[Addon V1.0]Power Systems V1.1

• Name: Power Systems

Summary: Various power grid enhancing blocks

Description
    The power regulator allows you to keep your workshop fully charged, and use any extra energy to run a mass fab, keep some induction furnaces hot, i.e. anything that could use power that you don't want to use power unless everything else that needs power is full.

The power regulator works by first acting as a pass through, then sending extra power out it's output blocks.

The power regulator can be disabled by applying a redstone input(i.e. lever or whatever). This will stop the overflow from going out the output, but the regulator will continue passing current through to the main output.

Simple design

Power regulator looks like a storage unit for it's voltage range, and outputs to the side with a double dot. Output block looks like the power regulator, but outputs at the quintuple dot. Thanks sirbrandino for the sprites.
    Note, the power regulator sucks in as much as it can, so it needs to be before your workshop, not in the middle of it, in order to work properly.

The power switch only passes energy through when it gets redstone signal. It will transmit anything up to HV, and won't blow stuff if you put it in a LV circuit.

The power meter tracks power flow through it. Like the power switch, it will transmit anything up to HV, and won't blow stuff if you put it in a LV circuit.

Recipes

Current ones are crap, I'm taking suggestions.

Regulator LV

Regulator Output LV

Regulator MV

Regulator Output MV

Regulator HV

Regulator Output HV

Power Switch

Power Meter

Download

http://test.vendaria.net/Mods/mod_PowerSystems.zip

Note to IC2 admins:
    I despise adfly, and as such I refuse to allow links to my mod(s) to be adfly'd. If you want to include my mod in the main mod, I will gladly send my source code to you, and you can do as you may with it.(i.e. adfly the main mod containing my mod code without worry about what I think) That being said, I would be happy to provide mirror hosting, and do have some pretty decent quotas on my hosting(8TB of bandwidth a month that I have barely touched so far). I can provide ftp access for use in mirroring any IC/IC2/M4D/MC mods, on the one condition that I will not tolerate adflying links to my server.

Note to other modders:
    If you want free hosting for IC/IC2/M4D/MC related mods/images, feel free to send me a PM/email. My only conditions are reasonable size(less than 50MB total) and no adflying of links to my server.

edit: update, forgot about redstone behavior.

• nice, just what I was searching for
    will try you mod directly

edit:
    found something odd, if you place the regulator after the cables are already in place you need to replace those cables to get contact with the regulator (not visible contact, but working contact)

English -> not my lang, so sorry for the mistakes. (can be the dyslexia too :/)

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Fixed the won't work until recabled bug.(same thing affects the normal transformers, and you can fix it with a redstone signal pulse, but I put the code fix in a bug report)

Edit: Fixed tile entity saving problem.(Regulators would need to be re-placed upon loading the map again)

• looks good, question: Do i have to do a clean install for addons? Ive never installed one. I might try spriting some of these for you, If I find some free time. Any idea what you want them to look like?

Edit: Is it possible to make the output and the input block one block? Instead of 2?

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• All it needs is a working IC2 install(there are directions for that if you're not sure) There is a config file, so the block ID can be changed if you want to.

Unfortunately, the way the energy net works, it's not possible to put some EU's out one face and then the rest out another, it just lets you emit energy and it splits it between all output faces. The only way(that i can see) around this would either be to re-register with the energy net twice a tick(WAY WAY WAY too much cpu usage, that's 40 path recalculations per second, per regulator), or to output on 2 separate blocks. That could be changed in the main mod, but it would be a rather big change for 0 benefit for anything but tiny edge cases like this. That's not a change that I could, in good conscious, ask for. I'd rather get SMP then a redesign of the already vastly improved energy system.

• You are quite amazing Vendan, both with the speed you turned my suggestion into a mod and with disallowing adfly (hate that with an undying passion).

