Where did the rum go?

• Seriously, I used to love IC2... like... ever since everything changed... I haven't played IC2 any more.. I know i'm not the only one who hates the new version of IC2... my question: why? It cant possibly be because of popular demand... you guys dont really listen to your users... :( I really miss the fun IC2.. but I guess thats a lost cause now. Feel free to give me all kinds of crap about this, this is my last time here. :(

• So, can you define "fun" in some way that can actually be implemented in game? What sort of requests from users have been ignored? Where have those requests been made?

• I'll try to state things more clear. The problem with the new IC2 is that it takes much, much more time to get started. The main reason for this is that demand for resources has rocketed. For instance, now you have to waste 32 diamonds to get MFE opposed to 8 or so (and CESU won't help here). You need a decent power supply almost right after you got your first generator, however, solar panels are too expensive, so the only viable option is nuclear reactor which again requires tons of metal to get at least 20 eu/t. All this scares off new users who have a lot of other mods as an alternative.

tl;dr: the development curve at early stages is too slopping.

• Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• The problem with the new IC2 is that it takes much, much more time to get started. The main reason for this is that demand for resources has rocketed.

You know, for many people the old way of easy stuff was a problem so devs made it a bit more challenging.

For instance, now you have to waste 32 diamonds to get MFE opposed to 8 or so (and CESU won't help here).

MFE and MFSU went up a tier and CESU is now sitting at the exact same spot EU capacity/output wise were MFE used to be. How can you claim it doesn't help?

You need a decent power supply almost right after you got your first generator, however, solar panels are too expensive, so the only viable option is nuclear reactor which again requires tons of metal to get at least 20 eu/t.

What about semifluid or geothermal generators? You can always have more than one running in parallel for higher output.

All this scares off new users who have a lot of other mods as an alternative.

If players want creative in disguise of easymode mods then they can feel free to use those other mods that give it to them.

• Quoted from "bones"

You need a decent power supply almost right after you got your first generator, however, solar panels are too expensive, so the only viable option is nuclear reactor which again requires tons of metal to get at least 20 eu/t.
    What about semifluid or geothermal generators? You can always have more than one running in parallel for higher output.

There comes another problem: to cope with reduced storage blocks' intake capacity you'll now have to get a lot of transformers to keep things from exploding. As far as I remember, earlier blocks could withstand a bit more current than they are capable of giving. You could chain several storage blocks _and_ attach other power sources to them without risk of exploding. Maybe I am wrong and that was back in 1.0.

Quoted from "bones"

All this scares off new users who have a lot of other mods as an alternative.
    If players want creative in disguise of easymode mods then they can feel free to use those other mods that give it to them.

True, however, lack of new users means slow decrease in mod popularity and, eventually, death.

• Wait, am I understanding it correctly that you haven't even tried things out on your own and just came here to whine? :)

It's also weird that you think there is a lack of new users. Just because those creative-mode searchers aren't flocking to it as they do for TE doesn't mean the mod is anywhere near dead. If anything then IC2 is evolving faster than most other mods out there with more new features that aren't just copied off from other mods.

• There comes another problem: to cope with reduced storage blocks' intake capacity you'll now have to get a lot of transformers to keep things from exploding.

Suure. You know, since IC2 experimental, there's no cable loss and machines don't explode anymore.

EDIT : Actually, here's a less ambiguously looking setup.

100 EU/t into a 32 EU/t max batbox and recycler.

Please stop making pointless whine threads.

Please stop making pointless whine threads.

But we have to attack IC2! People are still using it and that's bad! IC2 is a bad mod!!!11212!1!!!@31!!!!

On a more serious note: I don't see why people are still complaining here, since their separate microcosm of mods should be keeping them self sustained. Perhaps not everything in the modpack sphere of influence is green pastures and sunny skies?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

Perhaps not everything in the modpack sphere of influence is green pastures and sunny skies?

With biomes o plenty, there are entire biomes of mud. That must be where most people find rubber trees or something :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The problem is not really in the difficulty or challenge, but rather in the requirement of grinding for several hours to get the necessary resources to advance a bit and a lack of interesting and exotic features.
    If there was added more ways of getting power that are more exotic and interesting, players would have more options for power generation and thus would be able to find something that suits their needs. For example, a generator that makes energy from redstone several times more efficiently would be very useful for those who live underground. Another generator could obtain small amounts of energy from the life force radiated from all things living, with no negative effects on the environment, just like a solar panel or a windmill, which would be useful for those who enjoy working with plants and animals.
    There should also be added something to fix the energy net, like the old packet system, because the current system would scare people away easily, and is very difficult to use when the number of machines connected to energy storage > 1. Instead of a packet system, there could be a fluid "fuel cell"-like system, based on the electrolysis and reaction of special fluids (water/electrolyzed water) to transmit huge amounts of power without voltage issues. The only issue would be the amount of fluid that can move though tubes/pipes/whatever, which can be solved by either making better pipes or by converting to an indutrial-grade energy network.
    These and other creative additions/editions are sure to fix the current issues with people not finding interest in IC2, but the rest of the creativity is up to you(all).

