[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• Official Post

I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting. It seems that amidst is only an information giving tool and not a tool which influences biome generation in the way you are suggesting.

AMIDST can FIND Biomes, it is just a insert Seed and get what the Map will look like Tool. He suggests 1. Generating the Spawn Continent and 2. setting the Worldgen to vanilla Amplified to generate the Second Continent. AMIDST just finds the Continents to help you with selecting the Seed.

• AMIDST can FIND Biomes, it is just a insert Seed and get what the Map will look like Tool. He suggests 1. Generating the Spawn Continent and 2. setting the Worldgen to vanilla Amplified to generate the Second Continent. AMIDST just finds the Continents to help you with selecting the Seed.

Exactly. I've once generated 1.7.2 amplified jungle island and inserted it into 1.6.4 modded world. Worked flawlessly.

Sadly, after looking at the 1.7.2 worlds there are a lot less oceans so there are no more continents. I guess we'll have to have biome borders if we generate 2000 blocks of vanilla terrain first.

Still it would be cool if one could have his personal amplified island, but that's probably not possible with this many players. Although if it's safe to alter and save a modded world in MCEdit, I wouldn't mind doing it for those who want it.

• Official Post

But whatever you do, do not make the Spawn Continent Amplified, it is a pain to move along in the beginning with all those giant Mountains. Not to mention the Render Lag for some Players (not including me), who would get Problems right after spawning.

But I don't really care about amplified terrain, because there are regular Areas with almost equally huge Mountains.

• AMIDST can FIND Biomes, it is just a insert Seed and get what the Map will look like Tool. He suggests 1. Generating the Spawn Continent and 2. setting the Worldgen to vanilla Amplified to generate the Second Continent. AMIDST just finds the Continents to help you with selecting the Seed.

So I can take a look at the world without starting minecraft ? That be awesome.

• I just tested it, its pretty good an indication and we do not have overland mods anyway. I am also testing pregenerating with mcedit, seems that 250000 chunks will take about 5 hours, which is doable.

EDIT: Will MCEDIT actually use the mod generators?

• It seems that minetweaker is not ready for 1.7 yet, so we might have to work with the default recipes when we start out.

What mods did we need to change recipes for, and are they actually out yet for 1.7?

Also, I assume the only item that will be used in 1.7 will be the meta items?
    Also2, when we do get minetweaker, can we put GT iron plates into the recipes from railcraft, and then use the GT iron plates (steel too) as the railcraft iron plates are ugly textured and don't fit with the other plates at a glance.

• What mods did we need to change recipes for, and are they actually out yet for 1.7?

Also, I assume the only item that will be used in 1.7 will be the meta items?
    Also2, when we do get minetweaker, can we put GT iron plates into the recipes from railcraft, and then use the GT iron plates (steel too) as the railcraft iron plates are ugly textured and don't fit with the other plates at a glance.

Well that and I promised to change the recipes of the iron chests, maybe change the rc blast furnace to use bronze. Galacticraft is not at the 1.7 stage yet and that was the biggest overhaul. So all in all I do not see a blocking issue.

• So with Greg's new ores, how about no biome/underground mods at all? Unless PFAA miraculously pops up? Chisel replaces the need for UB fancy blocks anyway.

Also we should include rotatable blocks cause why not. Also railcraft is updated.

Also what about treepacitator? Just config it to take like 2x the time. I like that mod because with the recent nerfs, it is very well balanced and is realistic. It also makes sure those stupid oak trees don't piss me off.

We should also consider doing a tfc server sometime. The recent update looks like a lot of fun, and the players of kirara are the kind of people who would love it.

• I second Terra Firma Craft server, that would be nice. Maybe also a Better then Wolves server as well.

I'm iffy about treecapitator, though I'm inclined to throw support at it just because cutting down trees in Minecraft is annoying, even if it is interesting.