[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• I will make a new thread soon SpwnX, don't you worry. I'll wait a week or two 'till dust settles down then I will make a new thread.

It's also probably at this time that Kirara 3.0 will become the main server and other servers will -slowly- get shutdown. (Starting by the least frequented, which seems to be K3. If I'm wrong, please tell me.)

I should close the first server in the following weeks, if it does close, however I will keep a backup of the world and mod files available for download for a while. If you want this piece of history, you'll be able to get it. ;]

Other servers will last for a while still as I still have no intention on closing them soon. I see people on K1 and K2 once in a while, and since GT6 still ain't what GT5 was, I think it'd be detrimental to the server to close more than one soon.

What will happen afterwards is still somewhat unclear. Here are a few options I thought about :

- Keep one GT5 server forever, possibly moving the biggest, baddest (sic) bases Kirara 2.0 have to offer on a single server. I still ain't sure how that would happen, but I can be pretty imaginative, trust me. Then 2 other servers, which would be known as Kirara 3.0 would be the main attraction for a real long time. The last server would either be the beefier one I mentionned or would be the third Kirara 3.0, depending on what people think about this. Then it'd still be possible to phase out the GT5 server if nobody's interested in it anymore, still allowing you all to download the map and mods should you want that.

- Make all servers Kirara 3.0. This would be the logical way to proceed should few people be interested in more mods or in the GT5 servers. Not my favorite way to proceed, but if it's what you all want, well it's what it's gonna be. Once again, all old maps would be available for download for a short time as well along with the modset.

- Third option would require me to give tons of time to Kirara, but if you are all interested, I think this could be a really nice plan. We could have 4 completely different servers, or rather progressively bigger packs. K1 would remain like Kirara 2.0 was, maybe even slightly smaller. (Removing ThaumCraft would make it more GT-focused and pretty much lagless, not hindering the other servers.) K2 would be slightly bigger, adding a few mods to liven up the experience. (Probably adding that touch of magic K1 would lack and a few useful mods.) K3 would be pretty much the middle ground between K1 and K4 being not too big but still very complete. World-gen of those three servers would most likely be vanilla. Only third server could use EBXL (Less laggy.) or BOP (Slightly more laggy but prettier, in my opinion.) as they ain't bad at all once pre-genned. K4 would be my thing. "Much" bigger than the other three with very little magic (We'd have K2 and K3 for that.) and probably fancy worldgen. This would be the most resource-hungry server and for this reason would require stricter rules to avoid lagging the whole place. The downside to this is you could -not- travel from one place to the next via qCraft portals. You'd have to close the instance and boot another one should you want to go take a peek on the other servers. This would be my preferred (Spelling ?) way, even considering it's at least 3 times the work.

- Last option would be to keep things as they are for as long as possible. However I think as soon as GT6 gets something real nice, K4 would become a clusterfuck of people in a matter of days and we'd have 3 dead servers. This would be my least preferred way, but it could work for a while, I guess.

So here's when you come into play. I want the opinion of aaaas many people as possible. Here are a few things you should note when forming your opinion :

- While I do have VETO sorta like invultri had, I'd rather make you all choose... But you better choose what I've chosen ! Haha. ;]
    - I can make MTweaker recipes should you want a more balanced/GT-focused experience. Already got a BUNCH of scripts and willing to make more.
    - I will carefully read and weight each opinion. Most likely the majority will win, though.
    - While I HATE having to close servers, GT5 will get older by the day and you must realise that at a point or another they will close.
    - I don't wanna rush into this. Not at all. I'm going to spend time collecting opinions, then will evaluate the situation, then will get ready, THEN will make changes. This could take as little as 2-3 weeks depending on you or as much as... Well, a really long time.

Wow. Sorry about the long post. I've been asked many questions already and I wanted to sorta put my ideas somewhere. Hopefully we can find something that pleases (mostly) everybody.

TL;DR : I'm going to make changes. Probably. However it all depends on you. Leave your opinion in here, it's how you can best help me right now. Also, I don't wanna rush into this. Don't expect to see changes by tomorrow, or even next week. Except updates. ;]

Arch.

P.S @ Bloody : Would going from GT5.07.07 to GT5.08.XX be feasible ? I think it could influence people's opinion.

P.S II : Have I told you while I need opinions, there's no need to rush ? ;P

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• I don't even know if I'm still on the whitelist XD.

But as I'm going to get good internet in the next couple of weeks(wow, it took me like literally 6 attempts to write that), I'll probably start playing again, so I'll post my opinion anyway.

I vote for the third option, as choice is a good thzing most of the time.

EDIT: spelling correction(thje -> the)

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• GT5 Unofficial is quite stable. I do not know of world crashing bugs and only some high end stuff i added is slightly misbehaving.
    Should you plan to update regualry, changing over to it now should be fine. A fully stable version should be reached in a few weeks. I personaly want to see it on Kirara.

About the options, the third sounds the best, but to me it seems allmost a bit too much work. Maybe limit that idea a bit, so you do not overwork yourself. ;)
    Option one, keeping a single server running for really looong also sounds good.

So a midway? Slowly reducing GT5 servers to 1 once GT6 is good. K4 updating but no big mod changes. Then somewhere in the future 1-2 new GT6 Server that only start once there is a Endgame.

• GT5 Unofficial is quite stable. I do not know of world crashing bugs and only some high end stuff i added is slightly misbehaving.
    Should you plan to update regualry, changing over to it now should be fine. A fully stable version should be reached in a few weeks. I personaly want to see it on Kirara.

