[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• Official Post

For anyone wanting to play right now, the chunks have other ideas.

• Well since Aka left just before I wanted to ask him if I did something wrong with starting the server with mcpc+. Here are the results:

I go back to my crops now.

EDIT: I got 2 other reports from players that loading gregtech into mcpc+ is an insta crash

• Yes, same here, tried out everything I could today, always crash with GT. You were right.

• Update completed

Update:
    Gregtech to 5.0.0i
    Bibliocraft to 1.7.1
    Chisel to 1.5.4d
    Applied energistics rv0 build beta 15
    Extra cells to 2.0.5 build #35
    Iron chests to build #720

Config:
    Unification is now set to ae2
    View distance set to 8 instead of 10

• That crash is caused by CCC, actually. It is trying to modify BlockDynamicLiquid to enable finite water, but MCPC+ has already made its own, incompatible, changes to BlockDynamicLiquid. Disabling infinite water through MCPC+ instead of CCC would probably fix it, though there may be other issues due to MCPC+.

Although, maybe GregTech is enabling CCC's finite water which is causing the crash, so it might still be indirectly due to GregTech.

• Official Post

I wouldn't use MCPC+ at all I bet it won't fix the >12 Players Problem anyways. Also everything runs fine now as long as not more than 12 Players are joining the Server. Bukkit would cause way too many Problems, such as Redstone not working properly for example.

Also Invultri, you either didnt decrease the View Distance, or the View Distance thing is not working at all (I wasn't online after the Update so if it works now, then ignore this), because I can still see the Mountains very far away from my Base even though I never left the House.

• I wouldn't use MCPC+ at all I bet it won't fix the >12 Players Problem anyways. Also everything runs fine now as long as not more than 12 Players are joining the Server. Bukkit would cause way too many Problems, such as Redstone not working properly for example.

I agree. Bukkit will likely cause to many problems. I have been looking at bungeecord as that is affiliated with spigot but is in fact just a proxy and does nothing with the server itself, sadly I can not discover documentation on what to do on the forge side to make it work. (This would open the option for cross server transitions of players)

I wouldn't use MCPC+ at all I bet it won't fix the >12 Players Problem anyways. Also everything runs fine now as long as not more than 12
    Also Invultri, you either didnt decrease the View Distance, or the View Distance thing is not working at all (I wasn't online after the Update so if it works now, then ignore this), because I can still see the Mountains very far away from my Base even though I never left the House.

Well I could set the player limit to 12 (magic number much?), but that is not a very appealing idea. And yes, I did not restart the server after changing the settings so they should be applied now with the update.

@Pregen
    I am currently pregenerating a new map with that minecraft land generator. It gives me an ETA of 2days and 15 hours for 10k by 10k (which is the maximum that application allows). (Greg, this could be faster if I could force the ore dict things of gt to be skipped in gt since I only need worldgen :)). After this is done I want to test it again to see what its limit is. If the pregeneration seems to help with lag we can try to do a migration. This is a rather difficult one, but I can copy over the player.dat files and I suppose the inventories of people will move with those dat files (greg?). Now, everyone probably has more stuff that fits inside a single inventory but admin supplied ae cells should suffice for that.
    This is merely a plan that I cooked up which has a lot of ifs and maybes and would need your support.

• I wouldn't (and I know others would agree) want to have to rebuild everything that we've done, find a new place to live, etc.

AE2 has solutions for moving bases (provided you package up the gt machines and maybe some other things and assuming that carrying the cell in your inventory works). The finding a new place thing is something that needs to be redone yes.

And let me stress this again, this last step only happens after the ifs and maybes have cleared out.

• Are we cheating in creative cells + spatial cells for moving? Interesting.

If we decide to do so, yes. Needs some testing however ;)

EDIT:
    [MLG] Setting spawn to [X,Y,Z]: [-8580,64,-8848] (162 of 2809) 5.73% Done
    [MLG] Estimated time remaining: 2 Days, 14 Hours

Do not hold your breath on this. And I kinda do hope that it works...

• Official Post

My OreDict things would run faster if you would just disable ALL Recipes in my Config. Also the Player.dat File indeed contains all the Inventory and would get transferred if you copy it over.

-----

Also If we really do a new World, I would just stock up on a few Thaumium Tools and the most valuable things and do a simple restart.

• My OreDict things would run faster if you would just disable ALL Recipes in my Config. Also the Player.dat File indeed contains all the Inventory and would get transferred if you copy it over.

-----

Also If we really do a new World, I would just stock up on a few Thaumium Tools and the most valuable things and do a simple restart.

Kinda agree with Greg TBH. Take Inventory worth of most valuable things, and just do a plain restart.

• My OreDict things would run faster if you would just disable ALL Recipes in my Config. Also the Player.dat File indeed contains all the Inventory and would get transferred if you copy it over.

----

Basically set all =true to =false in Recipes.cfg ?

Does the new map have the same seed? Also moving my islands should be pretty easy, since they are up in the air.

It is a new seed.

• Official Post

So are we getting admin AE cells, or just our inventories?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.