[WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.25 (Note: All Posts of new Members need to be approved first, so if you press the submit button but no new post appears here, it is in the folder of posts to be approved first, and Player will receive them a few hours later)

• Official Post

I have my own "Sub-OreDictionary-Thingy" in GT (ItemStack -> Data). I use getOres almost only to register Recipes with the good old OreDict Crafting Recipes in order to be NEI and CraftGuide compatible without effort or additional Handlers. I know ID+Meta -> Data doesn't allow multiple Entries per Stack, but if I only allow Material based Registrations to have Data, it is enough to work efficiently and to be able to recycle almost every Item without exploits or recursive Recipe scanning algorithms. If the OreDict needs something, then it is a "ItemStack->List of Strings"-Map for faster checks.

• I have my own "Sub-OreDictionary-Thingy" in GT (ItemStack -> Data). I use getOres almost only to register Recipes with the good old OreDict Crafting Recipes in order to be NEI and CraftGuide compatible without effort or additional Handlers. I know ID+Meta -> Data doesn't allow multiple Entries per Stack, but if I only allow Material based Registrations to have Data, it is enough to work efficiently and to be able to recycle almost every Item without exploits or recursive Recipe scanning algorithms. If the OreDict needs something, then it is a "ItemStack->List of Strings"-Map for faster checks.

Yup, that's exactly what we do in our mirror of it:

https://github.com/CoFH/CoFHCo…OreDictionaryArbiter.java

• Fix pls. CoFHTweaks

https://twitter.com/TeamCoFH

• As per FTB Policy, I am intending on using Fastcraft in a modpack, LiTCraft, that I am currently in the process of getting approved. I will ensure that Fastcraft is kept up to date within at least three weeks of the latest stable release. An announcement has been placed in the modpack description alerting players that Fastcraft is in use on the server.

• Official Post

Since it has been demonstrated that advanced culling seems to be quite effective, I've reshuffled my todo list and added my own implementation for the upcoming FastCraft version 1.22.

I went with a clean room implementation with an algorithm vaguely based on tomcc's, but a lot more complex and with plenty of my own spin. The current implementation is still a bit naive and has some room for improvement, it shows the capabilities however. From what I can tell it should be significantly better than what's in 1.8. The defaults are conservative with a highly-wip config option to move culling calculations off-thread for further performance enhancement at the cost of some visual glitches when moving or looking around.

A preview release is available at (outdated, see post below for a more recent test build).

Feedback is appreciated.

• I've tried the new version, but I think there might be some math errors in the culling algorithm somewhere, because if I move to far from 0,0 in any dimension other then the overworld the following happens.
    Moving the camera around will at times cause the chunks to flicker into visibility, but moving the view-point even a single degree from where the chunks are visible causes them to become invisible again.

Please tell me if you need me to do anything specific to get any further details, because there are no errors shown in the log.

EDIT: A bit further testing shows that all chunks that are in positive X and positive Z are always invisible, and moving the player into any of those chunks causes ALL chunks to become invisible.

• Official Post

Just from my testing (with Optifine too ;)) it does make swinging the camera angle around fast seem a lot more fluid like 1.8 does, and I've not seen any rendering issues, but I have only been testing with IC2 and addons. All my testing was in a negative x coordinate as well, so I'll try and see if both of them being positive does break rendering.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Just finished doing al the tests I can think of, and have not ran into any issues with the latest test version of 22, Did notice only a small (~5 fps higher, at 62fps average instead of 57fps) increase in FPS, dont know if it is because fastcraft is simply that good (possible), I've simply hit the FPS limit my PC can handle (unlikely, I managed to get 120+ fps on 1.8 ) or my CPU just doesnt like playing nice with your algorithm for some weird reason (probably, It enjoys hating things for no good reason...)

What I did notice is that I never got the "lines between blocks" effect that annoys me so greatly about 1.8, so very happy with that one!

Will continue to play with the 22 test version, so if something crops up I'll be posting an issue here ASAP :)

• Official Post

Ctest6 crashes when ever I try to load a world:

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• My first post, not sure if optifine is taboo here, but most people still add it to their packs after downloading, so I figure it's a valid reason to post a crash report.

Crash Report , FastCraft Version 1.22-ctest6

Tl;Dr - Optifine 1.7.10 HD B7 is crashing the latest version of fastcraft

• Two questions for you Player. A is there any planned compatibility between fastcraft and CoFHTweaks? And B can we get a peak at your code/why is it obfuscated?

• My mistake, I was not paying attention that replies have to be approved, thought it was something I was doing wrong and attempted to re-post my reply multiple times.

• Official Post

The culling tweak only works without Optifine.

Bogdan-G: That's not a FastCraft issue as far as I'm aware, something is corrupting the biome decorator state.

Entoarox: Try also comparing the value after C: in the F3 screen between FC 1.21 and FC 1.22. You need a normal (non-flat/void) world, not use Optifine and VSync (implicit/explicit) disabled to see a difference I assume. Bugs may be another cause.

Chocohead/EeveeA_: It's a temporary incompatibility with Optifine, it'll be restored in the next build. As mentioned above the major change isn't active with Optifine.

cindylo: Currently it doesn't look like they are willing to provide the means to make it compatible in a reasonable fashion as I've requested in their issue tracker. I've outlined the reasoning behind obfuscation at [WIP|1.7.10] FastCraft 1.21 besides being able to strip all the wip code for new features.

• Ok I understand that completely, granted I do think there could be a better way but that's just my opinion. Also do you have a handy link to that issue around? Unless it was deleted(wouldn't surprise me) I can't seem to find it.