• GregoriusT, Player, and Thunderdark.

Technically, SirusKing is in the IC2 Team but he's just spriting.

• GregoriusT, Player, and Thunderdark.

Technically, SirusKing is in the IC2 Team but he's just spriting.

"just" spriting... It's funny :) It's important too make textures look cooler, because you probably NEVER try mod which look noobish :D

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• "just" spriting... It's funny :) It's important too make textures look cooler, because you probably NEVER try mod which look noobish :D

You know, many people complain about GregTech having horrible textures.

• Official Post

You know, many people complain about GregTech having horrible textures.

In my opinion greg should make sirus his spriter, they are now part of the IC² team, so why not. :P
    I really wouldn't mind having some textures that tell me what a machine is, because i still mistake the wiremill with the assembly machine... (they have the same texture)

Also, since IC² is going to the high definition way (32x textures), why GT wouldn't?

• Gotta love it when you get to call 32 pixel textures "high definition", eh? :D

I've always considered 32-64pix to be the sweetspot for Minecraft's engine. Anything above it has a severe tendency to become too busy and high-frequency (of course, if you're doing cell graphics like Sphax, you can go higher without running into issues, but not everyone likes that look, and the advantage of high resolution is limited in that graphics style to begin with). With better texture filtering and potentially even fullscreen supersampling coming in 1.7, that number will likely move up a tier.

There always remain these people that purport that great gameplay doesn't need great graphics. But I say: why not combine great gameplay with great graphics? :P As such, I'm glad that IC2 is stepping up the native resolution. More pixels always leave more room to screw up and miss the "look and feel" of Minecraft, as some HD texture packs have shown that for all their resolution fail to look good in the world... but from what I've seen, Sirus seems to know what he's doing, so more power to him.

• Who said than Greg - Tech don't working on textures?
    I'm pretty sure here already is someone who make textures newer wtih more resolution ;)

But, as you kno, greg want it lag free, thats reason why textures are still 16x, but... 32x shouldn't be so worse for blocks ;)

But, it's needed to ask him personally, maybe he answer here by yourself :)

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

Edited once, last by CastielAngelow ().

• Who said than Greg - Tech don't working on textures?
    I'm pretty sure here already is someone who make textures newer wtih more resolution

But, as you kno, greg want it lag free, thats reason why textures are still 16x, but... 32x shouldn't be so worse for blocks

But, it's needed to ask him personally, maybe he answer here by yourself

Greg has a terrible computer that has around 30 FPS even on vanilla Minecraft, so even 32x probably wouldn't work for him.

However, there are some textures that are great in 16x.

• Official Post

Also, since IC² is going to the high definition way (32x textures), why GT wouldn't?

Greg doesn't like 32x textures anyway :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Right now its just me, Player and Thunderdark. Everyone else (such as Alblaka and RichardG) is inactive.

I am deeply offended #sarcasm

• I don't know if he's okay with that, but i need to say I'm one who making new textures for him. I have personal permissions and he is okay with me using 512x GUI's textures.
    I need to say: "Sorry Greg if I shouldn't say that ;)

First i need complete it, send it Greg and after it, if he agree with it, you'll be able to see it in - game :)

I'm crossing my fingers :) :)

Edited once, last by CastielAngelow ().