[Addon v2.0.367+?] (Minecraft 1.6.2/4) Transformer Converters Development Thread

• I use it and have found some...interesting genre's. Hard rock/heavy metal(instrumental only) folk music is different.

:|

By the way, this is what I'm currently doing in my free-free time. Notice how I have the red box around something in the picture... :P Makes it hard for me to save without lagging or half-crashing.

• I have some weird entries in the startup log.
    Compare them with the settings in the TransformerConverters.cfg

And there is the TransformerConverters.cfg:

Any idea why the settings within the log are completely different from the config file?

I'm playing with the newest version "Transformer Converters [Early Beta 0.0.1D]-SRG.zip".

• Hello,

I honestly don't know whats causing the errors. I do know however, why the ids are different from each other. Theres currently a bug with Transformer Converters, that if the silver ids get changed to the original intended id's, it will crash your game. So, I had to manually set the ids to the original ids, and the config just randomly generates a id for each broken one. Sorry :( I'm a really bad developer. I'll try to look into it some more. But, thanks for telling me this anyway. I was not aware of this. :) You really helped me. Even if it is small.

Thanks for reading this and understanding (maybe?), -Master801

• We resolve it, of course :3

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• Official Post

[23:19:41 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-13 23:19:41 [Information] [STDERR] CRITICAL-ERROR: The OreDict-Registration of an Item by TransformerConverters is too invalid to even be shown properly. This happens only if you register null, invalid Items, empty Strings or even nonexisting Events to the OreDict.
    [23:19:41 INFO]: Client> 2014-01-13 23:19:41 [Information] [STDERR] CRITICAL-ERROR: The OreDict-Registration of an Item by TransformerConverters is too invalid to even be shown properly. This happens only if you register null, invalid Items, empty Strings or even nonexisting Events to the OreDict.

This happened probably because you registered an Item which doesn't actually exist to the OreDict. AKA "new ItemStack(null, 1, 0)", while the null Part is causing the Problem. (in most occassions it will crash if you enter null into the ItemStack Constructor, but there are ways to screw that up aswell by just directly inserting ItemIDs instead of Blocks or Items).

• This happened probably because you registered an Item which doesn't actually exist to the OreDict. AKA "new ItemStack(null, 1, 0)", while the null Part is causing the Problem. (in most occassions it will crash if you enter null into the ItemStack Constructor, but there are ways to screw that up aswell by just directly inserting ItemIDs instead of Blocks or Items).

Hmmm.... I'll have to look into this even more then. :| Wait, so, what your stating is, I should register my items in PostInit right? Or am I getting this wrong?

EDIT: I think I fixed it? I registered my ingots and blocks (only silver) in the PreInit, and did the silver generation in the Init. Is this a better way of doing this than before?

• Good news Master :3 We will got connected textures for silver block and / or / maybe for new esthetic stuff like Silver - Plated Stone Bricks ( Silver Bricks ) if you want :3 I spend about 20 hours with code, search, try and fails but, I got it, finally. Who could it expect :D

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• Hmmm.... I'll have to look into this even more then. :| Wait, so, what your stating is, I should register my items in PostInit right? Or am I getting this wrong?

EDIT: I think I fixed it? I registered my ingots and blocks (only silver) in the PreInit, and did the silver generation in the Init. Is this a better way of doing this than before?

Just one question:
    Are the IDs still hardcoded or are you using the config file now?

• Official Post

That specific Message was about calling OreDictionary.registerOre with invalid Parameters. If you use an Item for a Stack, which doesn't even exist (at that point in time), then you have done something wrong.

Basically, you have to do the following in @preInit:

make your Config
    add your Items
    add your Blocks
    register your Ores

In that order. What you did was very likely registering Ores before you actually added the Items.

• Oh, yeah. Oops, really big and dumb mistake on my part. I'll change it right now. (How did I not know how to add items and blocks in correctly?)

• For getting basics best all over the world is very compressed, greatful "Coding cup of Java" & "Forging a Minecraft Mod" by Vswe. Since he is from Sweden or similar, his English is lot better then lot of UK / US people's and understanding things through his tutorial videos is quite simple. I learned from him too. :)

btw. finally break from work and some living stuff. Time to already truly download last commits and set things properly :D Without "Delete Invasion" :D

• For getting basics best all over the world is very compressed, greatful "Coding cup of Java" & "Forging a Minecraft Mod" by Vswe. Since he is from Sweden or similar, his English is lot better then lot of UK / US people's and understanding things through his tutorial videos is quite simple. I learned from him too. :)

btw. finally break from work and some living stuff. Time to already truly download last commits and set things properly :D Without "Delete Invasion" :D

:D Finally! I was actually missing talking to you while I came home from school... Just make sure to not delete your files anymore. And, if you need help, you know where to find me. :)

I don't really look at the basic forge tutorials. And, I also don't really like to watch videos of people doing it. I just miss a lot of things whenever I do. But, I will watch some videos if, they are very-very-helpful, and the only one that I can actually find with the problem I have. :| Re-did the engine's gui code, and it now crashes. I know why, and I'll do it later. By the way, the slot index's, are not slot numbers. Like, slot index = 0. Always. Slot numbers = Slot Numbers. Something like that. I don't really understand it myself since I never could find a good tutorial that explains gui's and custom slots.

• Official Post

Re-did the engine's gui code, and it now crashes.

It did before :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Im little bit scared about things which happen before and also, theres still problem with my tries to work exploding of Silver Nether Ore...
    I know I have O.S. Nether Ores, which had it, but, it isnt very useful, because Im not able to 100% understand how it exactly work.
    Problem isnt anything then "Chance"

EDIT:

What happen with my textures for newer version? Will be implemented? ( Models )

I was miss talking to you too. Much work I guess in my life :/

Oh, and, still thinking about BC storage block. I will make basic block and render it with Tesselator, I've got pretty much great idea about that. If I'll be successfull, that will look awesome ! :)

Edited once, last by CastielAngelow ().

• Im little bit scared about things which happen before and also, theres still problem with my tries to work exploding of Silver Nether Ore...
    I know I have O.S. Nether Ores, which had it, but, it isnt very useful, because Im not able to 100% understand how it exactly work.
    Problem isnt anything then "Chance"

EDIT:

What happen with my textures for newer version? Will be implemented? ( Models )

I tried doing it before, and it didn't really work out so well... just look at what I did before. Just change out what I stupidly out in, and change it to how you like it. We can however, look at it, copy it and modify it to how we need it. You didn't finish the Electric Engine's textures, so I never put them in. Sorry. I'll put them in later though, when they get done. :) And, I made some textures for another time. Just check in the models folder. You'll see a folder with a special name. I don't wanna ruin it. So you shouldn't either. :) Calenders are so useful when you copy them from Minecraft's original code. :P (Little hint for those who know what I'm talking about.)