[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• Yesterday i marked my area in the planned Town area and started to build on it. After i get a roof over my head, we should build a train station and an Shopping center together for everyone to use.

Anyone else ready to come over, so the Town can grow? (Town koords: -40, -730)

• Does somebody likes my base or placed a anchor somewhere around ?
    When I log off yesterday, I placed a basic bending machine and my cobble gen was running. I dind't put any blocks above the bending machine because I logged off, so my chunks were "normally" unloaded. I tried to come later in the evening but there was 15 peoples so I went sleeping.
    Today, I found my machine exploded, all crops my grown (I had some new diamond reed which takes ages to grow, so my chunks were loaded) and ~3k cobble (I left the game with far less than 1k cobble). Ofc I have no RC boiler at all, my crops weren't in the same chunks as the bending machine, also my cobble gen wasn't in a different chunk of both crops / bending machine.
    I assume someone lives really nearby with a HUGE render distance, or someone went mining under my base, but my chunks were somehow loaded, and some rain blew up my bending machine. Ofc, It's just a basic steam turbine with a bending machine (also 2 high pressure coal boilers, really easy to get). But I want to know if someone placed a anchor at my base. If it's the case, thanks a lot, that helped me exploding some stuff, I missed this. If not, I'm pretty sure you have to be completely dumb mining near someone's base, because this can also happen, and I want to tell this player to not "be a dick", and if you want to mine, go FAR from other's bases.

• Does somebody likes my base or placed a anchor somewhere around ?
    When I log off yesterday, I placed a basic bending machine and my cobble gen was running. I dind't put any blocks above the bending machine because I logged off, so my chunks were "normally" unloaded. I tried to come later in the evening but there was 15 peoples so I went sleeping.
    Today, I found my machine exploded, all crops my grown (I had some new diamond reed which takes ages to grow, so my chunks were loaded) and ~3k cobble (I left the game with far less than 1k cobble). Ofc I have no RC boiler at all, my crops weren't in the same chunks as the bending machine, also my cobble gen wasn't in a different chunk of both crops / bending machine.
    I assume someone lives really nearby with a HUGE render distance, or someone went mining under my base, but my chunks were somehow loaded, and some rain blew up my bending machine. Ofc, It's just a basic steam turbine with a bending machine (also 2 high pressure coal boilers, really easy to get). But I want to know if someone placed a anchor at my base. If it's the case, thanks a lot, that helped me exploding some stuff, I missed this. If not, I'm pretty sure you have to be completely dumb mining near someone's base, because this can also happen, and I want to tell this player to not "be a dick", and if you want to mine, go FAR from other's bases.

Having your stuff destroyed of course sucks, I'd just like to point out 3 things:
    1) Having your machines under clear sky is dumb idea. Period. Someone can just explore near your base during rain and you're done.
    2) Render distance has no effect on loaded chunks aroun a player. Server settings does and it's set at 8 chunks. Having your render distance more than 8 chunks is therefore pointless, it only removes the fog (moves it further), as the server doesn't send you any more chunks anyway.
    3) Mining under your base can happen quite easily if you live nearby someone, as you usually don't see the surface underground and also lose track of where you are. Just another reason to not live too close to somebody.

• I noticed that you, Kirara players, use forestry. I tried it today and found that many recipes don't work, even for carpenter. I only tried to get a recipe through NEI, not actually craft it. I also tried to run just forestry and NEI - same problem. Is it just for me?

I use forestry_1.7.2-2.4.1.27.jar - the same as in your server's mod list.

Edit: I cannot craft carpenter machine.

• Having your stuff destroyed of course sucks, I'd just like to point out 3 things:
    1) Having your machines under clear sky is dumb idea. Period. Someone can just explore near your base during rain and you're done.
    2) Render distance has no effect on loaded chunks aroun a player. Server settings does and it's set at 8 chunks. Having your render distance more than 8 chunks is therefore pointless, it only removes the fog (moves it further), as the server doesn't send you any more chunks anyway.
    3) Mining under your base can happen quite easily if you live nearby someone, as you usually don't see the surface underground and also lose track of where you are. Just another reason to not live too close to somebody.

Also... your chunks stay loaded for X minutes after you log out.

I noticed that you, Kirara players, use forestry. I tried it today and found that many recipes don't work, even for carpenter. I only tried to get a recipe through NEI, not actually craft it. I also tried to run just forestry and NEI - same problem. Is it just for me?

I use forestry_1.7.2-2.4.1.27.jar - the same as in your server's mod list.

Edit: I cannot craft carpenter machine.

