Crafting Guide—the step-by-step guide to make anything in Minecraft—Now on Mobile & Tablets!

• Have you ever wanted to figure out how much of what materials you need to craft something? Ever notice that certain
    recipes are pretty easy... until you account for all the machines you need? Ever wonder how much stuff you'll need to
    make a Quarry or a full QuantumSuit?

Crafting Guide will help. Choose what you want to make and how many of each, and it will automatically figure out:

• How many of what resources do you need?
    • What tools / machines do you need?
    • How many of what resource do you need for the tools?
    • What items do you need to craft in what order?

I've just launched a brand-new version with support for vanilla, Buildcraft, and IndustrialCraft2 (classic) recipes.
    It's all open-source, so anyone can help expand it to cover missing recipes, other mods, or add new features. Check out
    the GitHub project if you'd like to get involved!

If you've seen it before, go look again. There's a whole new site now, which supports a lot more than the old one did:

• You can now make many different items at once (e.g., a whole NanoSuit)
    • You now get step-by-step instructions for any build
    • All recipes show the proper layout on the crafting grid
    • All items have matching icons

• This would be a useful tool for GregTech, but with all the alternative recipes it would be a major hassle.

• How hard would it be to make an in-game version or a version that parses your config files? As it is it doesn't really help all that much if you have mods that give alternative ways of producing items. Then again I also don't know how to manage to create something that would be capable of handling it :)

• This would be a useful tool for GregTech, but with all the alternative recipes it would be a major hassle

One of my inspirations for this project was doing thing for GregTech. I don't think it will be that hard apart from adding all the data files!

• More progress! Crafting Guide has been updated with:

• Search-as-you-type to select what recipe you'd like to make
    • A checkbox to include or exclude resources needed to make tools and machines
    • An inventory box to specify what items you already have

Check it out!

• Do you manually add them or do you have some sort of automated process to "rip" them out from within minecraft?

• Your job isn't over yet, you should see ALL the new recipes for IC2_experimental! (Possibly add it as another library, and add functionality to disable and enable libraries.)

Do you manually add them or do you have some sort of automated process to "rip" them out from within minecraft?

At this point it's all manual. I haven't gotten into making mods myself, but that's a intriguing idea.

Your job isn't over yet, you should see ALL the new recipes for IC2_experimental! (Possibly add it as another library, and add functionality to disable and enable libraries.)

Yeah, it would definitely be a separate recipe book, and being able enable/disable recipe books is definitely on the list of future additions.

• Great job so far, keep it up! :)

Any chances of allowing you to calculate multiple items at once?

Thanks! If you mean making many copies of the same item, that's already supports (just change the drop-down box with the "1" in it). If you mean making lots of different items, then that's definitely part of the future plans.

• Awesome. :)

When requesting to make something, it repeats the item I want to make in the "You'll need to make:" column and once more in the "You'll end up with:" column. Well of course I'll have to make what I want to end up with. ;)

I don't mean to come across as arrogant and high and mighty, but speaking from experience, I suggest working on the ability to calculate the raw ingredients for multiple items first before you get too into loading up with features, it's always annoying having to rewrite your code, and'll save you a lot of back pedalling down the road. I can recommend taking a look at the old news section of my Resource Calculator, particularly at the start, where I discover various quirks and the like, might help you out, maybe even things you didn't think about.

All the best to ya! :thumbup:

• I suggest working on the ability to calculate the raw ingredients for multiple items first

Thanks for the advice! I've definitely had that in mind from the beginning, so I've set things up to make it easy to add later. Actually, I"m a professional software engineer, so I'm very used to planning out code for being modular for future growth. Everything is open-source, so you're welcome to take a look at the project on GitHub.

• Hello all! I'm back to working on Crafting Guide after a long break. I've made a few adjustments to the UI and finished adding all the recipes for Minecraft 1.7.10. I've got some time off, so I'm going to be working on it full time for a little while now, so feedback and suggestions would be great!

http://crafting-guide.com

• Would be interesting to have a mod to dump all recipes/items and textures/icons for them and get them feeded to local program to do similar stuff.
    I like the idea, but I don't think doing it online is best option, since allowing everyone to upload stuff would break it instantly.

But anyway, good job.