[Addon][1.6.4][IC2 Experimental] IC2Stuff

• [Addon][1.6.4][IC2 Experimental] IC2Stuff

This mod adds an Industrial Workbench which combines the concept of a project table with dedicated tool slots for the forge hammer and cutters. It also adds the Energy Mallet, Laser Cutter, and Heat Gun portable electric tools which are rechargeable version of the Forge Hammer, Cutter, and a portable smelting device. The workbench will also recharge tools in its tool slots if power is applied to it. A new Seed Storage Unit is included also, allowing the storage of up to 125 seed bags and it will scan the seed when it has enough power. It also contains a wireless Luminator recharging and controlling device. In order to keep this post clean, I've posted details about how each block or item functions on this here.

[Screenshots]

[Changelog]

* Electric Engine now supports different maximum EU and conversion rates for each tier
    * Added many configuration options for the Electric Engine
    * Tweaked the engine renderer to attempt to fix rendering glitches
    * Relocked the memory crystal slot of the Industrial Workbench
    * Fixed packet handler glitch which broke some items on stand-alone servers.
    * Fixed an issue with machines that use the FlexibleSlot which could cause crashes.

* Fixed critical bug which caused the Lava Battery to crash server-only processes when used.
    * Other minor bug fixes.

* Electric Engine's hardness value corrected to prevent accidental breakage

* This build contains major changes but should be backwards compatible, however, it is recommended that you remove all items from IC2Stuff blocks before upgrading.

* Electric Engine added, allows a variable amount of EU to be converted to MJ
    * Luminator Controller added, allows WIRELESS EU transfer and control of up to 36 Luminators
    * Link Descriptor added, hold and right click on a block to link to it.
    * Range Upgrade added, increases the range of a Luminator Controller by 4 blocks per upgrade.
    * Fixed a bug in the industrial workbench that could sometimes cause items to be placed in the memory crystal slot
    * Version numbers will now reflect the build number

* Full NEI support in workbench and assembler
    * Seed Storage Unit now displays scan progress
    * Removed Sliding Door experimental block to prevent id conflict
    * Fixed multiple bugs with crystal memory
    * Fixed duplication bug with the workbench

* Added Crystal Memory support for the Industrial Workbench

* Expanded Industrial Workbench inventory slots to 18
    * Fix many duplication and potential item loss bugs
    * Industrial Workbench and Electric Assembler should now
    correctly handle most all tools used in crafting.
    * Added entity update throttling to blocks to reduce the
    processing time consumed by each.

* Added Electric Assembler
    * Tools now show energy levels on icons
    * Blocks now have basic buildcraft/hopper support
    * Machines events reworked to reduce lag

* Added Sawmill
    * Rewrote the back-end code for the Seed Storage Unit
    * Seed Storage Unit and Sawmill now support Hoppers
    * Seed Storage Unit will only allow Hoppers to pull seed
    bags out that have been fully scanned.

1.3.0a
    * Added Lava Battery
    * Fixed a bug that could cause the Industrial Workbench to crash when
    the output slot was clicked.

1.2.0a
    * Added Seed Storage Unit
    * Industrial Workbench now only consumes EU when charging items
    * Added more configuration file options
    * Fixed issue with certain icons not loading properly
    * Fixed a duplication bug when stacks combine on double-click

1.1.0a
    * Added Laser Cutter
    * Added Heat Gun
    * Added Energy Mallet
    * Added many configuration settings
    * Industrial Workbench now properly checks for sub item types
    * Industrial Workbench now accepts power and charges tools in tool slots
    * No API are included in the mod archive starting with this version

1.0.0a
    * Industrial Workbench added

[Downloads]

1.9.17 - MC 1.6.4

[Bugs/Issues]

Please submit any bugs or issues that you discover here so that I can track them.

[Modpacks]
    This mod uses the IC2 API and NEI API. Keeping that in mind, feel free to include this mod in any mod packs that you would otherwise be allowed to include both of them mods with.

[Feedback]
    Give me feedback below! If you think something could be added or improved on, please let me know!

• Official Post

Moved, but since you started the thread here again do you want me to delete the first?

• Official Post

Well, then, i'm closing the one in the addon section, as this has not been approved by alblaka and will keep as an pending addon for an indefinite time, unless all present ic devs agree on the decision. (please include me)

Edit : Ah, those two similar threads are confusing me.

Edit2 : I'm closing this one.

Edit3 : Blame sirus for reverting the order, whatever, i don't care.

• To continue on the discussion about including /ic2/api folders from the previous thread, it is not necessary to do that at all. Greg's method is to use a try/catch block for that, so he can have compatibility for certain other mods like Thermal Expansion and Railcraft. In fact, TE's author King Lemming also insists on people NOT including his api folder in his mod download.

EDIT: SpwnX, wait what?

Just sirus reverting the order of what i did, idc about it.
    Finished the job, now the second thread is GONE for GOOD! ~SpwnX

• Official Post

Loving this addon more and more, finally my seeds can once again be somewhat automated

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Can you consider adding a config to disable the crafting of the Energy Mallet and Industrial Workbench, for those that use GregTech?

• Wonderful mod, if you ask me! Two questions:
    - Tools can be inserted via BC pipes?
    - I am not understood clearly: Workbench needs power for use crafting grid too, or only for charging tools?

And two suggestion:
    - I saw you use Forestry's Worktable-like GUI - what do you think about expanding your GUI to remember 8 recipes - as Worktable does? Maybe with adding a book into some slot?
    - And what about a simpler version of this - put one tool into a slot, and automatically uses it on items I push into that. For example I insert a cutter and if I push tin plates via pipes, I can pull tin cables out. It should be similar like Automatic Crafting Table from... hmm... Buildcraft IIRC. I think it would be useful for e.g. Nuclear Reactor owners, because as I saw new recipes requires plates instead of ingots and I think they will be quickly tired hammering ingots...

