A feature or a bug? IC2 + TE

• Today i noticed that my automated system got cloged up, i've checked the system, and i found that the Redstone Furnance from TE, instead of cooking Pulverized tin/copper/silver/lead dusts to TE ingots it cooks them to IC2 ingots.
    I have removed ic2 to check(in a clean instance with just IC2 and TE) , loaded up a test world and everything seems ok, it cooks the dusts to TE ingots, when ic2 is back its cooking them to IC2 ingots. I would just like to know if this is a feature or a possible bug(checked the ID's nothing is being overwritten).
    If its a feature is it possible to toggle it?, i like the TE ingot textures more than ic2 ones :D. Also i found nothing in IC2 or TE config files.
    If its a bug? in which mod bug tracker should i report the bug TE or IC2. I would also ask in the Cofh forums if they had one :D

I am using IC2 industrialcraft-2_2.0.336-experimental
    TE:
    CoFHCore-2.0.0.b11a
    RedstoneArsenal-1.0.0.b2
    ThermalExpansion-3.0.0.b11a

• If you can still use the metal to craft what you need, what difference does it make?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I am still confused, i made a recipe comparison showing whats wrong with all smelting recipes including tin/copper/silver/lead: LINK HERE (only tin is shown). And yes i dont give a *** that the tin/copper/silver/lead is different(i know i said i prefer the TE ingots), but some things might not be using Ore Dict(Diamond Pipe), and this could cause pipe/sorting systems to clog up, or even valuable resource bleeding out(mainly on servers).
    People would probably notice it and replace the filters to work properly, but this issue came out of nowhere(It was working properly before) and it could flip it self back(on an update) with people probably wont even noticing the change.

• It appears to be an overriding setting in the coth config. Everything in IC2 is properly Ore Registered to work with other mods. Now, if TE stuff is registered properly, then that's a question you'll have to pitch at them...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• If you can still use the metal to craft what you need, what difference does it make?

I was actually going to post regarding this.
    Is there any way it could be set up to where smelting tin/lead/copper can produce TE's ingots?
    (I also hope to ask them to add a feature to produce IC2 ingots in configs if this is possible)

I ask because I really like that configs from both mods can be set up to prevent ore generation and that
    either mod can use the ore that is left enabled, but figured I would ask (beg really)
    if ingots could be unified as well.

My opinion is that the difference it makes is that the ingots from each mod will not stack with the other, thus
    occupying more inventory space than is neccesary. Additionally, It's nice to be able to glance in one's inventory
    and immediately recognize (that's tin!) rather than (is that this mod's x ingot, or other mod's y ingot?)

Things do work currently, and there's no true harm, but some of us really appreciate when things are
    tidy and uniform. Obviously this would not be a priority request, but if at all possible please consider
    adding some sort of config option like: "custom tin ingot output: 'Item ID # here' "

• you need a mod that unifies outputs, and possibly to turn recipe overrides on in the TE configs. As best I can tell Gregtech is the only one up to date (doesn't give options for which type of ingot anymore though, so no TE ingots, but everything will be the same).

• Hmmm. I do prefer TE's ingot visually, but greatly appreciate your advice to unify things. Thanks!
    will have to look into this. anyone else know of mods that are capable of unifying outputs?

• Official Post

Wait why? What's wrong with IC2's copper?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Hardly see how that makes them much worse :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Wait why? What's wrong with IC2's copper?

I prefer the look of TE's copper ingot, and there's nothing 'wrong' with it per se-
    mostly I don't like that both mods can't stack with one another despite the fact that they are
    wonderfully interchangeable in recipes.

I also think the tin cable looks more consistent with the TE tin, and I wish the tin plates
    had a slight bluish hue. I believe that if IC2 2.0 got new textures for the ingots (and plates)
    the colors would be best if they were a happy medium between the current ones from both mods
    (but not so greenish lead, not as dark as TE's- more of a gunship gray with blue undertones)

• Official Post

I prefer copper and tin over any other mod which adds it. IC2's lead how ever is weedy and the wrong colour.

I see this too much.

• I prefer (IC2) copper and tin over any other mod which adds it.

The fact that our preferences are polar is mostly why I wanted to appeal to both parties to add
    the function to use one or the other in the first place, but I will need to settle for a workaround
    unless those to whom I make my appeal like the notion of adding such functionality and are willing.

Ofcourse you can still use the OreDict Unification Config to use other Mods Materials if you want,

Is this something users can do already? or do you mean what devs generally do?