Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Been trying that, almost all of the videos I find are for installing mods. (The mod I'm trying to create will have a steam based energy system. So far I got 9 unobtainable, textureless blocks that crash when right clicked.)

• If I can get through this, Prime's next, why did I think reviewing Dark of the Moon would be a good idea...
    For anyone who cares, Revenge of the Fallen is live...

• Official Post

SpwnX http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOevHnu6lzJqFNa1swefIQ <--- Pahimar Youtube Channel with new Forge tutorial videos

I see, i saw one episode of "lets mod with pahimar!". I just have to learn java first, if i ever have the will to make a mod.

• Launch 2 days ago a IC2 development marathon until now 15h work / 3 new builds
    coming days BUG crushing and add now stuff (more bugs)

must go on with 1.7. build

• Thunderdark can see all the code for IC2,
    but can he see why kids like the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

• Official Post

Updated Nvidia driver to latest version, wierd slow motion and flickering bugs in games. Decide to go back to a slightly older version to see if it works, clicks the "roll back to previous driver" in the windows device manager. Crashes half way through uninstalling old version, and my graphics card completely breaks. Open it up, and something while uninstalling caused it to completely break, as pluging it out then in again only gives an "Error, No graphics card detected" message.
    Wulp, no PC for a week while it's in maintenance :(

• SirusKing: Interesting chain of events for that to happen, GG

Also:

• Official Post

Apparently, since the graphics card was completely fried they took it out and I got a new one for them to install, so It will be finished by tommorow :p
    According to them, rolling it back had made my computer no longer recognize it as a valid GPU so switched to the default one and permanently wiped all software available while the card was still running. With no software on the computer, the temperature wasn't regulated so the card switched the fan off while still having a ton to do, so it overheated within a minute.

• To be honest that sounds REALLY suspicious. Every single thermal regulation thingy I've seen and/or used in PCs has defaulted to maximum cooling. Having something stop all cooling due to missing OS-level software should be literally physically impossible.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had no idea why the card stopped working and just made up a random fairy tale on the spot. It wouldn't be the first time I hear things like that happening :)

• Official Post

I had a look at the card myself after they cracked it open and took the casing off, and some of the intergrated circuits were pretty fucked up. Several others on the NVidia forums had the same problem after rolling back or uninstalling drivers.
    I trust him since the "maintenance crew" is my uncle and one of his work buddies, and I didn't actually pay them :P

• Its done, its finally done. I don't have to watch Dark of the moon ever again (unless I decide to make the review a video review... ;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(
    If anyone has any ideas for a review, I'm all ears. Otherwise the next review will be Kickassia

• Its done, its finally done. I don't have to watch Dark of the moon ever again (unless I decide to make the review a video review... ;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(
    If anyone has any ideas for a review, I'm all ears. Otherwise the next review will be Kickassia

Have you sitting there for a good 30 seconds glaring into the camera, then just get up shouting 'NO!' and walk off camera?

• Have you sitting there for a good 30 seconds glaring into the camera, then just get up shouting 'NO!' and walk off camera?

No, because I can't make videos yet as I don't have a good camera (my only camera that isn't inbuilt into another device is 4.1 mega pixels...)

• so i went ahead and set up the newest IC2 version...and i like the Stirling engine and liquid heat exchanger concept...but the liquid heat exchanger takes the first lava cell along with any others added and 'eats' the rest without refilling until the first cell is consumed, and doesn't accept universals full of lava.(WIP i guess). seems to work fine with hot coolant cells.
    the new radioisotope heat generator is a nice addition to the Stirling engine.
    plasma launcher looks ok...
    awesome animation on the pahoehoe, which converts to reinforced stone when dumped on the ground and left to cool...but won't be placed in a bucket...
    another method of making reinforced stone is :thumbup: when i figure out how it is supposed to work.
    when i went to try and make hot coolant...i couldn't find anything that worked.
    fluid heat generator accepts no liquids, heat, eu...wip or i'll figure it out later.

looks like this will be interesting once it is all worked out.

• No, because I can't make videos yet as I don't have a good camera (my only camera that isn't inbuilt into another device is 4.1 mega pixels...)

MP is the last thing to look at when you try to figure out how good a camera is for taking videos. Vast majority of cams are 2MP, the highest of the high-end professional cams have gone all the way to 18MP being almost good enough for filming imax directly and are WAY above 4k. For 1080p a decent 2MP camera is more than enough.

Problem is, vast majority of cheap cameras have lousy lenses and sensors with tiny physical area. While lens often aren't too important the area of the sensor is by far #1 importance.

• Official Post

Yay, new textures to do, which hopefully someone will add... *hint hint*

• Official Post

To the FTB Wiki? Yes there are. I need to get around to that :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

No, I have had a stock pile of textures for about 4 months neither Greg, player nor thunderdark have added even though I have given it to them several times :p