[IC2 Exp][1.10.2][Beta] RocketScience-3 Addon!

• Heu, sure, might be true...
    But that would still be awesome ! :D

• Martititi, hadn't I already said that I was going to implement realistic fission mechanics? If not, I was going to anyway :P

Oh, and OMG I JUST HAD AN AMAZING IDEA...
    The rockets would be modular anyway, but rockets could be fitted with a "remote control" module that allows the controller to control the rocket in-flight (predator missile style, for all you COD fans, but it won't be from above, It'd be from the launch point...) Oh, and of course this would have a certain range...

• Martititi, hadn't I already said that I was going to implement realistic fission mechanics? If not, I was going to anyway :P

Oh, and OMG I JUST HAD AN AMAZING IDEA...
    The rockets would be modular anyway, but rockets could be fitted with a "remote control" module that allows the controller to control the rocket in-flight (predator missile style, for all you COD fans, but it won't be from above, It'd be from the launch point...) Oh, and of course this would have a certain range...

Sure, but you did not speak about upgrading the reactor.
    I think I had proposed something like what you're speaking about. Let me find it...
    Ah, no? I thought I had posted it...

Well, that's a very good idea, and of course I support it.
    However, it might be better if you implemented a fps vision. I'm not sure it is that hard to do, since it is already done in the render system, isn't it?

• So it wouldn't be too hard?
    Otherwise, you can maybe simply create a fake player and toggle the player's vision to the fake one (the missile).

• So, Ive been working on making the realistic reactor system, and have so far implemented:
    Fuel rod containers
    Control rods & Containers (control rod lowering system)
    Lead glass (for the prevention of gamma, beta and alpha radiation leakage.)
    Steam grates (for the collection of steam)
    Fuel chamber interfaces (blcoks that allow the player or things from other mods to access the reactor's fuel and waste and add/remove it()
    I have also added reactor coolant as a fluid alongside steam.

Now, I'm going to need some opinions on this ://
    Okay, so, do I create the reactor coolant as a classic fluid (i.e water in vanilla MC) or do I make it a finite fluid (i.e water from the "finite liquids" mod)... The finite one would be a lot more realistic, but would also be harder to implement... However, the classic fluid would be easier to implement, but once the water blocks are placed... they would remain...

Okay, so what I'm going to do is - Make a "tank" system...

• Official Post

IC2 already adds coolant (and hot coolant) as a fluid, so are you going to still make your own?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• IC2 already adds coolant (and hot coolant) as a fluid, so are you going to still make your own?

Sorry if I seemed unclear, but yes, I will be changing to the IC2 coolant. It'll be pumped into a heat exchanger block on the reactor, and come out as steam/whatever.

• I think it would be more realistic if the fluid came out of the reactor as Hot, and then you have to cool it down, because the fluid only evaporates when the nuclear reactor is REALLY hot (so during a meltdown). Sadly, I think that it is what happened in Fukushima: a tsunami occured, turning off the electricity, and preventing the emergency engines that were supposed to create electricity from working. So the nuclear reactor, which couldn't be turned to off that easily became hotter and hotter, thus giving the water from the cooling circuit enough energy to be split into H2 and O2. The fact is that these molucules are gases at that temperature, therefore, it evaporated and could burn. As these gases burn quite easily, it just exploded, and we had a "tiny" meltdown (because even if the High Nuclear Authorities classified that accident as being as serious as in Tschernobyl, it was of course not, since the core did not explode, but only the containment).

Also, have you heard about heavy water? It is a water that uses deuterium instead of Hydrogen, so that it absorbs lonely neutrons produced by the nuclear fission better than plain water.

EDIT: It seems like IC2 devs implemented a realistic nuclear reactor in the latest verions, am I right?

• Official Post

It seems like IC2 devs implemented a realistic nuclear reactor in the latest verions, am I right?

Pretty much

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I mean, is it like the one Thatsimplekid tried to code, or is it a simplified version?

• It's been a while since you haven't given us some informations. How is it going?
    I also mean, I re-read the OP, and I noticed you were talking about satellites and missiles. I don't know if I missed some versions, but it seems to like there is no satellite. Have I missed anything?

• It's been a while since you haven't given us some informations. How is it going?

Currently, thatsimplekid is on Holiday for a couple of weeks. He'll be back soon :)

I re-read the OP, and I noticed you were talking about satellites and missiles. I don't know if I missed some versions, but it seems to like there is no satellite. Have I missed anything?

I believe these were added in, but since the re-code, they haven't been re-implemented yet. I also think that he was beginning to add a whole lot per release, so it'll take some time to get another alpha release. I'm sure he will talk to you when he gets back :)

• The op is very old and outdated... I wouldn't get info from there, just check these posts, as this is where I will give you the most up to date information..

Oh, and about my absence, I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks and will return to coding as soon as I possibly can :)

• That's my first post since a while, I was also in vacations. =)
    Thanks, that's the best present you could give me.
    =D
    I thought the mod was again given up...
    So thanks for continuing.

• Sorry for double posting, I posted 3 days ago so I don't consider it as a true double post.

I read a thread and it seems like tritium and deuterium in IC2 are not meant to fuel fusion reactor, but more to fuel plasma cannons. So if you can do it as you planned before...? please...

• What's the news today?
    This thread has been inactive for ages.

• Pretty much nothing has to be explained.
    Either there have been a lot of new things I'm not aware of, therefore you ask, or you did not download the mod.
    Thatsimplekid is still dealing with alpha issues, so there is not much to mess around for now.
    But with some hope, we may have a great mod. =)

EDIT: Moreover, RS 3 isn't compatible with the newest versions of IC2: it sticks to 1.6.4 so the latest compatible version is .397