Same as Vendan, if anyone needs a server space or anything then I have well far and more than would you would ever need. I host three servers (hosting a variety of services and top-domain websites) on extremely fast back-bone connections with more storage space then you could ever fill for this mod and all its addons. If anyone needs it then I would be happy to supply, but I would ask that no adfly is put on (if it is absolutely required, then I honestly do not see the point, I no doubt make more money in a day (perhaps hour? I honestly have no clue how much they bring in) then adfly links would bring in all month, I could probably just donate to the IC2 makers instead, but if it is required I might allow it depending on the reason). All of my servers are paid for out of my own pocket, no donations (I do not accept any), and I get no money from them or anything they host, and the oldest has been up for over ten years with but a few hours of downtime over all of that (the younger ones, 9 and 2 years, has thus far had no downtime).

• Lol, I've always been a good coder. Now if just I could get a job.(Being unemployed sucks) But not many companies like the fact that i'm mainly self taught(though I do have a CCNA)

• Cool idea though there might be a more dynamic way to do it that could be used in alot more situations but would require 2 blocks, a new switch cable block and a power meter/sensor.

the switch cable would be just like in IC 1 cept with dynamic placement, one side default output with redstone directing the output to the opposite side.

The power meter would be a block that powers redstone whenever there is power running through it or a block requesting power.

Then you could just set up the split at the switch cable and the power meter towards your main power net and whenever the main machines need power it would power the redstone to switch the switch cable towards it, then when it doesn't need anymore it would send it to the matter generator.

While slightly more complicated, I can see these two blocks being much more useful in other situations.

• Just a suggestion: If you are able to, I think they should double as a voltage transformer, so a lv regulator would be like a low voltage transformer. Obviously you would include a transformer in the recipe. Just a thought. And I'm almost done with the sprites, but some things came up so I haven't been able to finish them. I changed the output dots so its different. If you want the whole block changed as well, let me know.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)

• Here are my remakes for the regulator. 2 prong is primary and 5 prong is secondary ouput.

Images

• Allow me to give you alternative to this power regulator.

Make a device that simply detect flow on the cable. If there is energy flow, do a redstone signal. This alone will allow more possibility of combination with other existing material like flow control, only with just 1 block of detector, or detector that you can manually adjust trigger range.

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.

• Allow me to give you alternative to this power regulator.

Make a device that simply detect flow on the cable. If there is energy flow, do a redstone signal. This alone will allow more possibility of combination with other existing material like flow control, only with just 1 block of detector, or detector that you can manually adjust trigger range.

Oh, thats good for a laugh. I mean seriously, did you think about it? My power regulator is way more flexible then you can do with any system of flow triggers and switches. I wouldnt be suprised if the people that ban redstone loops on servers do the same for flow triggers and the like, considering you'd have multiple triggers a second, with multiple block updates per second, and depending on the way you switch the powerflow, multiple energynet updates per second. Having said that, I was already planning on adding flow meters and simple redstone switches to my addon, but I'm not replacing the power regulator with them. Just remember, server admins look at cpu usage, and the regulator has the same cpu usage as a storage unit, where as redstone updates can be heavy.

• Changed mod name to Power Systems
    Delete old mod, and put this in it's place. Will not affect existing power regulators, as long as block ID's were not changed.(i.e. if you changed the config file, you need to change the new one to match)Added power switch and power meter. Power meter does not yet signal redstone on powerflow, but I will be adding that.

• nice, did you use the sprites for the output for the regulator? and do you want any new sprites, I'd be happy to help.

• LOL, wondered if someone would notice that. They are the start of a fusion reactor mod. Extract electrolyzed water cells to make deuterium fuel cells. Still working out balance and trying to make them different from nuclear reactors.

• Cut off power to it's output unless it get's a redstone signal. Advantage over batbox/mfe/mfsu is that it won't leak(ever), advantage over transformers is that it's cheap and the same unit will work in LV, MV, and HV circuits.

• Out of curiosity, does this have a config file, and if so what are the ids.

I am pretty sure it is in the Config folder

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.