one per chunk even though you said rarer than iridium that is one per 5 chunks). You also said your items will need a LOT of chrome. How can those two things (rare but easy to mine in world) be compatible? :)

• You said chrome will be rare in the world (about one per chunk even though you said rarer than iridium that is one per 5 chunks). You also said your items will need a LOT of chrome. How can those two things (rare but easy to mine in world) be compatible? :)

It's easy compared to iridium ore, honestly ;P
    Also, chrome WILL have an IV value, so transmute stuff, do it!

• It's easy compared to iridium ore, honestly ;P
    Also, chrome WILL have an IV value, so transmute stuff, do it!

How much chrome will I need to have before it becomes easy to mine and/or to transmute?

• @Chrome = Pink: Chrome is responsible for the Red in Rubies, therefor I made the red lighter and I got Pink.

How much chrome will I need to have before it becomes easy to mine and/or to transmute?

It becomes easy to mine EXACTLY when you craft your Atomic Disassembler (which will require chrome BTW; this thing simplifies oremining ALOT, however it draws a ton of energy)
    I think like 12 (or 10) diamonds <--> 1 chrome.
    Want to make chrome an important resource, that you want to have a lot of (e.g. like iridium, platinum from GT, etc.)

EDIT 2:
    Adding all the recipes is a real pain in the butt. I'll upload new version later, yell at me if I forgot some recipes.

EDIT 3:
    Ore washing plant recipe [ignore derpy NEI background]:

EDIT 4:
    Done.

EDIT 5:
    Well, here we go, got first imbalance:
    2 chrome dusts -> 1 iridium ore.
    That's totally imbalanced, but I don't know how to fix it (changing the whole particle-accelerator paradigm just doesn't feel like it (lazy lazy me -_-))

• Official Post

@chrome color : Elemental chrome is silvery white. Most of our housestuff that has constant contact with water are galvanized with chrome, thats why they have that silvery color.
    Chrome with mixed with other stuff may yield different colours, including red (PbCrO4).
    Chrome in rubies indeed makes it red, but it is bound with oxygen. If it is in lower quantities, it will yield a pink sapphire.

Elemental chrome : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi…rystals_and_1cm3_cube.jpg

• Just realized that Levitation Boots use 12 iridium plates. You need 14 iridium plates total. So, ~3 billion EU with scrap... OMG.
    Lovely.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Dont change EU storage of every item, they are very balance, if EU storage get increase, they get no balance :(

• Well, here we go, got first imbalance:
    2 chrome dusts -> 1 iridium ore.
    That's totally imbalanced, but I don't know how to fix it (changing the whole particle-accelerator paradigm just doesn't feel like it (lazy lazy me -_-))

just decrease the IV of chrome dust, 2 chrome dusts = 1 iridium ore is like 1 chrome ore = 1 iridium ore, i dont know how rare is the chrome ore, maybe change to 4 chrome dusts = 1 iri ore or 6 chrome ore = 1 iri, u know, in IC2 EX, 1 iridium ore needs 42 amount of liquid UU, its very expensive than IC2 lf, so just change IV of chrome

• Just realized that Levitation Boots use 12 iridium plates. You need 14 iridium plates total. So, ~3 billion EU with scrap... OMG.
    Lovely.

Yup! A better example of how IC2 is being ruined by greg I have yet to see.
    Seriously.. the new UU-matter system is just STUPID broken.