About the options, the third sounds the best, but to me it seems allmost a bit too much work. Maybe limit that idea a bit, so you do not overwork yourself. ;)
    Option one, keeping a single server running for really looong also sounds good.

So a midway? Slowly reducing GT5 servers to 1 once GT6 is good. K4 updating but no big mod changes. Then somewhere in the future 1-2 new GT6 Server that only start once there is a Endgame.

I like the idea of going midway, since they were both my most favored choices.

So far, I think this sounds most promising.

Although the work is not a real problem. I do this for fun and get 4-5 free days a week currently. Of course this will be les once I go back to school (Though it's all at home, so still plenty of time...).

So yeah. Listen to Bloody. This could be a very viable option. Having one Kirara 2.0, and three Kirara 3.0 of various sizes. Both GT5 server and K1 would be little work, so I ain't against it.

Thanks for your opinions, Bloody.

You as well, blub01. While I doubt you're un-whitelisted, would you like me to take a look ?

[1.7.10][Kirara] New administrator of Kirara servers. A serie of well-made hardmode GregTech server. Come join the fun. ;]

• The way I see Kirara's future :
    -A great powersuit mod (Because requesting suits in IC2's suggenstion thread = Voiding a whole thread)
    -Galacticraft!
    -Enable the AE quartz wrench and the Admin Anchor
    And now the most important thing :
    -Get another one or two Kirara 3.0 servers running. It was really nice having multiple worlds with multiple oregens, even though we will likely be limited with the pack (and there would still be TC on 1, possibly 2 other servers) we could have different worldgens, and this my friend is fantastic.
    -Qcraft. Yes you stated that it would possibly be a NO, but I would like to have this just for server linking, it is more convenient not creating a new stuff for each server and being able to trade ressources from others. We have IC2 teleporters, I'll only use them in the future. And if we ever have GC, we can still use it's own low range teleporter.
    -Nerf Nexey_ (as requested by Mrmoo)
    -Evaluate if I should still be a co admin in a few months (or right now if you feel that I'm not doing any particular job, I feel like the guy you call each 32 of the months because of your clugged sink. But I love being helpful in any circumstances!) since I'll move from my home to my new university residence. Nothing will change. At all. The reason why I tell you to see if you should re evalute this is because I'll simply have the possibility to stand over at the university for the week ends, whereas right now I need to go back home very friday from my boarding school. With this new possibility, it'll open me a whole new opportunity to study and not be bothered by taking the bus and waking up at 05:50 each Monday. So I'll basically play during hollidays, I'll do my best to hang out with you on IRC. BUT FIRST, I have the HUGE hollidays (3 months :p) after my exams (Cross your fingers for me), so plenty of time to play when I'll not see my gf.

-/give Nexey_ gregtech:item.meta.crystalChargedCertus.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Official Post

If you do choose to add a biome mod, I like EBXL more as BoP really feels bloated now and you can actually find vanilla biomes with it installed.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Here's a mod-list I'd like to suggest in case a "hardcore survival Kirara" opens :

Tech :
    - IC2 + GT6 + GT Extras + Nuclear Control 2 + IHL
    - AE2 + ExtraCells
    - Forestry, Railcraft, (Buildcraft ? since we don't have pipes)

Redstone :
    - OpenComputers
    - immibiscore + redlogic

Worldgen :
    - Biomes O' Plenty (removal of the gem generation may be necessary) or Highlands if it works.
    - Roguelike Dungeons
    - Twillight Forest

Survival :
    - EnviroMine (gas and earthquakes removed, maybe physics too, also minetweaking for the "elevator" recipe)
    - Special mobs (mob variations, with deadlier mobs)
    - AppleCore + Hunger Overhaul + Pam's HarvestCraft (salt worldgen removal)

The pretty :
    - Chisel 2
    - Carpenter's Blocks
    - BiblioCraft + Bibliowoods

Bonus :
    - Custom NPCs, so that quests, shops and that kind of cool stuff can be made.
    - LevelUp mod, since the exp is useless, allows to pick classes with bonuses like movement speed, etc. Needs to be tweaked however, "gaining exp from crafts" can and will be abused.

• To add on to all that's been said, here's my idea for how the 4 servers could turn out:

Kirara 1: GT5 pack (with GT5 unofficial port, and much the same as K1-3 are right now). Maybe making it a light pack if everyone moves away from GT5

Kirara 2: First GT6 Pack, with the server we currently have on K4.

Kirara 3: Second GT6 Pack (not forced hardmode) using the modlist that Pyro posted as a base.

Kirara 4: Fully hardmode, large pack, minetweaked, using Pyro's modlist AND THEN SOME.

EDIT: Changed some stuff around.

• Official Post

IHL needs to stay, it is a lot more complicated and feature complete than GT6 :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Nonsense, just like IC2 I understand it near completely and have been getting the bugs fixed. If people can't read my mind for the documentation that's their problem.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

You might not be, that doesn't mean everyone isn't ;)

I see this too much.

• You as well, blub01. While I doubt you're un-whitelisted, would you like me to take a look ?

Not really necessary ( i could technically just try it out once i install the modset), but if you have the time, sure, go ahead.

EDIT:

You might not be, that doesn't mean everyone isn't ;)

I am not for sure. And if the majority of the population was psychic, I'd highly doubt that would go unnoticed for a long time.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.