[Addon][1.6.2+] Unidye - Get more awesome for your IC²!

• Official Post

Regarding the exploits: Like I said, these were not really in my mind since you don't really use them too often, at least in the modpacks I play, I will take the exploits out then. Another thing I would be really interested in are your opinions on balancing my mod. On my GregTech Survival World, I gathered some sheep early and used the wool in the generator instead of coal (those went into Coke Ovens) or Wood/Charcoal, which I thought was pretty handy..maybe a little too handy? But that's just GregTech, in normal IC² I doubt wool farming would be a viable early game energy generation.

Interesting idea burning wool. As long as it doesn't provide silly amounts of EU I think it's a pretty good idea actually.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I am genuinely confused. That's all I can say. In my developer environment (for 1.6.2 as well as my new one for 1.6.4, they include IC², CCC and NEI), using my 1.6.2 release, I cannot recreate the error, everything starts up normally, etc. But once I put them into an actual minecraft installation, this weird error shows up, calling me out on using a method that does not exist, something to do with ItemHoe.. Which has nothing to do with the constructor of ItemWoolPart nor setting its unlocalizedName. Just...what? I really have no idea how this could even be remotely related. If someone is less confused than me, here's the source code:
    Unidye
    ItemWoolPart

Regarding the exploits: Like I said, these were not really in my mind since you don't really use them too often, at least in the modpacks I play, I will take the exploits out then. Another thing I would be really interested in are your opinions on balancing my mod. On my GregTech Survival World, I gathered some sheep early and used the wool in the generator instead of coal (those went into Coke Ovens) or Wood/Charcoal, which I thought was pretty handy..maybe a little too handy? But that's just GregTech, in normal IC² I doubt wool farming would be a viable early game energy generation.

What's the version of Forge in your workspace? I can't find anything wrong with the code myself by reading through it, so I'm thinking something MIGHT be derped inside Forge itself.

With the exploits: I'm sorry to say, but it's kind of goes without saying, you would have to eventually take into account, when making a mod, the users eventually WILL find an exploit using the tools (Read: mods) at their disposal, for balance's sake; I actually find it kind of fun sniping loopholes in my own code.

• Booya, found it. Seems like the recompiling process of 1.6.2 forge and 1.6.4 forge works differently, I recompiled it again and now it seems to be working..I hope it's not only for me :D Look into my Downloads in the first thread, I will include it there.

Yes, I should remove at least the exploits then.

The fuel value for Wool is the same as Wood and you don't gain fuel value when you turn it into Wool Mesh (similar to Biomass->Biofuel in a Refinery, which turns it in 1 4:1 ratio and the Biofuel is worth 4 times more, so you have no netgain.) It's a nice early game addition I think, I could always have my Generators filled up until I got my factory started and could use Creosote oil in a semifluid generator, etc. Maybe there should be a way to make them more endgame..Is Wool burnable in a RC Steam boiler? Would be a nice addition.

• You could make your own custom dyes. Like white dye instead of bone meal, blue dye instead of lapis, etc.

There are other mods that add custom dyes like that, so I would recommend registering them with the same OreDict. At the moment I do not know what the name is, but I would assume they wouldn't be too difficult to find.

• Booya, found it. Seems like the recompiling process of 1.6.2 forge and 1.6.4 forge works differently, I recompiled it again and now it seems to be working..I hope it's not only for me :D Look into my Downloads in the first thread, I will include it there.

Woot! Downloading now, I'll see if I can crank out a spotlight for you tonight.

• That would be amazing :)

And yes, removing exploits is something I will do. I meant apart from that too.

EDIT: Added your mod spotlight in the first post, wondering why there is no possibility to embed youtube videos.

• Released Version 1.1.3. 1.6.2 Version is now compatible upwards to the 1.6.4 version too, no need for a fix.

Changed the Unidye Recipes so it is not possible to get Dyes you don't have yet, changed recipes to use the OreDict, removed exploits, removed options to toggle the exploits back on again.
    I am afraid the youtube mod spotlight is already out of date (damn my random motivational and productive boost), will provide my own soon (or Geo Terra might forgive me and do another one, sorry)

• Released Version 1.1.3. 1.6.2 Version is now compatible upwards to the 1.6.4 version too, no need for a fix.

Changed the Unidye Recipes so it is not possible to get Dyes you don't have yet, changed recipes to use the OreDict, removed exploits, removed options to toggle the exploits back on again.
    I am afraid the youtube mod spotlight is already out of date (damn my random motivational and productive boost), will provide my own soon (or Geo Terra might forgive me and do another one, sorry)

*sigh* I'll forgive you Linus only because I'm a really good-natured guy and making that video was good exercise for me. I'll make a new one either later today (no guarantees as it's Canadian Thanksgiving today) or tomorrow. Also, this'll be a good opportunity to figure out how to use Linux to record videos for when I start my LP when Mystcraft updates for 1.6.4 (I switched from Winblows as it was getting to me and Linux (Xubuntu) is a much better mod dev environment than Windows)
    And yes, UniDye WILL be installed for my LP, I frigging love this mod.

• Wait. I managed to piss you off? Crap. I'm really sorry about that. I really should've put a couple of smilies in my post, but I keep forgetting. So sorry about that. ^^

• Oh. Actually, you didn't piss me off. Far from it. It's actually really hard to piss me off. Anyways, the spotlight is being uploaded now. I'll PM you the link as soon as it's done.

• I'm currently planning to make the mod interact with other mods and offer more possibilities (centrifuge recipes from GT for example), but I will have to learn a bit more and ask some stuff probably so that might take a while, seeing as university has started for me.

EDIT: I would gladly accept suggestions!

• Official Post

Okay, PbCrO4 for yellow dye. I bet that yellow paint (commonly used on RL) is toxic.

Another thing is that most dyes are big hydrocarbons... (theorically you could produce any dye if you have hydrogen, carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur ... [non metals of family group 14 to 17])