Posts by MauveCloud

iirc, the GT5u api doesn't provide a way to remove recipes, so the Minetweaker wiki page is inaccurate/outdated in that regard. The proper way to remove a recipe is via the config files (by setting the time to 0 there, and your new recipe will need to have a different time in the MT script to show up as a separate line in the config)

just a quick question, is it possible to run gt6 and gt5u concurrently without a complete overhaul for either mod?

I had the idea just now when I was thinking about my current mod loadout.

I just tried that as an experiment (using 5.09.31 and 6.05.48), and without any changes, Forge stops me with an error message saying "You have mod sources that are duplicate within your system" (because both mods use "gregtech" as the mod id, though iirc GT6 includes a secondary mod in the same jar with id "gregapi"). Even if you were to change the mod id for one or both of them, they both do so much to world generation that I think you'd still have serious problems, and need to do something along the lines of a "complete overhaul" for one or both mods.

Isnt it already integrated in GT5U and therefore wouldn't need an 1.10.2 Update? And GT6 does have it integrated too, but GT6 is never gonna be 1.10.2. :P

That gets complicated. There's a branch of GT5u that was for 1.10.2, but was never fully stabilized to a "playable" state, and now it's undergoing a rewrite targeted to 1.12. GT 5.10.x (or possibly 5.11.x, idk what they'll do with the version numbering) will probably add Galacticraft support once GC is available for that version of Minecraft, without needing a cross-compatibility mod like this one.

Code
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 130
        at gregtech.common.blocks.GT_Block_Casings6.func_149691_a(GT_Block_Casings6.java:59)

That class seems to only exist in GTNH's fork of GT5u (which I have not played, but I found it on GitHub), and the block is "Hermetic Casing", with an optional roman numeral after it, but that line is checking for an icon based on metadata that is normally supposed to only go up to 15. I have no idea how it could be 130 there, as that would correspond to "Hermetic Casing CXXX", which doesn't exist.

If I'm reading your crashlog correctly, it's a block in your hotbar (though I can't tell which slot). I'm not familiar with MCEdit myself, but it might be possible to use that to remove the corrupted Hermetic Casing from your hotbar.

The cycle time part is a little out of date - that now varies depending on what rod types you have in the reactor - MOX rods last 10,000 seconds, Uranium rods last 20,000 seconds, and iirc Thorium rods (GregTech) last 50,000 seconds.

A Mark II must complete at least one full cycle before encountering heat problems.

Based on that, I have to disagree with your assessment of it being a Mk II.

You couldn't fit a square metre cover around the back of a pipe you couldn't get a wrench around, so if anything it's closer to how real pipes work like it is now :P

Somewhat late reply here, but I'm running into this now trying out the PR that makes GT5u pipes and cables behave more like they do in GT6 (i.e. requiring the use of a wrench to add connections).

One problem with your logic Chocohead: the new hitboxes are more of a problem on small (and presumably tiny) pipes than they are on large pipes.

I have one ask about circuits - how the heck I can create exquisite emereald or olivine. Normally its only available through sifter, there are other ways of enhancing crystals / dust, maybe mod, custom crafting recipe or something? Without that I'll be locked at ZPM voltage.

AFAIK, sifter or luck with small ores are normally the only ways to get exquisite gems. Personally, I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to add some GTTweaker recipes to upgrade gems via the implosion compressor (or possibly make them from gem blocks). However, I notice in NEI that once you've made one Crystal Processing Unit from an exquisite emerald or olivine, you can shapelessly craft it into 9 raw crystal chips, and process those into more Crystal Processing Units instead of having to obtain more exquisite emeralds/olvine.

You can do this exactly with Extracells.

You code a machine/processing pattern with the exact amount of fluid in a container. Openblock tanks can do, Large Steel/TungstenSteel GT cells can do, and GT++ offers you 144L exact cells.

Then place your pattern into a fluid export bus to your GT Machine.

It will export the exact amount of fluid and items to craft using fluid on-demand.

Fluid export bus? That does not have pattern slots. Perhaps you mean the fluid interface? Extra Cells 2 documentation does not make it clear that it can do that, but I tried placing one in creative mode, and it does have pattern slots, so I'm willing to believe it can do what you describe. I did not see the 144L cells in the documentation for GT++. However, I crafted a Network Tool and found that an AE2 network includes a passive power consumption of 1 AE/t per interface (and autocrafting GregTech items/blocks ends up requiring a lot of interfaces because there are so many different machines), so I think I'll try playing without AE2 this time around.

