Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• So they are rebooting Stargate. As a movie triology. Done by the director that made the 1994 Stargate movie who thinks his movie is better than SG1 and somehow made a movie about cowboys and aliens that sucked. What else could they do wrong?

• Starting work on making a simple thermometer for the reactors that emits a redstone signal when the reactor is at a certain temp. hopefully a 1-block mod. I have experience with Java. I do not have experience with forge or minecraft code. This will be interesting.

• Just a tip Scott, when your coding, remember that you have to be extremely specific for what you want the program to do and how to do it.

• For guitarists, smoke over water
    For pianists, chopsticks

For modding minecraft...the multicolored block

• I have found magic coal in Factorio. Means infinite coal if you try mining it :D

Images

• Magic Coal.PNG

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• the following fits because i am making a mod out of 'boredom'

how would one go about
    A)checking to see if a block adjacent from "block_X" is a reactor(or chamber)...and
    B)make a proper call requesting the heat of the reactor hull?

I've wracked my brain on this for a while but so far have been unfruitful.

• I still am learning Python.

I'm kinda resisting the need to learn Python due to my ArcGIS stuff. But if I do hopefully land a job with a surveying group, I know I'm going to have to learn it anyway, lol...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I'm kinda resisting the need to learn Python due to my ArcGIS stuff. But if I do hopefully land a job with a surveying group, I know I'm going to have to learn it anyway, lol...

Are you planning on working for the USGS then? I had an uncle who worked as a surveyor for the majority of his career, I always thought that it was crazy how he would update the markers and such even in the most desolate places

• A few weeks ago....
    -In the school library, coding my game's save function-
    Me: I can't figure out what the error is... -scrolls down-
    Friend: It looks fine to me....
    Me: Huh.... -scrolls down more-
    Me: Ahah!
    Friend: what is it?
    Me: ..... "player_Health_Saved=...."
    Friend: Yeah?
    Me:..."(str(player_Health_Saved))." -facepalms-
    Both: -laughing our asses off-

The little things are the ones that get you.

• I wonder whether the weather will be sorry about it :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Whether or not the weather is sorry is altogether irrelevant, since clouds are not clever and thus have no sentience whatsoever. However, If you are the professor to a zephyr, you may want to say they do anyway, so you don't appear as the aggressor and cause the clever zephyr any displeasure (even if they are lesser :p ).