UTILITIES, Machines, Reactors

• That's for others. I personally turn false every OP pages in Myst config as Dense Ores, Tendrils etc.

I personnally don't use every OP mods, like Mystcraft. And TiC, and ... TONS of mods, even Forestry is OP to me.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

I personnally don't use every OP mods, like Mystcraft. And TiC, and ... TONS of mods, even Forestry is OP to me.

How do you have the patience to use Gregtech but nearly no other convenience mod on single player? How long do you AFK?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

For the Glass fibres, I was thinking more of some kind of Graphene sheet. Slice some diamonds super finely, combine atomically in a weave. Diamonds are crystalline, and so are good for optical transfer but not electrical, but Graphene on the other hand is actually a decent conductor.

• How do you have the patience to use Gregtech but nearly no other convenience mod on single player? How long do you AFK?

I don't play that much on SSP. And the mod I use are the one that fit with what I find entertaining in MC, aka mine/craft/mess for rewards. But NO, absolutely NO "free stuff over time". I mean, I wouldn't care if Bees&Trees giving cells, torches or that kind of utility products. But what I dislike is how you can reach a point where you don't have to mine/craft/those kind of things anymore. I even dislike AE for that! (but I have to deal with AE, because most people like it).
    So my mods are:
    IC²+GT+maybe on next time I'll play (cause I play a lot for short period then stop for months ^^. But a lot is, to me, 12 hours a day ^^) an addon of IC² if I find it balanced enough.
    BC because Oil (Honestly, I would give it up if I had an Oil replacement, because everything in it is OP but automation, which is crappy ^^. And I especially hate quarries), TE only because Liquid Transposers (GT one is a bit more expensive ^^), RC because Boiler and because Steam can be fun at the beginning.
    TC3 because I love its research system, even though I use nothing (or almost) in it ^^.
    AE because everyone want it.

And I do never stay AFK.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• That's not about OP gained things. But only with 2 mods, that start to be boring after some time.
    Forestry actually, i using only for multiblock farms for eat, reed for books and papers and for wood to build things, such asi Railbeds etc. By default i turning off genrating ores at level, then have only 1 type of copper, one of Tin etc. :)
    I don't want do Greg - Tech and using other mods forh help. I just using different mods for better experience ;)

Mystcraft is fun, you know. Custom worlds with custom terrain, colored skies, colored grass etc. I almost always make for me Cyan - based everything in world what is possible, even water and after that living there :)

And, you can sa then almost EVERY mod is OP, you know. Because every automatizatio is OP. Every doubling ores(macerator) is OP :)
    But, instead of that, you welcoming it. You are happy while you made your macerator, trying things how they can co-operate.
    Exactly for me is OP Applied energetics and system of storing. I loved RedPower based sorting :( I miss it. I miss giant storages, more steps to get things you want :)

And finally, playing with IC or Greg - Tech. Lot of peolple think, then you need to automate that for better experience. Sure, some things, but way how Direwolf20 play. EVERYTHING NEED TO BE AUTOMATIC... :/ Boring for me. What if I automate everything? What else? Nothing.. So, thats reason why other mods, even if someone can think it's OP.

Althrough... With Greg - Tech even Diamond dimension isn't as much OP as it is without. And anyone dont try lead us to go around Greg - Tech. :)

Reason why we added it to our MC's is, then we want to play with it, isn't? :)

Every mod has "+" and "-". EVERY :)

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• How do you have the patience to use Gregtech but nearly no other convenience mod on single player? How long do you AFK?

I never afk in SSP, there are always things you can do while waiting for something :)

How is TiC overpowered?

It trivializes all enhancements and even proper tool tiers.

• Quoted from "MatLaPatate"

I personally don't use every OP mods, like Mystcraft. And TiC, and ... TONS of mods, even Forestry is OP to me.
    How is TiC overpowered?

Are you kidding me?

Diamond pickaxe: 1 diamond to make instead of 3

Smeltery: 2x ore doubling with a few buckets of lava
    Fortune III with a small amount of lapis instead of tons of wasted books, EXP, and pickaxes
    Silk touch with an emerald and gold and other junk instead of tons of wasted books, EXP, and pickaxes

• For the Glass fibres, I was thinking more of some kind of Graphene sheet. Slice some diamonds super finely, combine atomically in a weave. Diamonds are crystalline, and so are good for optical transfer but not electrical, but Graphene on the other hand is actually a decent conductor.

