[GregTech] Unable to Craft Macerator?

• Hey guys.

I'm desperately trying to craft myself a macerator, but the recipe is confusing me. FYI: I'm using Direwolf20 FTB 1.0.7, the newest Gregtech and IC2 build 336. I'm playing on the GT hard mode.

First of all, NEI doesn't show a recipe for the regular macerator when pressing R. I know the recipe so I tried crafting it, but that doesn't work. So, the only macerator I'll be able to make is the Universal macerator. So I got everything but the advanced circuits. The advanced circuits require either lapis dust or lazurite. The only way to get those is by macerating lapis, which I obviously can't do. So I'm stuck in a eternal loop: I need lazurite dust for a macerator, lazurite dust is made by the macerator which I want to make.

• I don't know much about the FTB pack, but here is some advice:

- Regular macerator is disabled, there is the automatic macerator to replace it. It's a GT machine which does exactly the same, and more.
    - Universal Macerator is not really an early game machine. (like any electricity using machine in GT)
    - Actually you are supposed to go through the bronze age, which included machines such as the Small Coal Boiler, the Steam Furnace, Squeezing Extractor and the Sturdy Grinder. Currently, NEI is a bit lacking in that department, but you can macerate Lapis in the Sturdy Grinder and hope for the best.

• I don't know much about the FTB pack, but here is some advice:

- Regular macerator is disabled, there is the automatic macerator to replace it. It's a GT machine which does exactly the same, and more.
    - Universal Macerator is not really an early game machine. (like any electricity using machine in GT)
    - Actually you are supposed to go through the bronze age, which included machines such as the Small Coal Boiler, the Steam Furnace, Squeezing Extractor and the Sturdy Grinder. Currently, NEI is a bit lacking in that department, but you can macerate Lapis in the Sturdy Grinder and hope for the best.

Whoops, I meant I wanted to craft the automatic macerator instead of universal. And for some reason, I've never heard of the 'bronze age', so I'm reading wiki pages now! But still, thanks!

• Official Post

Currently, NEI is a bit lacking in that department, but you can macerate Lapis in the Sturdy Grinder and hope for the best.

Wrong. NEI gives recipes for things and uses. NEI's lack of info on what the bronze machines actually can do is simply because they can mostly do what a normal electric equivalent can do. But yeah, the wiki's your best bet in this case.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The only way to get Lazurite is to silk touch Lapis Ore ? Do I really need Silk touch? This enchant is so rare that I am thinkin I make a mistake. But the wiki too seems to indicate that one needs Lapis Ore. Is there another way to get Lapis Ore or Lazurite in Bronze/Steel Age?

Does NEI show everything regarding to gregtech or does it ommit some recipes?

• The only way to get Lazurite is to silk touch Lapis Ore ? Do I really need Silk touch? This enchant is so rare that I am thinkin I make a mistake. But the wiki too seems to indicate that one needs Lapis Ore. Is there another way to get Lapis Ore or Lazurite in Bronze/Steel Age?

Does NEI show everything regarding to gregtech or does it ommit some recipes?

Silk Touch is indeed a very valuable enchantment with GregTech - Silk Touched ores are vastly superior most of the time in advanced processing. That's why the Rockcutter is a fairly good option if you have horrible luck with enchanting.

NEI does omit some recipes, and in this case the recipe you're looking for - if you put Lapis Lazuli in the Sturdy Grinder, I believe it has a 10% chance of outputting Lazurite Dust.

• Ah! Wonderful. Crafting a rock cutter right now :)

So I just had bad luck with the sturdy grinder then? Just to be sure I understood you correctly (before I putt all my Lapis into the grinder). The sturdy grinder works with Lapis Lazuli too, not just Lapis Lazuli Ore. Right?

How does one get all possible recipes? Booth wikis are not very conclusive about this.

Is there maybe some kind of data file I can look into or parse?

• Yes, the sturdy grinder is kind of streaky. I haven't really been playing with GregTech lately, so it may have changed in the dozens of updates so far, so not sure if it still works the same, especially since there was a ore processing revamp.

As for list of recipes - the best you can do so far is decompile the code as Greg updates pretty darn fast.

As for list of recipes - the best you can do so far is decompile the code as Greg updates pretty darn fast.

I don't know if he would like that :D. So I guess my best bet is to go the rockcutter route. This seems to me the like the intended route.

• Ok. The rock cutter recipe changed from steel (wiki) to stainless steel (nei).

I can not go in game right now to check but either nei did not show the lapis variant or I was just blind (which may happen more often then not). But this would finally explain why the universal electricity circuits are considered equal. Lapis dust is very easy to get in large quantities compared to Lazurite dust (bronze + early electrical age)

• What do I have to change in order to get the old macerator back? Can anyone please tell me?

I need to enable it for the Rotary Macerator from Advanced Machines.

• Official Post

What do I have to change in order to get the old macerator back? Can anyone please tell me?

I need to enable it for the Rotary Macerator from Advanced Machines.

You can make it so automatic machines can be shapelessly crafted on their own to make the normal IC2 ones by changing this line in the Dynamic.cfg:

####################
    # gregtechrecipes
    ####################

gregtechrecipes {
    B:allowVanillaIC2MachinesFromAutomaticOnes_false=true

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• OK, thanks. I was having a problem with the config inputting duplicate entries and I got an "Overflow" crash.

Thanks, guys for tolerating me. Been having a rough week.