-an IC2-Eperimental addon made by me.

About:
    - Mines 4x4 up to 32x32 areas
    - Mines to Bedrock level (level 1).
    - Various Drills
    - Fortune-III and Silk-Touch
    - normal ores and Dense Ores
    - Internal Filter and Buffer
    - skips empty blocks (faster and no energy consumption)

Download: http://www.mikej.de/minecraft/…IC2-Quarry-1.7.10-1.0.jar

Recpies & Wiki: http://www.mikej.de/minecraft/minecraft.php

- enjoy

• This tickles my fancy greatly.

Any chance of ejector/upgrade slots?

What happens to the blacklisted items?

What are the power requirements, if any currently?

This may suck me back into Minecraft just to try, damn you! :D :D

• This looks fantastaic. Good job sir.

Questions:
    * Do "filtered" blocks cost EU to process (scan and skip)?
    * Is it possible to define what depth to dig to? Particularly in GT 5.x, we want to dig specific depths.

Really if I can whitelist specific blocks and they don't cost any/much EU, I could live without the second thing, although it would add pimp factor.

• This looks fantastaic. Good job sir.

Questions:
    * Do "filtered" blocks cost EU to process (scan and skip)?
    * Is it possible to define what depth to dig to? Particularly in GT 5.x, we want to dig specific depths.

Really if I can whitelist specific blocks and they don't cost any/much EU, I could live without the second thing, although it would add pimp factor.

- Every digged block costs 128EU, except of empty (air) blocks (like caves , ravines etc...)
    The empty blocks are skipped (like "fast forward mode"), they also don't affect the drill.

- It digs always to level 1 right now, but you can place the Quarry at the level you wish to mine and eventually stop the quarry (e.g. by dismounting the drill).

• - Every digged block costs 128EU, except of empty (air) blocks (like caves , ravines etc...)
    The empty blocks are skipped (like "fast forward mode"), they also don't affect the drill.

- It digs always to level 1 right now, but you can place the Quarry at the level you wish to mine and eventually stop the quarry (e.g. by dismounting the drill).

Sorry mike its possible I wasn't clear.

I see you have a filter option. Do filtered blocks count as digged blocks or empty air blocks? Put another way, if I try to quarry an area that is 100% cobblestone and I have cobblestone blacklisted, will it spend 128eu per block it filters, or 0eu?

• Now that's the thing that IC2 has been missing since its beginning. :thumbup:

Judging from the screenshots, I believe the quarry strips patches of the ground from the top to the bottom, meaning it has to load several chunks at once, right? Have you, perchance, considered implementing the extrautilities quarry mining algorithm (you dig the column all the way down first, then start another column)? This way you would always have to load only one chunk regardless of the mining area size (which you could then increase :D )?
    Also, how about replacing the mined area with a block of your choice (dunno, cobble, gravel, dirt, stone)? Or are you that set on leaving huge holes in the ground? ;)

Do forgive me for suggesting your quarry to become a copy of the extrautils Ender Quarry, but your mod has a huge advantage over extrautils - it doesn't require installing a set of needless items to get only one machine that does what I want it to do. :thumbup:

• After using this mod for a few week I find it strange that the diamond drill is not the most durable. I suggest that you make the diamond drill the most durable but the carbon one still faster.

Also the expansion cards are backwards. The silk touch gives the fortune upgrade to the machine and the fortune card gives silk touch to the machine.

Otherwise, I like it more then the Buildcraft quarry. It feels more Industrialcraft.

• Boy I wish this mod would update.

Maybe I should learn modding and take it upon myself...

• Boy I wish this mod would update.

Maybe I should learn modding and take it upon myself...

Learning to mod/program isn't something you can do as a quick weekend project. Be nice if it was though.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.