• lack of interesting and exotic features

Such as fully-configurable nuclear plants and crop breeding?
    Oh, you were simply talking about OP ways of generating stuff out of nothing/cheap items. My bad :)

Also, IC2 is under massive development and not feature-complete. It makes no sense to criticize half-finished features as if they were fully developed.

• Such as fully-configurable nuclear plants and crop breeding?
    Oh, you were simply talking about OP ways of generating stuff out of nothing/cheap items. My bad :)

Also, IC2 is under massive development and not feature-complete. It makes no sense to criticize half-finished features as if they were fully developed.

Not everyone gets pleasure out of watching virtual plants grow and hoping for a mutation. And nothing I have suggested is more overpowered than a water mill, so long as it is configured properly. A machine generating energy from redstone would take significantly longer to "burn" it, and would only produce a few more EU, although enough to make it feasible for one's initial energy needs. And the life-force generator would be even more logical than watermills, which generate energy from something that does not move and is inert. You have simply failed to think about that, and have instead chosen to attack my proposal, which is an absurdly foolish thing to do. Grow up.

Regarding "massive development", there has been no stable release since 1.5.2. It makes no sense to release a feature that is not finished; that would be akin to making a generator mod which adds a generator that consumes fuel, but is missing a GUI and does not generate power. If the developers really intend not to drop the IC2 project, they should fix the stuff that is broken, finish the unfinished (but partially present) features, organize/balance things, and release a stable build that we all have been waiting ages for. Whether or not it contains every feature they want to add just yet does not matter; there can be updates in the future. The people want IC2, not some "experiment" that may crash, fail, have game-breaking bugs, or even corrupt their world.

If there isn't a stable release made soon, serious/popular mod-packers may begin to reconsider including a buggy "experiment" IC2 when they update to 1.6.*/1.7.*, as the bugs and unfinished features would make the pack users unhappy, and may make them consider using a different pack. Sure, IC2 is cool/popular, and some people might stop using their pack because the mod-packer dropped IC2, but it would be best in the long run for the pack, as there would be no annoying bugs or unfinished/unbalanced things. I don't want this to happen to IC2; nobody does. So instead of trying to incite arguments and flamewars, try doing something useful with your time and help the devs release a stable/alpha/beta/whatever "official" version. You are now considering making an argument that I should do just that and help the devs; but it would be for naught, because I have made a decision that will not permit that. I am no longer going to have anything to do with Minecraft and its mods for a while, until everything is organized and fixed. Instead, I will contribute to Minetest and make mods for it. I already have some ideas, and are going to work on those until I fall asleep on my keyboard or something. And thus I really don't care if you reply to this, or what you reply to this, because I will never see the reply, and eventually this thread will be forgotten/archived, most likely long before my return.

• Official Post

Most experimental builds are less buggy than the regular builds xD If you are adding features, you will always have bugs :P

Just think of the experimental builds AS the official builds.

• to be fair, i think the new version is a tad bit too 'grindy,' and my suggestion would be make the overclockers a little more effective by either reducing the eu spike or improving the speed %.

• to be fair, i think the new version is a tad bit too 'grindy,' and my suggestion would be make the overclockers a little more effective by either reducing the eu spike or improving the speed %.

I haven't played non-GT IC2 since forever but I believe the machines can take full 64 stacks of oveclockers in each of the four slots. Sure, you'll need to reserve some for other upgrades to be able to actually use the overclockers but you'll still get at minimum of 128 overclockers in them, possibly 196. I'm almost certain it's enough to make any process take one tick :)

The increase in power is nearly nothing with non-GT overclockers. I think one needed 4 or more overclockers to double the active EU use.

• Official Post

Overclockers say in their tooltip about the speed and energy increases. Even when stacked!

Surprised no one noticed this thread is about rum going, not fun :D

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• You would never need than 20 OC in any base IC machines.

Ya, I just noticed some one changed it to rum.