List of items that can be scanned and replicated?

• There is a short list on the Wiki, but I can't seem to find anything more thorough. Sometimes it's very surprising what we can scan and what we can't scan. Especially when it's stuff from other mods, surprised I could scan a buildcraft diamond pipe for example.

I suppose getting NEI to tell us replicator "recipes" is a possibility too? Or a list would be solid, either way.

• Official Post

Getting a definitive list is impossible, it is dynamically generated based off what mods you have installed. I guess I might make a list of all the Vanilla + IC2 only stuff though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It is dynamically generated based off what mods you have installed.

That's very interesting. I figured that you decided items, and carefully weighed how much the UU price would be...if these things are dynamically generated how are the prices determined?

• Official Post

Literally everything is based off cobblestone being 1, and iridium being whatever it is set in the config. So yes, they are based off how common they are in the world, and how they're crafted if they aren't naturally generating, but it is dependant on what iridium is set to how the scaling works.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Very interesting, what about objects that don't exist until a mob drops them? For example an ender pearl costs a little over one bucket in my world

Also can timing of scanning matter :

A. perhaps something is more abundant in the world at a given moment than another

B. What if mods are installed after the creation of your world and your replicator, like in my world (forestry, thermal expansion, galactic craft)

• Literally everything is based off cobblestone being 1, and iridium being whatever it is set in the config. So yes, they are based off how common they are in the world, and how they're crafted if they aren't naturally generating, but it is dependant on what iridium is set to how the scaling works.

You should also mention that scrapbox probabilities are apparently included, but I think there's more to it than that - diamond ore (which naturally generates unless a mod like GregTech disables it) and Forestry empty cans (which only require tin, which can come from a scrapbox) are not scannable for me, but sticky resin (which afaik can only be obtained by tapping rubber trees or harvesting stickreed) is.

• Nice. If I do this on a dummy world and nothing horrible happens, I'm safe to do it on my real one? Where i will probably get some different results?

• And I'm sorry, that dumping file means that my computer is going to generate a text file somewhere right?
    Where will I find that?

Also are any of those scans actually SETTING or able to CHANGE. My replication prices? Or are ONLY reporting.

• Official Post

All it does is tell you the Replicator values for everything that it can in your world. The only config is to change how much iridium is worth to scale everything else around that.

I see this too much.

• Thank you, and it's still a little unclear to me whether some of the things from other mods I cannot scan because

A. I added those mods to my world after IC2ex (aluminum ore)

B. IC2ex does not understand the crafting paths of these objects (eg blood in a blood altar being added to stone to make ingredients in blood magic, or metal going into galactic craft compressor to make compressed metals.)

C. Any crafted object must be predefined to the scanner, and this rarity equation is just for prices

Or...such.

• Official Post

With B at least, expecting it to is completely unreasonable. IC2 can't understand every crafting mechanic in the modded world, just the most common, ie it's own, Forestry's etc.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

The aluminium ore one is interesting, does it have a direct furnace/macerator recipe into aluminium ingots? If it doesn't, then it'd explain why anything made of aluminium couldn't be scanned.

I see this too much.

• I don't see a space in the IC2 API to add custom recipe scanning to the UU system... but if there was one I'm sure some mods would add UU-support (or at least compatability addons). I mean like, an ArrayList of IUURecipeHandler or something like that, and a couple of public methods to manipulate the graph. Maybe it is already in there and I am blind, but from Eclipse's Class File Editor it looks like UU is an internal thing.

• Official Post

The scan always generates and decorates new chunks and doesn't save them to disk. That means that you can't influence its values by modifying the world. Adding new mods or changing their worldgen configs requires a new scan to take any changes into account. The scan result is being saved to a special section in your ic2 config file and replaces the defaults shipped with ic2 if present.

Currently only block drops from the world scan and what's defined in the IC2 config are being captured. Things like mob drops only get in through other recipes (scrap box mostly), renewables aren't being accounted for cost-wise and fluids are not handled atm.

Items are unscannable if their uu value is unknown or infinite. It's unknown if there's no recipe leading to it IC2 knows and it's infinite if all recipes leading to it have infinite ingredients.

Crafting recipes are not all the same, there's different ways to implement them and the API doesn't carry information about the ingredients, so I have to implement a custom resolver for every recipe type. Most mods use the vanilla or forge recipe implementations. Other recipes or crafting mechanisms like machines are obviously completely undefined by themselves.

Supported recipe types are currently: Vanilla crafting, Forge crafting, IC2 crafting, Vanilla smelting, IC2 generic machines, canner solid bottling, scrap boxes, reactors turning fuel into depleted fuel and recyclers producing scrap.