Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• While I haven't got screenshots yet, I am coming up to a point with this new map where a alpha version could be released soon. For those who are unaware, I am working on a Metroidvania Parkour map using mods. I intend to get a version out before October 3rd (due to Smash 4...) which will have a tutorial world for basic Parkour (for those who have never played a Parkour map, let alone one with mods) and then a level based on the first item pickup, the Hookshot.

• Official Post

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Woof!

The level of OPness on Forgecraft exceeds 9000, since apparently a UU ocean age isn't enough, a destabilised redstone age is needed to power it. Can't imagine how many hours Player's cried over it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Chocohead: How do they turn molten redstone into EU?

Not sure, but I think they're just generating RF, and using some method to convert it. Unless you can fuel Railcraft steam boilers with it (which I don't think you can).

I see this too much.

• Even if you don't code, you can probably guess what I did wrong here xD

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Even if you don't code, you can probably guess what I did wrong here xD

My guess (based on VB knowledge) is that you're currently calling for events that don't exist yet in your code.

EDIT: Scratch that, you're calling for Baubles interaction when Natura is installed. Well done...

• Official Post

Even if you don't code, you can probably guess what I did wrong here xD

Okay I gonna shoot you for that piece of Code, not because of the small derpup on the Natura thing, but for every usage of the word "if" in it. Also I gonna shoot you for every "else" you made in this Code Block. Edit: Oh and also for every Bracket inside the Main Block too. I think I should use a Machine Gun for that.

You know how to do it properly? properly is like this:

Code
    baubles = Loader.isModLoaded("Baubles");
    natura = Loader.isModLoaded("Natura");
    frails = Loader.isModLoaded("floatingrails");

And you made 5 Lines of Code where only one was needed and that 3 times in a row.

• Ok, you probably have a good point xD

But, that means in the future it'll look like this:

Code
    natura = IEConfig.naturaSupport == false ? Loader.isModLoaded("Natura") : false

Which is is eh, since I'd rather not use a ternary thingy when I don't have to (it's not very pretty to look at).

There still is another way to simplify this though, and just for you, I'll do that :P

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

Boom, headshot. Do not use the terniary operator if the outputs are true and false.

natura = (IEConfig.naturaSupport && Loader.isModLoaded("Natura"));

The && Operator stops executing Code once the first condition is false, since the outcome would always be false anyways. Those Operators are all optimized in that way. The || Operator stops executing Code once the first condition is true since it would be true in the end anyways.

While the Terniary Operator has those optimizations too it is very hard to read the Code if you use it for booleans.

• Wow. So that Boni guy becomes lead TiCon developer, and 2 days later 90% of the bugs are fixed, and all the half-inplemented features are finished. I don't think anybody's gonna miss mDiyo ^^

Still waitin on Tinkers Gregworks though :D

Now you see me, now you don't...

• If thats true then I might try getting the two to work again.

As a side note, any ideas?