IC2 Crisis (Which is now over)

• Official Post

IC2 is dead. If the user cannot have it then it might as well be. Mojang have killed modding :(

It is like this right?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by Chocohead ().

• Official Post

WAAAAAAAAIT. IC2 Experimental is back up, have you changed your mind Player?

EDIT, looking at the post ([NEW] IC² Policy regarding ModPacks / Redistribution) which is now patched up, I guess he has. REJOICE PEOPLE! :thumbup:

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

It's all unfolding. There's going to be an international coverup.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

The end of IC2 came, then Player changed his mind again. So now it's all good :) And there are other stuff about Swedish MPs and Combine and Mojang going crazy/being hijacked/poor suggestions to explain things.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Changes to Minecraft's terms which meant IC2's code could be taken by Mojang and given to third parties without even telling him. It turned out it was just poor wording.

I see this too much.

• I really don't see anything that's a sign to the 'end of IC2' or the 'end of Minecraft Modding'..

I will say, however, we may encounter a race situation on copyrighted content and the defense of said content soon. Since we have so many mods doing the same thing, this is going to be a highly debated issue (one that may, in fact, implode the community), as far as saying "who should have credit for what" and "what content is considered 'original'?"

As far as that goes, I do believe we need to distance ourselves from Modpacks in general, as the resulting Copyright claims will create a new form of legal confusion. Plus, given the fact that neither Alblaka nor Eloraam are around to protect their individual works, making copyright claims on their behalf will be that much harder. I would guess, however, that such distance be used in order to preserve the integrity of this mod, so that violations of this matter don't get haphazardly raised by the uninformed and naive...

This is a good sign as far as getting a more official class of support for Minecraft modding in general, but it's going to hurt, legally, alot of people in the meantime. We'll just have to wait and see how this truly plays out...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

I really don't see anything that's a sign to the 'end of IC2'

Player cut every download link to IC2. Pretty sure that counted as an end. It was just over an hour later that he changed his mind. You had to be there basically.

I see this too much.

• "If you make any content available on or through our Game, you must give us permission to use, copy, modify and adapt that content. This permission must be irrevocable, and you must also let us permit other people to use, copy, modify and adapt your content. If you don‘t want to give us this permission, do not make content available on or through our Game"

That's the part which all the fuzz was about.

• "If you make any content available on or through our Game, you must give us permission to use, copy, modify and adapt that content. This permission must be irrevocable, and you must also let us permit other people to use, copy, modify and adapt your content. If you don‘t want to give us this permission, do not make content available on or through our Game"

That's the part which all the fuzz was about.

I see. I understand Mojang's point entirely in that regard, but in some respects, that is a tad bit overboard. Proprietary speaking, Mojang does have a final say on mods in terms of Minecraft (since they are, obviously, dependent on their product to work). But still, the community is still left to their own devices in order to create, design, and facilitate distribution of their works to the community.

I would like to see a Minecraft Workshop for mods that you can click and upload/download from in terms of how Mods are handled. Something akin to Steam's Workshop in terms of how custom content can be distributed per user as well. I doubt that Mojang will reach that level of sophistication, however...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

"If you make any content available on or through our Game, you must give us permission to use, copy, modify and adapt that content. This permission must be irrevocable, and you must also let us permit other people to use, copy, modify and adapt your content. If you don‘t want to give us this permission, do not make content available on or through our Game"

Wait? That rule is already in since a long time. Remember when Jeb added Pistons? I think that is exactly this Rule.

• Wait? That rule is already in since a long time. Remember when Jeb added Pistons? I think that is exactly this Rule.

Then i don't even know what the fuzz is about. Like that is exactly saying what Player was criticising.

• I'm watching this thread like it was a favorite television show. I haven't logged on in so long that I forgot my profile and had to start a new one . . . but it was worth it to stay on the pulse of what is perhaps my favorite mod.

• Official Post

Then i don't even know what the fuzz is about. Like that is exactly saying what Player was criticising.

Pretty sure it was something about third parties being able to get the code as well if Mojang wanted to give them it, without even consulting Player.

I see this too much.

• Theyre all gone! The three people that started major minecraft modding, albaka, spacetoad and eloraam have all left minecraft! Even the technic pack which caused the push for mod compatibility has been replaced by other modpacks. The end is near Im afraid.