[Itty bitty teeny weeny suggestion] Change default redstone behavior of induction furnace.

• Since hoppers are disabled by a redstone signal, it would be WAY more convenient if the default behavior of an induction furnace was to heat up, and redstone turned it off. Right now I have to turn off the switch on the furnace to get the items to flow, and then remember to turn it back on to keep the furnace running.

• This makes a lot of sense. I'd wager that the vast majority of people who use an indiction furnace prefer the always-on mode. Defaulting to that saves a block face that can be better put to use for other purposes, avoids passing the signal on to something that doesn't like it (like a hopper), and just feels all around more intuitive and consistent. After all, you don't have to give a regular furnace a redstone signal either.

And in the extremely rare case where someone doesn't like it always-on, they can still turn it off with a lever.

(And for what it's worth: the advanced machines addon that I use already has its machines default to always-on. That makes the induction furnace the only one in a row of four otherwise identically performing machines that still needs a special invitation to get its butt into gear.)

• While it would be convenient, I don't back this up because A. I use other forms of item transport to extract out of a Induction Furnace so I don't care about it needing a extra stick and cobblestone to make it run and B. It makes more sense for redstone to be on in order to keep machines on.

• But the thermal centrifuge doesn't even consume power when heating up... at least it didn't when I checked last (in the 230-240 build range. The heatup time felt purely there to make you wait longer.

Also, a GUI element would obviously be the best solution, but just flipping the default redstone behavior is significantly less work. Which I think is why the suggestion was made as it is. More chance to be considered if it doesn't require effort to implement.

• Switch in GUI will be nice. My opinion - it should be turned off by default, because you always may turn it on, however when you place it you will certainly know that it will not consume energy. It also should not remember it's state when machine is dismantled.

• Logicaly, Redstone -> Heat Up makes the most sense, but I agree, I use hoppers mostly and it's irritating that they shut off in the presence of redstone. To me a GUI setting makes sense, if it isn't too much work, something like "Maintain Heat" "Don't Maintain Heat" "Maintain Heat in the Presence of Redstone"