• Can you consider adding a config to disable the crafting of the Energy Mallet and Industrial Workbench, for those that use GregTech?

There are config options under the Toggle section for each item and block to enable and disable them individually. I've attempted to keep each block and item as separate from each other as I could to ensure that the player or admins can pick and chose which to use without any issues. Most of the other properties for the items and blocks can be changed in the config file as well, such as EU usage.

Wonderful mod, if you ask me! Two questions:
    - Tools can be inserted via BC pipes?
    - I am not understood clearly: Workbench needs power for use crafting grid too, or only for charging tools?

I am looking into including BC support in the near future, though at first it will focus on the Seed Storage Unit and the Sawmill. I am still considering if I want to add automation elements to the workbench, since it was really built as an early game item.

The Industrial Workbench only uses power when it charges a tool in one of the 3 tool slots. It does not require any power to use the other features and it will not consume any power if it is not charging.

And two suggestion:
    - I saw you use Forestry's Worktable-like GUI - what do you think about expanding your GUI to remember 8 recipes - as Worktable does? Maybe with adding a book into some slot?
    - And what about a simpler version of this - put one tool into a slot, and automatically uses it on items I push into that. For example I insert a cutter and if I push tin plates via pipes, I can pull tin cables out. It should be similar like Automatic Crafting Table from... hmm... Buildcraft IIRC. I think it would be useful for e.g. Nuclear Reactor owners, because as I saw new recipes requires plates instead of ingots and I think they will be quickly tired hammering ingots...

I like the idea of storing recipes and it was a feature that the RP2 project table had as well(using plan items to save the recipe). I will be looking into doing something similar with the Workbench in future versions, perhaps with a memory disc.

I will likely also include an automatic crafting table of some sort, but i'm not sure how the mechanics will work at the moment. I don't want to make machines such as the Metal Former less attractive, so I want to make sure its balanced with the stock IC2 mod. (And for the Gregtech fans, there will be an option to disable it in the config file when it does get added)

• Official Post

I like the idea of storing recipes and it was a feature that the RP2 project table had as well(using plan items to save the recipe). I will be looking into doing something similar with the Workbench in future versions, perhaps with a memory disc.

Well, IC² has memory crystals.

I will likely also include an automatic crafting table of some sort, but i'm not sure how the mechanics will work at the moment. I don't want to make machines such as the Metal Former less attractive, so I want to make sure its balanced with the stock IC2 mod. (And for the Gregtech fans, there will be an option to disable it in the config file when it does get added)

Autocrafting, if better than gregs for being able to recharge tools used in crafting, why not?

• I've added a basic autocrafting table called the Electric Assembler. It requires either an external block that pulls items from it(such as buildcraft pipes, hoppers, etc) in order to operate. Essentially, you put the recipe in the 9x9 slots and it will display the output. All the materials are placed in the bottom inventory slots and any material piped into the block are placed there as well. Tools that are in the 9x9 area will not be used, so you will have to supply a tool in a material slot for the machine to operate, but you can use the normal IC2 tool in the 9x9 and the electric version in the material slots. Any tools in the material slots will be recharged over time.

It is currently set to store 1000 EU and use 100 EU per craft (can be tweaked in the config file) and accepts up to 32 EU per tick. If there is a tool charging in a material slot, it will need atleast 11 EU to charge both the tool and the assembler.

I will be adding more options to the assembler(possibly as upgrades) in future versions...

• I truly love this mod, but I wish the inventory of the workbench had 18 slots instead of nine, so I could use this over using the Project Bench. The extra 9 slots in the Project Bench is the red line for me.

• I truly love this mod, but I wish the inventory of the workbench had 18 slots instead of nine, so I could use this over using the Project Bench. The extra 9 slots in the Project Bench is the red line for me.

This has actually been something that was becoming a priority for me as well due to still needing to swap items out more often that I would like. The latest (1.6.0) release increases the slot count to 18.

I've also fixed numerous issues surrounding the various tools from other mods (quartz knife from AE, saw from multipart, etc) that was in the previous release. Hopefully both the workbench and the assembler should now be able to detect just about any tool used from other mods and handle them according to how the mod developer chose to implement them.

• Sorry about that, it should be fixed in 1.8.0 which is now available. I've removed the test block that was the offender. I've also added a bit more information to the seed storage unit GUI (scan progress indicator) and fixed a few big duplication bugs. Additionally, this version adds in full support for NEI to the workbench and the assembler.

On a side note, I could really use some better textures for these blocks in case anyone is good with that sort of thing and feeling generous!

• Sorry about that, it should be fixed in 1.8.0 which is now available. I've removed the test block that was the offender. I've also added a bit more information to the seed storage unit GUI (scan progress indicator) and fixed a few big duplication bugs. Additionally, this version adds in full support for NEI to the workbench and the assembler.

On a side note, I could really use some better textures for these blocks in case anyone is good with that sort of thing and feeling generous!

I'll make some textures you, also your wiki page about the sawmill should give numbers and percents, as I personally find it helpful
    -Mortvana

• I'll make some textures you, also your wiki page about the sawmill should give numbers and percents, as I personally find it helpful
    -Mortvana

Good idea! I agree, the numbers do make the page more helpful when trying to decide what to do with different materials. I've added a table to it which lists the currently supported material as well as the secondary material and chance to obtain the secondary material. I will also be looking at possibly adding a way to add and remove recipes in future versions via the config file, so players can easily add in recipes for milling items from other mods.

Also, if there is anything I can do to assist with the textures just let me know! It is currently set up so that each side of the machine is a separate texture file located in assets/ic2stuff/textures/blocks and follows the format devicenameX.png where X is the number of the block's side.