Here's the list of mods I'm planning to use now (aside from required library mods, which are not listed), just in case anyone wants to suggest amendments:

Edit: interesting side effect I discovered of having TF installed - it (or possibly CoFHCore) seems to have disabled the vanilla iron shears, so with TF tools disabled, it looks like the only shears I can craft are the Railcraft steel shears. This might be deceptive, though, since the wooden fishing rod no longer shows up in NEI, but I can still craft one.

Let me see if I can clarify a bit. Suppose I've got some Ethylene in ME fluid storage (from Extra Cells). What I'd like to be able to do is use small amounts of it (e.g. 144 L) in processing patterns that involve converting it to one type of plastic (polyethylene, PVC, PTFE, polystyrene, etc.) depending on what I need at the time. As far as I can tell, AE2 and extra cells do not offer me a way to do that. I think it's possible to set up an autocrafting pattern using cells of fluid, but I'd have to fill the cells manually in the fluid terminal, which somewhat defeats the purpose of having an autocrafting pattern, and I'd have to make larger batches of whichever type of plastic. I don't follow how a Thermal Dynamic servo would help with that.

First, it would be really helpful if the shopping list gave a count of each component used.

Originally it had a more detailed list, but others wanted a summarized list instead:

Please add a more summarized component list for easy comparison. While the current list is good for when you want to build the thing it makes it very hard to compare with other designs.
    Something like
    100 copper, 50 iron, 40 lead etc etc

Second, and admittedly this one probably isn't as useful, it would be nice if automation settings and initial reactor temp got saved in the export code.

I'm not sure those are worthwhile to add to the code. The code takes care of the grid, but a few extra numbers that can easily be copied separately, and are often just left as default?

Update: I did some oil drilling a few days ago. The first location had 40 L/cycle heavy oil, which I skipped, especially since heavy oil tends to take MV machines to process. The second location had 184 L/cycle light oil, which I thought was good, until I discovered that after I moved my oil drilling rig to the surface (for easier access), it cost me 55984 L refinery gas to get 64 more cells of light oil. My first thought was to look for a richer oil field, and my third drilling attempt got me 1 L/cycle oil, which definitely wasn't worth continuing. Then I looked at https://github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/1238 . It claims that the effective maximum with default configs is 312 L/cycle, which by my calculations would cost me about 28611 L refinery gas. Looking closer at the bug today, I see the amount per cycle is actually dependent on the multiblock voltage, which makes no sense to me, and will likely confuse anyone trying to tweak the config files for different balance. It looks like running the multiblock at LuV will give the expected range, and running it at MaxV (if anyone can come up with a powerful enough energy source for that) will give it 1.75x per cycle.

In the meantime, I've started setting up kinetic wind generators until I can build a pyrolyse oven and distillation tower for methane production (carrots -> bio chaff -> fermented biomass -> methane).

Further update: the wind generators aren't as reliable or as powerful as I thought (and I hadn't taken into consideration that the distillation tower requires EV circuits), so I switched to using oilsands ore processed to light fuel, but now as I add more autocrafting toward making EV circuits, I see my light fuel reserves dwindling at an alarming pace even with none of my GT machines running (only my AE2 network), possibly due to having things spread out so I could connect separate kinetic wind generators. I could try to rearrange things, but I have some other regrets that make me wonder whether I should start from scratch instead (I might add Biomes O Plenty, and swap out Ender IO for Thermal Expansion, but with most blocks except for the aqueous accumulator disabled):

1. I disabled AE2 certus quartz worldgen.

2. I disabled AE2 channels.

3. I've got a lot of Forestry butterflies around - they're not causing performance issues that I can notice, but they've finally gone from "pretty" to "annoying", and idk if it's safe to just switch off the lepidoptery module mid-game.

Also, does anyone have tips for setting up autocrafting involving fluids? (i.e. send X amount of fluid to a given machine and get Y amount out) Can that only be done by filling one or more cells via the Extra Cells fluid terminal and using fluid canners (to allow auto input/output of empty cells) and possibly a subnet?

I'm not sure why you tried to use a hopper with an output hatch. You can put the bucket in manually (after opening the output hatch gui) and the water should go into the ore washing plant (provided the output hatch has been wrenched to point towards the ore washer). Alternatively, since you seem to have a BuildCraft tank there, you could use a buildcraft wooden pipe with a redstone engine and lever to get it into buildcraft pipes and use those to get the water into the machine (though personally I think you might be better off using a buildcraft pump than trying to use buckets). If you specify what mods are in the modpack (or at least the name of the modpack, so I can try to find its modlist), I might be able to offer additional options for getting water into the machine.

AFAIK, IC2 does not add greenhouses. Looking at the fully-qualified classname in that warning message, I think the greenhouse that's giving you trouble is from the Calculator mod, although there could be some inter-mod conflict occuring because you're powering it via IC2 energy.