[1.7.10] Gregtech Hardmode Server (aka Kirara 2.0)

• one of my favourite mods was Equivalent Exchange, but since it is OP most servers refuse to use this, and EE3 has no content at all (for me), so i searched for an alternative to it
    i found a spiritual sucessor to EE called Balanced Exchange, it has the best features of EE, the transmutation, the condenser and the power of darkmatter tools in a weird way
    check this Balanced Exchange mod, i think it is great

• Official Post

You can always change generators eu generation to 0 in configs. It'll still burn things but will not make a single eu. And re enable generators in GT.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease? I NEED MAH WINDMILLS, even if they are shitty. ^^

• Although I liked EE2 (and that was mostly because it was in Tekkit back in the good old 1.2.5 days), even Balanced Exchange is a bit too OP for this server. Also, although I love the idea of BE, our modlist is getting full, what was once a small modpack is becoming rather large. Great suggestion though.

• I agree with aka. EqEx (and AM2) kind is too magicky. TC is the limit of acceptable hextech in my opinion.

I believe you all know what I think of magic and stuff, but while I can agree that thaumraft is somewhat "scientific" alchemy which can be interesting and challenging, EE was absolutely different.
    I must admit, I loved playing with EE2, but it was only because it was OP. Even when you do not consider the generators, or however they were called, that made your gameplay "air-to-diamonds-in-5-seconds", the whole transmutation thing was, well, let's say easy exploitable. Just make a few cobblegens, drop the cobble into transmutation table, and voila, you have cheap infinite source of any material you want. The idea was great, but sadly it is too easy exploitable in minecraft.

• I believe you all know what I think of magic and stuff, but while I can agree that thaumraft is somewhat "scientific" alchemy which can be interesting and challenging, EE was absolutely different.
    I must admit, I loved playing with EE2, but it was only because it was OP. Even when you do not consider the generators, or however they were called, that made your gameplay "air-to-diamonds-in-5-seconds", the whole transmutation thing was, well, let's say easy exploitable. Just make a few cobblegens, drop the cobble into transmutation table, and voila, you have cheap infinite source of any material you want. The idea was great, but sadly it is too easy exploitable in minecraft.

I agree with this but there are things that should be elaborated on. EE 1 and 2 were mods that you had to show constraint when using. Barely use it and your wasting ID's in game, used it to often and you won't be doing anything because, as stated before, water and lava= infinite diamonds. Take transmutation out of EE and its a VERY late game mod, when you've got more resources then you realistically need and want tools and weapons that made you feel like a god in your world. I personally used it alongside the old Titans mod (can someone bring it back please...) as I loved taking down gods with these tools. I will always take a Archangle's smite into one of those fights before I take a Diamond Sword.

It also takes a lot to balance EE as the only time its "balanced" to me is in skyblock maps like Feed the beast because making something out of nothing works well when you can't get anything.

Contrary to popular belief, its fin to be overpowered in games, (its one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to Hyrule Warriors, see signature for details), that being said though,you (no one specific, just a general statement) can't complain when you made the game to easy.

• I agree with this but there are things that should be elaborated on. EE 1 and 2 were mods that you had to show constraint when using. Barely use it and your wasting ID's in game, used it to often and you won't be doing anything because, as stated before, water and lava= infinite diamonds. Take transmutation out of EE and its a VERY late game mod, when you've got more resources then you realistically need and want tools and weapons that made you feel like a god in your world. I personally used it alongside the old Titans mod (can someone bring it back please...) as I loved taking down gods with these tools. I will always take a Archangle's smite into one of those fights before I take a Diamond Sword.

It also takes a lot to balance EE as the only time its "balanced" to me is in skyblock maps like Feed the beast because making something out of nothing works well when you can't get anything.

Contrary to popular belief, its fin to be overpowered in games, (its one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to Hyrule Warriors, see signature for details), that being said though,you (no one specific, just a general statement) can't complain when you made the game to easy.

I can agree with your last statement, and with the previous ones if we look at them considering the 3rd. But, if you goal is to stay "underpowered", being overpowered becomes a problem.

• Agree with both of you. EE2 (I never played EE, started playing MC in 1.2.5) was one of my favorite mods because I played it in a time when I barely understood how minecart mechanics worked :P

It made you get rich really fucking quick.

• I remember the skychest times with EE2 and alot of other tech mods (IC² old cheap UUM).

I do not know how, honesty, but ic2 matter always seemed so hard to produce. Never ever I have managed to even get 1 of it. Maybe I was too childish to concentrate on it...
    Anyway, now that I think of i, that it seemed expensive, it seems quite funny

• Official Post

I remember ironically with EE2 I only got enough UU to make quantum boots and leggings. On 1.4.7 with no form of EE, I managed to get an entire quantum suit + several thousand UU spare :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Can we add Blood Magic? You get to stab yourself to power your magic! :D

Edit: btw, didn't minetweaker update a while ago?

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Blood magic is pretty damn OP. Infinite water, lava...

It costs health to get anywhere, which is pretty tough without healing. And you have to battle demons and stuff to get into late-game stuff.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• It costs health to get anywhere, which is pretty tough without healing. And you have to battle demons and stuff to get into late-game stuff.

Even everyone at CrackPack server agrees that it's quite OP.
    And come on - health being tough to get? Like with a beacon? At spawn for example?

I think right now we should focus on updating to 1.7.10 (CoG, PFAA, UB, Mob Spawn Control, RC, Forestry, TC, Extra cells, Carpenter's Blocks and GT) and then start tweaking with MineTweaker.

One question though. Since Invultri has such a beast of a server that it can run several instances without problems, how about running CrackPack server simultaneously for some PvP? Management should be easy - it's a modpack. We could do teams or solo, whatever.

EDIT: Plus Greg is right, you can sacrifice Villagers like Docm does.

• I will do a download of 1.7.10 versions tomorrow to see where we stand.