Yeah. Now it's more like "Data Cable", no cable for EU Stuff. :)

Graphite(Graphenne) was suggest, because it has more uses. In leading electricity and even for consume radiation :)
    Also, IC2 should change "copper plates" can used in Reactors :)

I think Lead is more real for purpose. OR make Thermal centrifuge able to combining 2 elements by creating another. Like IRON + LEAD > High - Resistance Lead Plate which can replace copper in Reactor components :)

As i said little bit ago, Reactors have GIANT potential, and it's dont mean just in EU generating. It was enough added just Lead Ore and now you can make things in N.R. more realistic, more expensive etc. :)

How cool should some things be... I know, it's probabl hard to code even "just" reactor, but some imagination and voilá, you've got new way of radiation, Glass Fibre Cables more expensive :)

And, one more thing to G.F. cable. You need to cover Tin, Copper, HV cables. Why not G.F.Cables :)

Something like Carbon Meshes combined with Vulcanized Rubber, and. And... great, totally some new ideas, need to update my thread and make it colored for better orientating :D

Uber - Cool, I'm much more excited. :D

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• What's wrong eith TiC?

1) You need to collect bunch of Gravel, Sand and Clay for making smeltery. Without it, you aren't enable to make cool things.
    2) I Agree, it need to be re - maked way how recieve enchants. But, even with it, you need 450 lapis lazuli for making Fortune III and Lapis Lazuli is rared then just Coal or Iron. Maybe could help if Mojang make ores generated even in some biomes.

I using TiC only for Hammers, Excavators and because it have Lumber Axe. TreeCapitator and things like that can look OP, but... Sorry, if you chop down tree in real, all tree go down ;) :D

• And, you can sa then almost EVERY mod is OP, you know. Because every automatizatio is OP. Every doubling ores(macerator) is OP

Yeah, but what I said is that I hate thing generating ressources without you doing anything, aka Quarries (miner doesn't count as it need to be dismantled so often that it's almost not worth mining by hand ^^), Bees (once you get a proper automated system and once you breeded them all), Forestry Farms ... apart from that are also things I find UNbalanced compared to some other mods (as an example, ExtraBees&Trees isn't OP to me, but ruin my fun because it keep generating stuff without your intervention, while Myscraft, Forestry, TiC or CC are OP because they provide solution that are way cheaper than other the way you have with other mods, and so make them useless (which is sad when I prefer the other mod ^^): Enchants from TiC, Forestry way of making energy that is clearly OP, CC turtles ...)

But the Gravel/Clay thingy for the smeltery is cool. I wish GT had a bloomery made with similar materials which you would need to smelt any Metal at the beggining :D (Or at least Iron, because I can assume Copper and Tin can be smelted in the basic furnace).

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Yeah, but what I said is that I hate thing generating ressources without you doing anything, aka Quarries (miner doesn't count as it need to be dismantled so often that it's almost not worth mining by hand ^^), Bees (once you get a proper automated system and once you breeded them all), Forestry Farms ... apart from that are also things I find UNbalanced compared to some other mods (as an example, ExtraBees&Trees isn't OP to me, but ruin my fun because it keep generating stuff without your intervention, while Myscraft, Forestry, TiC or CC are OP because they provide solution that are way cheaper than other the way you have with other mods, and so make them useless (which is sad when I prefer the other mod ^^): Enchants from TiC, Forestry way of making energy that is clearly OP, CC turtles ...)

But the Gravel/Clay thingy for the smeltery is cool. I wish GT had a bloomery made with similar materials which you would need to smelt any Metal at the beggining :D (Or at least Iron, because I can assume Copper and Tin can be smelted in the basic furnace).

Yep, almost agree. :)

Greg - Tech should make something really cool for smelting.
    I have some suggestions about it, so, write it in proper category :D

• Official Post

What's wrong eith TiC?

1) You need to collect bunch of Gravel, Sand and Clay for making smeltery. Without it, you aren't enable to make cool things.

Gravel, Sand and Clay are realistic for that, but they are extremly easy to get, unless you are new on a 1.6 Server, where people have already stolen all the Clay 2km around Spawn.

I using TiC only for Hammers, Excavators and because it have Lumber Axe. TreeCapitator and things like that can look OP, but... Sorry, if you chop down tree in real, all tree go down ;) :D

All Trees are falling, but they dont usually fall cut into pieces of 1m³. You would have to chop the Tree laying on the ground to actually get the Logs.

• Gravel, Sand and Clay are realistic for that, but they are extremly easy to get, unless you are new on a 1.6 Server, where people have already stolen all the Clay 2km around Spawn.

All Trees are falling, but they dont usually fall cut into pieces of 1m³. You would have to chop the Tree laying on the ground to actually get the Logs.

You are right. Better to chop it for falling down. But, it can be more laggy. And it even for normal trees. I'm like i can handle 60 mods on my PC :D

And, if your read this. You can make something like... (IDK how it say in EN :D :D).. That high industrial Furnace which have higher temperature then normal, because there is slug or how call it and make for that some abilities like for making Bronze at start of game or something based by that. I just want another GIANT structure like Fusin Reactor, but to Height, no Width :D

Also, as I see what you want to add, I'm TOTALLY impressed. I can't wait for anti Matter, dimension, mobs. Well, have few expanding ideas for that, so, write it in proper category as soon as I'll be able to configure exactly that, what i want to tell. No like now... Writing non - usable words :D

Edited once, last by CastielAngelow ().