[GT-6-Addon] GTExtras 0.3.3 - More stuff for Gregtech

• Included on K4 :)

:)
    I will try to keep up with GT6 as fast as i can.

Bloody, here's a suggestion:

Early game GT tanks and large scale rain collectors.

The cheapest version of the multiblock tank i'm working on will be possible to build in late steam age. The first version i made for GT5 needed only a bit steel for the controller and Fluid hatches. I will try to get it out shortly after Greg readds the first of his multiblocks so i can use that as sample.
    Rain collection is something i did not think about so far and a good idea. I will likely add something like that in the future.

• I also hope for the ability (If Greg doesn't add it to his) to compress air into cells and centrifuge for nitrogen, oxygen, (and maybe etc.). Also hope there's an Air Filter machine that runs at, say, 2 EU/t for 32v and after say, 288,000 EU produces either (preferred) a dirty air filter from a clean one (made with wool and a plastic frame) which can be centrifuged to recieve a tiny pile of dust (90%), a tiny pile of dust (50%), and large pile of dust (20%), and large piles of dust centrifuged to produce a tiny pile of carbon (75%), a tiny pile of sand (50%), a tiny pile of silicon (10%), a plantball (1%)

Or just produces a tiny pile of carbon every 2 hours. I like the above, though. Dust is such an unappreciated resource!

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• :)
    I will try to keep up with GT6 as fast as i can.

The cheapest version of the multiblock tank i'm working on will be possible to build in late steam age. The first version i made for GT5 needed only a bit steel for the controller and Fluid hatches. I will try to get it out shortly after Greg readds the first of his multiblocks so i can use that as sample.
    Rain collection is something i did not think about so far and a good idea. I will likely add something like that in the future.

Awesome, I was going to do that myself, but my addon is slowly shifting to hardcore storage.

• I also hope for the ability (If Greg doesn't add it to his) to compress air into cells and centrifuge for nitrogen, oxygen, (and maybe etc.). Also hope there's an Air Filter machine that runs at, say, 2 EU/t for 32v and after say, 288,000 EU produces either (preferred) a dirty air filter from a clean one (made with wool and a plastic frame) which can be centrifuged to recieve a tiny pile of dust (90%), a tiny pile of dust (50%), and large pile of dust (20%), and large piles of dust centrifuged to produce a tiny pile of carbon (75%), a tiny pile of sand (50%), a tiny pile of silicon (10%), a plantball (1%)

Or just produces a tiny pile of carbon every 2 hours. I like the above, though. Dust is such an unappreciated resource!

Adding recipes is a one liner with help of the GT API, so i will start adding such things once the machines for that are back. Likely with confings to disable them easily when nessary.

Some things far in the future would be:
    Advanced chemistry, with complex oil processing.
    Changes to high tier circuit production(Clean room, acid, silicon processing, circuit boards with many parts.), likely also adding a few new circuits.
    And likely the last and most complex part i plant to add: Research.
    Research part 1: Locking some recipes and making it nesseary to research for unlock.
    Research part 2: Efficiency boosting. Researching machine efficienty boosts and storing them in data sticks/orbs. Put them into a machine to operate more efficient or into some sort of central computer to boost multible machines within range.

• Something like a cover (is this possible?) that consumes oxygen from an adjacent storage tank will improve diesel and gas turbines generators' efficiency, scaling with size- bigger is more efficient, enough to nearly counteract the loss between LV to HV. It would give people more encouragement to use higher-voltage power generation, in exchange for extra work and a ready oxygen supply, which would be complicated but relatively easy to automate. (Water electrolysis anyone?)

I would also like to see a hydroelectric dam generator multiblock. Require a, say, 3x3x3 area, using stuff like turbines and kinetic generators and the like, and the rest has to be concrete (GT style? The one that's already made with steel frame and wet concrete in a machine). I imagine it would be overall higher output than an equivalent block of the IC2 water mills, but not exactly a gigantic source still. I just want a reason to have these dams I enjoy building on rivers. XD

I have tons of other ideas. I work in Materials Sciences IRL so I can probably give at least some advice if you have questions about materials, alloys, and their applications.

<3 Bismuth Telluride

OOH! Suggestion for you or Greg: Creepers, if electrocuted with sufficient (512v?) voltage will become supercharged creepers, same as a lightning strike.
    Would be a fun little meyhem machine. XD

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Opening the gui will let you put some items inside. If you open the gui, put some items inside one of the armour, press the button to throw stuff while holding the mouse above the armour you're currently looking in will throw the piece of armour away, but it's gui will remain open. You can take things out and close the gui, getting the piece of armour back and it'll have the same items you put before.

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Official Post

Opening the gui will let you put some items inside. If you open the gui, put some items inside one of the armour, press the button to throw stuff while holding the mouse above the armour you're currently looking in will throw the piece of armour away, but it's gui will remain open. You can take things out and close the gui, getting the piece of armour back and it'll have the same items you put before.

The old GUI dupe bug that haunted backpacks and any other item-inventory for ages...
    {solution people use is that if the item is dropped, the gui forcefully closes}

• What about adding a few special slots to the armour set to only accept items registered as "*spring*" (can't remember what the exact oredict name is) that would make a player lighter, and depending on the materials here could jump higher and step blocks as the boots of the traveller. Also the helmet shout have 2 slots for lenses, allowing him to zoom, to see brighter or to see TC things as you were wearing some goggles of revealing.

