[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• I would like to second this mod, with some recipe changes, (helm requiring steel and air balloon requiring helium, for example) and with the rule to NOT use any mod tile entities on a ship. Chests only.

EDIT: By the way, if you guys like UHC, what about Iguana Tweaks and/or Hunger Overhaul?

I wouldn't mind the airship mod, depending on how much lag it'll cause.
    Iguana tweaks i'd say maybe, same with HO. I don't really care either way.

Custom ore gen is updated, we just need to wait for PFAA. No commits yet, but I'm hoping soon :P

• What is this UHC anyway ?

He'd probably explain it better than me. UHC I think refers to a gamemode where natural regen is turned off, and everyone has to go out and kill eachother. Last person alive wins. I think he's talking about that minus the killing part.

• Official Post

Ultra HardCore, where you dont regen hp naturally and if you die you're out of the game.

People use that feature (/gamerule naturalRegeneration off) to do UHC matches, where people will gather resources within a time then fight to death. Last one (team) standing wins.
    Golden apples or potions are used to regen, but those are way too gold intensive for a modded survival, thus the requirement of something different.

As mr10 mentioned, no pvp and no "out of the game", just the survival aspect of UHC. Unless we want to do some private matches.

• Ultra HardCore, where you dont regen hp naturally and if you die you're out of the game.

People use that feature (/gamerule naturalRegeneration off) to do UHC matches, where people will gather resources within a time then fight to death. Last one (team) standing wins.
    Golden apples or potions are used to regen, but those are way too gold intensive for a modded survival, thus the requirement of something different.

As mr10 mentioned, no pvp, just the survival aspect of UHC. Unless we want to do some private matches.

A mini match of modded UHC before we update sounds interesting.

• i think we already have too many mods, i take a look at the list and "...wtf, what this mod is for anyway..." everything we have it can keep us busy for a good amount of time, and with the changes GregoriusT is making, things will require even more time, anyway sometimes less is more.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• i think we already have too many mods, i take a look at the list and "...wtf, what this mod is for anyway..." everything we have it can keep us busy for a good amount of time, and with the changes GregoriusT is making, things will require even more time, anyway sometimes less is more.

The only mod I see that's at all new is Applied Thermodynamics, which I don't really know why that's there... Also it has no documentation that I can find.

• Official Post

Why no Firestone (from Railcraft)?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Overpowered.

A little warning: Many things of those Suggested Mods should be disabled, because they can get horribly overpowered.

@UHC-Mode:
    I'm okay with No Health Regen (aka Full Hunger Bar not refilling the Hearts anymore).
    But the one Death = Ban thing of regular Hardcore is a bit harsh. Imagine you start and get killed in that starting phase resulting in a Hardcore Ban.
    It is ofcourse possible to unban people but then we would have to wait for an Op to do so, and we would have to contact said Op since he doesn't know about people having gotten banned through that rule (unless he is the Server-Admin).

• Official Post

Explain to me it's overpowered-ness, is it the auto-consume lava if you throw it in some?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• i also think we shouldnt have this permadeath thing. Dying easily is enough, permadeath prevents us from going deep into the gt tech tree

Do not worry, I am really watching the #ofmods thing :) But I do like prettifying mods so that is why we have those. Most of the mods are not 1.7 anyway.

The only mod I see that's at all new is Applied Thermodynamics, which I don't really know why that's there... Also it has no documentation that I can find.

Do not wonder, it is discontinued.

I don't agree with the ban thing aswell, not to mention there is no easy way to automate 5 minute temp ban on deaths.

I am not planning to go hardCORE just hardmode. Unless a player named bubbles will come, she of course is hardCORE.

@No natural regen
    Sounds like fun, but it needs something that can regen us while we are just digging in for the first night. Just dyeing every 10min of hunger because it takes to long to get the things ready to make your first food is not fun. Also, no AFK hunger.

@minimatch
    I'd rather launch a beta week to check for exploits and other bugs, ending with free nukes for all.

• Official Post

@minimatch
    I'd rather launch a beta week to check for exploits and other bugs, ending with free nukes for all.

+1

I see this too much.