We have carpenters and things, just no nei plugin. Use the wiki to find the recipes or install the correct nei plugin (is that even available for 1.7??).

• Official Post

install the correct nei plugin (is that even available for 1.7??).

It's not updated yet: https://bitbucket.org/mistaqur/nei_plugins/wiki/Home

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Also... your chunks stay loaded for X minutes after you log out.

Seems like hours, I had some new crops (like the diamond one) that I just planted, and my cobblegen ran to create more than 3k cobble in one night. It produces ~1100 cobble in ~45 minutes and stops when the chunks are unloaded (seems logical).

I also think that most of the people have a minimap installed, and I assume they're not playing with the "cave mode". There's also not much to mine near my base, especially less than a few chunks away. So even if I thought of a player mining around, I'm pretty sure that he must have stay for a long long time (and I don't believe it myself).
    And I logged off because I had something to do, so I did not cover my machines (not a great lost, still sucks) and I was unable to come later on (>10 players, my base doesn't load at all), but I can't figure out what loaded my chunks since I wasn't there.
    I thought the render distance was still affecting chunks on server tho, as it does in singleplayer.

• We have carpenters and things, just no nei plugin. Use the wiki to find the recipes or install the correct nei plugin (is that even available for 1.7??).

I successfully crafted peat engine (recipe from memory). NEI doesn't show that recipe. Very strange for a crafting table recipe.

• Hi all! I know this thread is huge and sorry If I'm posting in the wrong spot! My husband and I have been hunting for a hard-mode GT server, and were so excited to find this one! We were wondering if whitelisting is still open? If so, would it be okay to whitelist myself (Cynnimon) and my husband (Linkslegend4) ?

If we do get whitelisted.. then thank you! Also, we tried to look through the thread, but didn't seem to see any sort of download link. Does the mods all need the be downloaded individually? Is there a FAQ we can look at to find that? Unfortunately, most of our experiences with modded minecraft have been pre-installed things through the FTB launcher, though we really do love the GregTech addon! :)

Thanks in advance and were sorry if we asked nooby questions! :)

• Official Post

Hi all! I know this thread is huge and sorry If I'm posting in the wrong spot! My husband and I have been hunting for a hard-mode GT server, and were so excited to find this one! We were wondering if whitelisting is still open? If so, would it be okay to whitelist myself (Cynnimon) and my husband (Linkslegend4) ?

How to join:
    PM me why you want to join and I will give you the server address and add you to its whitelist. Please add your in game name (ign) in the pm!

------------------------------------------------

If we do get whitelisted.. then thank you! Also, we tried to look through the thread, but didn't seem to see any sort of download link. Does the mods all need the be downloaded individually? Is there a FAQ we can look at to find that? Unfortunately, most of our experiences with modded minecraft have been pre-installed things through the FTB launcher, though we really do love the GregTech addon! :)

Thanks in advance and were sorry if we asked nooby questions! :)

All mods have to be installed manually, hence the big list of links which will direct you to the mod pages where you can download them.
    You will not find a pre-installed thing, a pack of mods or anything. One of the informal "requirements" is that you are able to install (and update) the mods on your own.

You can ask for help if anything goes wrong though.

• One of the ways of keeping the server smaller besides being hardmode is the fact that mods are installed manually. If you have any issues, though, I would be happy to help.

• ------------------------------------------------

All mods have to be installed manually, hence the big list of links which will direct you to the mod pages where you can download them.
    You will not find a pre-installed thing, a pack of mods or anything. One of the informal "requirements" is that you are able to install (and update) the mods on your own.

You can ask for help if anything goes wrong though.

SpwnX is right, just download forge + all the mods. Install forge (run the installer). Copy mods to mods folder. Grab configs from op and extract to config folder. Connect to server. It is that easy :) Please send a pm with your in game names and I will whitelist you.

I have a request.

If you don't plan on adding Project Red, could you add this mod to compensate for the lack of 'advanced' redstone ?
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…6x172-redstone-paste-mod/

This looks like it will fill the gap of why we wanted project red in the first place. I will add it next "bigger" update if it does not blow up in the face. As for the recipe, do we do 1 slimeball + 8 redstone = 8 sticky redstone or 1 slimeball + 1 redstone = 1 sticky redstone?

• Official Post

As for the recipe, do we do 1 slimeball + 8 redstone = 8 sticky redstone or 1 slimeball + 1 redstone = 1 sticky redstone?

The latter recipe, harder, better.

For kirara 3.0 we need "spice of life", "hunger overhaul" and "harvestcraft" as survival themed mods for moar hardcore.