Edit : small clarification on why are springs making one lighter : Having some kind of exoskeleton is really helpful, there are many prototypes IRL that you just put on and you're able to move things that are really heavy (Ofc I don't trust the videos I saw on the Internet of a guy bearing a huge weight with his arms, imo his leg's chickenbones should have scattered). That way, different springs would allow one to run faster if the weight of his armour in which he put the springs < 500, given it's a bad quality spring for example, he could have his chestplate weighing up to 1500 without having slowness I.

Edited once, last by Nexey ().

• Thats all stuff i plan to do electric.
    Motors will first compensate for too much weight, then give speed boost.
    Pistons for jump boost and uphill assist.
    But every movement assisted by motors or pistons will use EU.

Also higher tier electrical armors will have more slots.

Being able to use goggles of revealing is also planned. I wonder how difficult that is.

• Request:

Long ago in GT4 era, there was a thing that existed called Sugar Coke and Cactus Coke. They were weaker than charcoal, but they were good. I'd like to see them re-added!

The way I see it is you put sugar into a furnace to produce sugar charcoal, which has a burn value of 3 (a stick is 5), 9 of them can be shaped or compressed into a sugar charcoal block (value 27), which can then be compressed with a compressor into a compressed sugar charcoal lump (value 30). This is then put into an extractor to produce 2 creosote and a small pile of sugar coke, which can be made into a powder with 4, and the powder compressed into a sugar coke lump, both have a burn value of 35, which is then able to be combined 9 to make a sugar coke block, which has a final burn value of 315. So it never competes with charcoal or coal for a fuel, but with automation it can be a viable way to build up fuels for greedier, less-solar-powerable machines. It's also realistic, as sugar is a pretty effective fuel source when processed!

With the above formula is is only 5% better than a log for fuel, plus the value of 2 measely creosote.

It can also makes a faster way to produce creosote automatedly than charcoal and railcraft.

Quoted from "zorn":

• Wait wait wait wait wait : Wasn't PluginForForestry adding sugar charcoal/coke as Well as the cacti one ?

• Let's think about that : one could put his goggles of revealing inside a special slot that could be introduced into the helmet slot, that way the helmet will not take damages but it's enchant will no longer apply.
    Why would their enchants stop working? Let's say you do the same with the boots of the traveller, I could put down a haste III boots of the traveller inside a special slot of the boots and have it stacked with the motors and maybe even apply haste III on the modular boots.
    This would offer a way to put a biofuel jet pack inside the basic chestpiece, with some conditions : the biofuel jet pack offers static flight in hover mode. If the chest piece weight exceeds a given amount, one will lose this static flight and will slowly glide down

• If the weight system could be added to all armor (not just your own creations but a config for all armor pieces) it would be really really cool if the jetpack uses more EU/fuel if your armor is heavy. Maybe you could add a formula that takes the weight of the player and calculate the EU/fuel he will need if he wants to jetpack.

Also it would be cooler to have battery slots for all the armor pieces since GT has so much batteries instead of having to recharge the armor pieces themselfs.

And black to the blind we seem to be.

• For when you do add the jetpack here are some ideas.
    1. Put the jetpack thrust control on a separate button. Having it on jump is really annoying.
    2. Make thrust acceleration more realistic. Have it deliver a constant negative vertical acceleration with a short buildup when you first press the thrust button.
    3. A way to configure the maximum thrust. Having high level jetpacks immediately shoot me to the moon is just silly.
    4. Any sort of advanced behavior like hovering or automatically adjusting the thrust based on your weight should be handled via upgrades.
    5. Make the fuel powered jetpack a much more viable and powerful jetpack. To get electric anywhere near as good should require significantly advanced tech and high density batteries.

• I haven't tested this yet, but I suspect that a heavy armour will induce a slowness effect that is shown in the inventory. If it is the case, can you make it so that one feels slower but the effect isn't shown? Otherwise I'll just install a status hud mod that I think removes the effect from the player's inventory to the left to the top left corner.
    If it's not the case, ignore me *this time only* ;)
    I see everybody likes the idea of the jet pack, that is awesome! Some of you even dug out the idea even more.
    Also, I still think that uphill assist shouldn't require power, or at least a tiny small amount of it, but if it does I'll hold off to these boots of the traveller for a little while. At least until I haz a biofuel farm to hopefully fill the jet pack.
    Last suggestion, what about adding some internal tanks to store even more biofuel since one will be able to install batteries?

• For slowness, instead of using the slowness potion effect, you should control the player's speed yourself so you can have very precise adjustments to it. That way every ounce of weight would matter rather than adding as much weight as possible without crossing the threshold to the next slowness tier which is just gaming the system.
    Also totally add servo motor augmentations which assist in moving the legs of your armor to counteract the heavy weight and possibly even go faster than usual.
    In fact, you could go beyond regular power armor and make mechs that you have to climb into and will give you amazing strength speed and firepower. Imagine climbing into a drill mech and tearing a massive tunnel through a mountain with minimal effort. Probably would need an internal nuclear reactor core to provide enough energy for that though.