IC2 Experimental Reactor Planner

• Hey MauveCloud. Just getting into IC2 reactors on Infinity Evolved and I tried to download your planner, but it's just sending me to an xml. Only thing I can seem to download is the source code and not the .jar. All releases, even if I try to right click and save link just bring up 3kb xml file with a junk name. Is this a problem on githubs end?

• Hey MauveCloud. Just getting into IC2 reactors on Infinity Evolved and I tried to download your planner, but it's just sending me to an xml. Only thing I can seem to download is the source code and not the .jar. All releases, even if I try to right click and save link just bring up 3kb xml file with a junk name. Is this a problem on githubs end?

Not as far as I can tell, or maybe it was briefly and they fixed it before I got to it. I just tried, and the latest release downloaded fine for me. What browser are you using, and do you have a different one installed you could try with (just in case that is somehow interfering)? Technically it could also be an ISP issue, but I don't know what you could do about it if that's the case.

• Amazing tool, I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. I do have two suggestions though. First, it would be really helpful if the shopping list gave a count of each component used. Second, and admittedly this one probably isn't as useful, it would be nice if automation settings and initial reactor temp got saved in the export code.

• First, it would be really helpful if the shopping list gave a count of each component used.

Originally it had a more detailed list, but others wanted a summarized list instead:

Please add a more summarized component list for easy comparison. While the current list is good for when you want to build the thing it makes it very hard to compare with other designs.
    Something like
    100 copper, 50 iron, 40 lead etc etc

Second, and admittedly this one probably isn't as useful, it would be nice if automation settings and initial reactor temp got saved in the export code.

I'm not sure those are worthwhile to add to the code. The code takes care of the grid, but a few extra numbers that can easily be copied separately, and are often just left as default?

• Why not show both an itemized list of materials AND a list of components? Saves the user the trouble of counting each heat vent.

I save reactor designs by planner code, so having the additional parameters get baked in saves me bookkeeping. I did say it probably wasn't that useful XD.

• Hey MauveCloud,

I am having trouble understanding some of the nuclear design math, been research your code and its somewhat helpful yet there is lots of stuff where i don't understand where to look. Can you please take a look at my topic and help me with some of the math?

Nuclear Math Questions

I like your planner, but its not displaying enough information for me to understand what I should place.

I also know a java, and maybe if i could figure out the math and how you set up your code I can make a feature for your planner that helps people like me with the greater details. Like adding more info on highlighted components.

• What extra info do you need that it doesn't already provide? Also, there are some finicky details that make it impractical to try to calculate everything ahead of time instead of simulating things to find out how well a design works. For example, if the heat generated by a component doesn't divide evenly into integers for the number of adjacent heat-absorbing components, one of them will get a little extra. Then there are the heat exchangers. I don't fully understand the technical details myself of how they work, so I had to get special permission to adapt from decompiled IC2 code.

• Hey thank for the reply, one thing that confuses me is yea when it comes to siding.

For your responce of heat dispersement so far all my heat value i believe are even.

I also read this and having a hard time understanding

The heat generated by each pulse is, for unknown, quantum-physic-based (balance) reasons, dependant on the amount of coolant elements surrounding the Uranium Cell:

4 (fully surrounded): 1 heat @ each element

3 : 2 heat @ each Element

2 : 4 heat @ each Element

ok now practical math, this is based of a planner on my phone

3 uranium single sells side by side in a row is said to be only 36 heat.

i found a calculation from your code about one single uranium heat based of neighbors and it said the 2 uranium cells on the outside should generate 12 heat, while the one in the middle should generate 36 heat totaling 50 heat.

what am i doing wrong.

• Official Post

3 rods in a line would produce 48 heat:

• Left pulses itself and the middle => (1 + 2) * 4 = 12 Heat
    • Middle pulses itself, left then right => (1 + 2 + 3) * 4 = 24 Heat
    • Right pulses itself and the middle =>(1 + 2) * 4 = 12 Heat

12 + 24 + 12 = 48 Heat total

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Middle pulses itself, left then right => (1 + 2 + 3) * 4 = 24 Heat

I just dont understand why 2 and 3, would they not be both 3 for 3 pulses each for neighbors?

Ok maybe a pulse is like amount of hops between cells like connecting to a site or another computer on a local network, requires hops on the network to get to destination device?

• Official Post

Uranium doesn't scale linearly by its neighbours, each time it is pulsed the effect increases by 4. Thus the first pulse will be 4, the first neighbour will be 8, the next neighbour 12 and so on. It should be noted dual and quad rods are the equivalent to having 1 and 2 neighbours to start with respectively, thus the maximum a heat a rod could output is 112 (3 pulses being a quad rod, then 4 from all neighbours).

A pulse itself is more of an internal concept to the way reactors tick, practically speaking it is just the number of rods effectively touching the one in question + 1.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Ok so i am getting the concept now a little better, but to clarify ill try to do the dual rod 3 rod linear calculation

left => (1+2+3+4)*4

center => (1+2+3+4+5+6)*4

right => same as left

Edited 2 times, last by clowcadia: better understanding ().

• i feel like a slow learner, just difficult to make sense of all these numbers.

maybe this can help me, how does this from the planner code source apply to the calculation you taught me for a single uranium rod

Code
    int pulses = countNeutronNeighbors() + 1;
    int heat = 2 * pulses * (pulses + 1);
    • Official Post

Having gone back over what I said you are indeed right, I did miss a step for dual and quad rods. They double and quadruple the calculation result from doing it twice/four times in game, hence where the names come from :| So what you worked out for the 3 dual rods is right if you double all the numbers (ie 176 in total instead of 88), as is the max heat 4x smaller than what it should be (448). The numbers certainly sound more logical when done right.

I see this too much.

• Wow, I am slow.

So thank you for your support.

I figured it out by comparing all formulas. The wiki is missing equations for dual and quad, but MauveCloud application source code freaking just kicked in my mind. I don't know why it did not make sense but his math is simple.

Single uranium cell

Code
    int pulses = countNeutronNeighbors() + 1;
    int heat = 2 * pulses * (pulses + 1);

Duo uranium cell

Code
    int pulses = countNeutronNeighbors() + 2;
    int heat = 4 * pulses * (pulses + 1);

And quad

Code
    int pulses = countNeutronNeighbors() + 3;
    int heat = 8 * pulses * (pulses + 1);

I guess my issue is not understanding why he used 2 for single as a base rather then 4 when they say one uranium cell produces 4 on its own. Now doing the single cell math i get that it adds up. I wanted to write a topic after figuring this out, but now i feel like its litterally right under everyonce nose.

Maybe I should since other tutorials seam to miss the basic stuff, and just blabber their detailed theory with no background ro sufficient background.