Nether star as UUM product

• Official Post

Simply as title, add nether star as liquid UUM possible replication, costing insane amounts like 300+ buckets of UUM.

As all replicable stuff, you need one to scan, so this will be a very costly operation :P

• Simply as title, add nether star as liquid UUM possible replication, costing insane amounts like 300+ buckets of UUM.

As all replicable stuff, you need one to scan, so this will be a very costly operation :P

I can add ..but need a balace cost UUM and EU ....suggestions please

• How about an "Integrated Wither-Killing Machine"? To make it more balanced. Max EU/t is 2048.

It costs a nether star blueprint to make. In total, it costs 600 buckets of LUU (configurable) without any material provided
    If the config is set to 0, the machine is disabled

- Subtract 50 buckets per Wither Skull consumed (max 3 Wither Skulls)
    - Subtract 2 buckets per Soul Sand consumed (max 4 Soul Sand)
    - Subtract 10 buckets per QuantumSuit armor piece provided
    - Subtract 5 buckets per NanoSuit armor piece provided
    - Subtract 10 buckets if a Nano Saber is provided
    - Subtract 10 buckets if a Mining Laser is provided

Optionally make it cost additional EU. Additional EU cost is scaled with the UUM cost. Maybe 10 000 EU per bucket of UU cost?

Also, the processing speed of the machine is based on the EU provided.
    Overclockers can be added. It increases speed by 30% and energy usage by 50%.

• I can add ..but need a balace cost UUM and EU ....suggestions please

Is there a place where we could see current UUM/EU usage for specific items? Perhaps a wiki page or something would be nice where things could be discussed or at least viewed in a single place. Just coming up with a random guess for nether star isn't really possible when we have no idea how much other stuff costs.

• Official Post

Nether star is only used for a few recipes, like the beacon and gregtech magic machines, so i dont think they should be thaaaaat expensive.
    No other TECH mod rather than IC addons uses them afaik.

Values suggestions :
    250 UUM buckets
    500M EU

The main thingy will be the time, about 3 hours to give the replicator enough EU.

• Gravity/portal gun and portal frames use them too. Also BoP staff for getting to promised land. Quite sure there are other mods using them as well, that's just what NEI told me.

• Official Post

Didn't gravity/portal gun also use them?

That too, but they are also found on dungeons, making the point of using nether stars useless. [Portal guns]
    For gravity guns, you can overcharge the normal gravity guns with lightning, using any lightning source (gregtech rods for example)

• - Subtract 10 buckets per QuantumSuit armor piece provided
    - Subtract 5 buckets per NanoSuit armor piece provided
    - Subtract 10 buckets if a Nano Saber is provided
    - Subtract 10 buckets if a Mining Laser is provided

Would they be destroyed?

• Shouldn't be. I mean, they are used to simulate an automated Wither killer, after all, and those stuff don't break.

Although maybe Terra Wart & Milk should give a bonus...

• Official Post

If you consider the nature of the nether star, it is pure (magical) energy, as it powers a (magical) beacon that gives you good effects from nowhere.
    Energy is easy to obtain because of automation mods.

Wind and Solar are hard to be spammed, in great quantities, given you are playing with GregTech.

• i decided to write small mod that will add any recipe you like as UUM scannable, there is source code, you can compile it yourself or ask someone (including me).

it require config file to be created at proper dir manually.

syntax for config file is:

ITEMORBLOCKID#UUM COST#EUCOST