[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Electro-Magic Tools!

• Where's the download link?

Probably at his thread on Minecraftforums.
    But one link should be here aswell...

Oh my god. I forgot to add the download link here. Sorry for the derp ^^. I'm fixing it right now

EDIT: I can't seem to get the thread to work.. It deletes some stuff and messes up some spoilers...

• Electric Magic Tools is now updated to version 1.0.6! I also fixed the thread, everything should be good now!
    Enjoy, and give feedback :D!

• Ive got a little feedback :)

Using generators is pretty unbalanced, at least, using Potentia Generator for make EU.
    As far as I know, Potentia is gained from Redstone. If you put redstone on Arcane Furnace, you gained pretty much EU,
    but burn Redstone in machines gives you less, so id its not purpose, you could change it please to make less EU or make config for it, which I really apprechiate ?

Cross of all, AWESOME addon ! :3

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• Ive got a little feedback :)

Using generators is pretty unbalanced, at least, using Potentia Generator for make EU.
    As far as I know, Potentia is gained from Redstone. If you put redstone on Arcane Furnace, you gained pretty much EU,
    but burn Redstone in machines gives you less, so id its not purpose, you could change it please to make less EU or make config for it, which I really apprechiate ?

Cross of all, AWESOME addon ! :3

First of all, thanks a lot for giving me feedback! Very few people did that, and I really appreciate it!
    Now, to answer your concern about the balance of the Potentia Generators. As far as I know, you cannot use redstone to give energy to your machines in vanilla ic2. The possibility to use redstone as a power source for your machines comes from the translocators mod.
    Secondly, in vanilla ic2 there is no way to get power from redstone, and that's why I used coal as an example for the amount of energy you got from 1 unit of potentia. As it is today, you get 4k EU per coal, and you get about 3500 EU per unit of potentia. Since there are 2 potentia per coal, I am aware that the yield can be considered as a bit OP, but I wanted to make it worth the cost, especially for crafting the machine itslef, since it is a rela pain to make.

All in all, I will of course add a config option for the yield you get from all Essentia Generators, but the default value isn't getting changed any time soon.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!! :D

• First of all, thanks a lot for giving me feedback! Very few people did that, and I really appreciate it!
    Now, to answer your concern about the balance of the Potentia Generators. As far as I know, you cannot use redstone to give energy to your machines in vanilla ic2. The possibility to use redstone as a power source for your machines comes from the translocators mod.
    Secondly, in vanilla ic2 there is no way to get power from redstone, and that's why I used coal as an example for the amount of energy you got from 1 unit of potentia. As it is today, you get 4k EU per coal, and you get about 3500 EU per unit of potentia. Since there are 2 potentia per coal, I am aware that the yield can be considered as a bit OP, but I wanted to make it worth the cost, especially for crafting the machine itslef, since it is a rela pain to make.

All in all, I will of course add a config option for the yield you get from all Essentia Generators, but the default value isn't getting changed any time soon.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!! :D

No, you can get power from redstone (using it to directly power machines), unless that's been changed recently. It gave 300-800 EU, depending on which machine you placed it in.

• No, you can get power from redstone (using it to directly power machines), unless that's been changed recently. It gave 300-800 EU, depending on which machine you placed it in.

Oh. My bad. I really thought that came with translocators. Anyhew, I'll add that config setting :P

• Okay, I've got a couple of news to give you.
    First, I want to thank every single person who downloaded my mod, and got it to the state it is tomorrow.
    I have over 3000 downloads! (3042 at the moment I'm writing this : http://puu.sh/6SgEG.png)!

Secondly, I've got to inform you about something : I'm leaving tomorrow for a 10 days trip, until the 22nd, so I won't be able to work on the mod. I'm not sure either about the internet access :/
    Thanks again for your support!

• Supreme awesome. Totally gonna use your mod in my future 1.7 modpack (if you release 1.7 version). A small question: is it possible to use your tools in miner?

• Official Post

It should be. His drills are extending to itempickaxe, so it should work perfectly fine. Don't quote me on this though.

Oops :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Well, seems like I missed some action! Still not back, but I can finally answer!

Supreme awesome. Totally gonna use your mod in my future 1.7 modpack (if you release 1.7 version). A small question: is it possible to use your tools in miner?

I don't know, I never tried that. But in 1.0.7, I will add a config option (disabled by default) to make them worth being used in the arcane bore.
    And, I'm glad you liked it! :D

Looks cool just 1 question can I disable Mjolner and Supercharged Mjolner in the configs. They look a bit over powered.

Configs to disable researches are coming with 1.0.7. Thanks for the feedback :D

Wait, isn't it called "Mjölnyr" or "Mjölnir"? Mjolner is the Name of AnderZELs Horse.

It didn't compile if I used Mjölnir >.<. Wished it did though xD.

• Version 1.0.7 for Thaumcraft 4.1.0e is now... OUT!
    It doesn't add any new item/block, but the electric scribing tools now work, and there is a whole ton more config options.
    I also add the recipe for the diamond drill, since it is bugged for ic2 build 993!

I hope you enjoy it!

• I've got an announcement to make. Electric Magic Tools now has over 10 000 downloads! :D

That's amazing, thank you all very much! I would like you to answer to this strawpoll, to see what you would want to see next: http://strawpoll.me/1229049.

Thank you if you vote, that will help me greatly to see what you expect! :D