Lawn Mower

• What about an electrical lawn mower?
    It has some kind of connection to a MFE or MFSU like when you tie a horse to a fence using a lead.

Either the player could move around with it or it is an automatic one. It woud cut a large area of grass (You can set if it should completely remove grass or if it should only cut tall grass)

MAybe also one with fuel.

• I like the idea, but I advise adding more details:
    1. What should the recipe(s) be?
    2. How long can the cord be?
    3. What should the power (or fuel) consumption rate be?
    4. Should it be possible to power it with energy/lapotron crystals?
    5. Should it be a pushable mower, a ridable mower, or a tool used via right-clicking? (I'm guessing that the first two would be tricky to code)
    6. Should it have an inventory for seeds from tall grass, and possibly mown grass from grass blocks?
    7. What would the range be for the automatic version?
    8. Should the automatic version allow a special track for it to travel along, and hurt any players/mobs that get within cutting range? (as a spinning blade trap)
    9. Should either version take damage if something harder than grass is in the cutting path?

• Official Post

10. If you put a gearbox rotor in, will it turn into a hovercraft? :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• 1. I don't know.
    2. Like 100 Blocks.
    3. I don't know.
    4. Probably not, since in real-life it doesn't. That's what the fuel version is for.
    5. I thought about a pushable mower that harvests a 5x5 or 7x7 area around it (I know, it's unrealistic, but if it has a smaller area, it's not worth using.
    6. Probably an inventory for mown grass.
    7. Probaby a lower AOE, since it moves automatically.
    8. It should either have a track or a semi-intelligent AI like the real-life things do. It should probably damage entities nearby since its AOE is smaller.
    9. You have a durability that goes down for every grass block, but it goes down by a lot for everything harder. After the durability runs out, you have to sharpen the blade again.
    10.Maybe as a easter egg?
    11.HAYO?

• How viable is this? :huh: I'm pretty sure there isn't an energy API available for mobs.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Another good idea! We have a Manual Kinetic Generator. Attach to his a long pole and snap a horse, pig, zombie... Small amount of free energy done! :thumbup:

• Can already be done, I already do that on my survival world with TC slaves golems making energy, with a bit of help from autonomous activators :thumbup:

• do you use the version of TE with energy cost for autonomous activators?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.