[GregTech] How many X do I need to supply an Y? How many X does the creation of Y need? And more. (If I forget to manage things here, then please drop a PM to me about that forgotten Question)

• Official Post

This Thread is all about Maths behind different Objects, and should answer Questions like "How many Railcraft Coke Ovens do I need for a Boiler in GT5?" (if someone would please post an answer to that, that would be nice). This Thread will be pinned on the GT Forum Board to receive the needed Attention.

I will list all the things, which are actual answers, below:
    Small Boiler Math, More Small Boiler Stuff
    Large Boiler Output

You can also ask Questions so that people can answer them, so that I can link their Answers.

• What's the max steam/tick for each of every type of GT boiler?

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Official Post

What's the max steam/tick for each of every type of GT boiler?

Bronze : 800 mB/t
    Steel: 1200 mB/t
    Titanium : 1600 mB/t
    Tungstensteel: 2000 mB/t

All of those boilers consume the same amount of fuel. Worth of 20 basic IC2 generators (1 {char}coal every 20 ticks)

• Duration in ticks of 1 bucket of liquid fuels in large boilers in GT5:

Liquid MOD DURATION (TICKS)

BioFuel MFR N/A
    Blazing Pyroheum TF N/A
    Destabilized Redstone TF N/A
    Energized Glowstone TF N/A
    Firey Blood GT N/A
    Glyceryl-Trinitrate GT N/A
    Glue GT N/A
    Helium GT N/A
    Helium-3 GT N/A
    Helium Plasma IC2 N/A
    Honey Forestry N/A
    Hot Frying Oil IC2 N/A
    Hydrogen GT N/A
    Lava Vanilla N/A
    Liquefacted Coal TF N/A
    Mc Guffium GT N/A
    Milk Vanilla N/A
    Methane GT N/A
    Nitrogen Plasma IC2 N/A
    Oxygen GT N/A
    Pahoehoe Lava IC2 N/A
    Red Plasma IC2 N/A
    Sulfiric Acid GT N/A
    UU Amplifier IC2 N/A
    Fish Oil GT 5***
    Seed Oil Forestry 5***
    Biomass Forestry 15
    Creosote RC 15
    OIl BC Energy 30
    Ethanol Forestry 60
    Fuel BC Energy 60
    Nitro-Diesel GT 180

*** This actually burned in the boiler but didn't set the activity detector off. The value shown was done by estimating with a stopwatch and a stack of cells.

N/A means the input hatch took the fluid but the boiler didn't use it.

Tested with a simple activity detector plate + CC counter (os.sleep(.05) in a loop).

Nice lack of tab support on this forum. Is it two thousand fucking two already?

• No no, I mean for ALL of them, not just the large ones. IE, small coal, high pressure coal, lava, solar

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Official Post

If i recall all small bronze boilers (solar and whatever) produces 6 mB/t while the high pressure (lava, steel ones) produces 15 mB/t.
    I'll have to wait for Paladin's confirmation on this info though.
    He also have detailed information regarding fuel consumption of those.

Well, said info is at the GT wiki it seems (http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Small_Coal_Boiler)

• Uuuuh everything on the wiki says 'script error' in red text... c.c

Quoted from "zorn":

• Official Post

Uuuuh everything on the wiki says 'script error' in red text... c.c

Go onto the pending changes tab of the page, that should fix it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Uuuuh everything on the wiki says 'script error' in red text... c.c

When you're not signed in you will always see the stable versions of everything, and since there is currently a bug where Modules cannot be reviewed, that means the pages you see will always use an old broken version of the Modules.
    An easy solution is to simply be logged in and you'll always see the latest version of any given page.

• How many Boilers does it take to power an Electric Blast Furnace with Steam?

Answer:
    An Electric Blast Furnace, assuming Duct Tape is not available and so not all maintenance can be done, will consume 132EU/t. 132EU/t is a bit less than 5 LV Generators worth of energy. One LV Steam Turbine consumes up to 102L Steam/t to output 32EU/t. So to be safe, an Electric Blast Furnace will consume up to 510L Steam/tick. (Note: These calculations are done with a significant safety margin.)
    Boiler options:
    *Small Coal Boiler = 6L/t = 85 Boilers (nope.avi)
    *HP Coal Boiler = 15L/t = 34 Boilers (somewhat plausible)
    *HP Lava Boiler = 30L/t = 17 Boilers (hope you can drain the Nether)
    *Large Bronze Boiler = 800L/t = .62 Boilers (how much Charcoal do you have?)

• Thank god. I spend 60% percent time of playing GT experimenting how many X i need to supply an Y. Hum. Its an idea to make calculator. Ok. How much EU in the coal and coal coke if using basic steam generator? I think coal coke was nerfed in last updates of 5th. Also is the bronze boiler is the most efficent of 4?

• Thank god. I spend 60% percent time of playing GT experimenting how many X i need to supply an Y. Hum. Its an idea to make calculator. Ok. How much EU in the coal and coal coke if using basic steam generator? I think coal coke was nerfed in last updates of 5th. Also is the bronze boiler is the most efficent of 4?

I think the high pressure small boiler is the most efficent one, actually.

• Semi-serious one for the ultranerd:
    How much charcoal do I need to power a 32v scanner off of two 32v steam turbines supplied by (up to 11) high pressure boilers, to scan in osmium?

The above is likely best answered by 'you need a better power source' but, if anyone wants to do the math...

Quoted from "zorn":

• I think the high pressure small boiler is the most efficent one, actually.

Sorry. I meant wich one of Large boilers. Of course small coal boiler is most efficent

Semi-serious one for the ultranerd:
    How much charcoal do I need to power a 32v scanner off of two 32v steam turbines supplied by (up to 11) high pressure boilers, to scan in osmium?

The above is likely best answered by 'you need a better power source' but, if anyone wants to do the math...

About 3321 lumps. OSmium scan requere 49 807 360 eu. 48 000 steam from charcoal. 48000/3 = 16000 -power gain. 16000 * 30/32 = 15000 - evil machine loses. 49 807 360/15 000 = 3 321.

• Sorry. So its does not mater which fuel they consumes? Or it consume some fuel faster? Lets say i burn lignite coal.
    OOPs sorry again.
    Is coal coke equal 4 regular or just 2 charcoals in the boiler? BBF requies two coal coke instead one so i am asking.

• (semi-serious):how many resources do you need to build every single machine in GT?(both "all and every" and "every type")

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• (semi-serious):how many resources do you need to build every single machine in GT?(both "all and every" and "every type")

Assuming all resources are processed using the most efficient GT machine possible? Or starting from scratch and dealing with the early game losses and inefficiencies?

• Haha, that question makes me think someone is going to gather the resources to do EVERYTHING in Gregtech while they do the month-or-so wait for the machines to be back in GT6. XD

"Oh, machines are back? *Assembles entire base.* Aaaand i'm replicating osmium on day 1."

^ That has sorta happened to me before. Spent forever building my initial base before any machines and by the time I was ready for machines I had a horde of stuff. I went from stone tools to a 4x32v Blast Furnace in like 3 hours. I don't reccomend this. It's actually boring. XD

Quoted from "zorn":