1 Billion RF/t Challange in EU

• Official Post

Rumour has it that there is a challenge to generate 1 Billion RF/t. Here at IC² Inc, we don't have to lower ourselves to their level, and we can use EU and convert it (at the 1:4 EU:RF ratio). Unfortunately, that does mean we have to come up with a way to generate 250,000,000 EU/t. Here's what I've come up with:

25 Million Generators - Ignoring the fuel costs (I mean, who doesn't have 25 million coal), this'd take 25 Million RE-Batteries, 25 Million Iron Furnaces and 75 Million Iron Plates. Which broken down further...

• 50 Million Tin Item Casings - 25 Million Tin Ingots (12.5 Million Tin Ore)
    • 50 Million Redstone
    • 25 Million Insulated Tin Wire - 25 Million Rubber (8,333,334 Sticky Resin), 8,333,334 Tin Plates/Ingots (4,166,667 Tin Ore)
    • 75 Million Iron Ingots (35.5 Million Iron Ore)
    • 25 Million Furnaces (200 Million Cobblestone), 125 Million Iron Plates (62.5 Million Iron Ore)

Which in total means it'd take 98 Million Iron Ore (Macerated), 16,666,667 Tin Ore (Macerated), 50 Million Redstone, 200 Million Cobblestone and 8,333,334 Sticky Resin. And of course 25 Million items of fuel once you'd made them.

12.5 Million Geothermal Generators - Ignoring the lava costs (I mean, the nether - duh!), this'd take 50 Million Glass, 25 Million Empty Cells, 12.5 Million Generators, 25 Million Iron Item Casings. Broken down...

• 50 Million Sand
    • 8,333,334 Tin Plates/Ingots (4,166,667 Tin Ore)
    • 12.5 Million Iron Plates/Ingots (6,250,000 Iron Ore)
    • 49 Million Iron Ore, 10,416,667 Tin Ore, 25 Million Redstone, 100 Million Cobblestone, 4,166,667 Sticky Resin

Which in total means it'd take 50 Million Sand, 14,583,334 Tin Ore (Macerated), 55,250,000 Iron Ore (Macerated), 100 Million Cobblestone, 25 Million Redstone and 4,166,667 Sticky Resin. And half the nether's worth of lava.

1.2.5 EE2 CASCUC Reactor - Using a design outputting 2000 EU/t, cooled using EE2 generated ice, using old recipes. 125,000 Nuclear Reactors, 750,000 Reactor Casings. Broken down...

• 2.5 Million Glowstone
    • 7,541,667 Sticky Resin
    • 18,041,667 Tin Ore
    • 17,875,000 Iron Ore
    • 2.5 Million Lapis Lazuli
    • 1 Million Cobblestone
    • 7,750,000 Redstone
    • 23,625,000 Copper Ore

Which in total means it'd take just as above. My program doesn't bother waiting.

The total uranium needed would be 5,875,000 or 2,937,500 ore. With 734,375 Tin Ore in order to put it into cells too.

250 Million Solar Panels - No fuel costs (I mean, the sun \o/), this'd take 750 Million Coal Dust, 750 Million Glass, 500 Million Circuits and 250 Million Generators. Which broken down further...

• 750 Million Coal
    • 750 Million Sand
    • 1.25 Billion Iron Ore
    • 1.5 Billion Redstone
    • 3.75 Billion Copper Ore
    • 1,083,333,334 Tin Ore
    • 2 Billion Cobblestone
    • 83,333,334 Sticky Resin

Which in total means it'd take just as above again (old recipes though). Fun, fun, fun for 250 Million m² of solars.

500 Million Water Mills - No fuel costs (Ignoring the billions of water blocks), this'd take 2 Billion Wooden Planks, 2 Billion Sticks and 500 Million Generators. Which broken down further...

• 2,166,666,667 Tin Ore
    • 2 Billion Iron Ore
    • 1 Billion Redstone
    • 4 Billion Cobblestone
    • 166,666,667 Sticky Resin

Should probably work out the new recipes too.

7,812,500 RTG Generators - Plutonium. Lots and lots of plutonium - 46,875,000 RTG Pellets. This'd also take 7,812,500 Reactor Chambers, 7,812,500 Generators and 54,687,500 Iron Item Casings. Which broken down further...

• 89,843,750 Iron Ore
    • 15,625,000 Lead Ore
    • 18,229,167 Tin Ore
    • 15,625,000 Redstone
    • 62.5 Million Cobblestone
    • 7,812,500 Sticky Resin

Which in total means it'd take ^ that much. It'd also need 140,625,000 Plutonium, and 1.125 Billion Iron Ore for the RTG Pellets. *working out the needed uranium*

Feel free to work out your own solution and post here ^^

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

Edited 10 times, last by Chocohead: \o/ Reactors + Solars. Hype for 1 Billion Redstone, 2 Billion Iron Ore, 3 Billion Copper Ore and 4 Billion Cobblestone! Also, RTG Maths ().

• Official Post

Ignoring the lava costs (I mean, the nether - duh!)

You grossly overestimate the amount of Lava in the Nether. If you go with loaded Chunks then you will get 21*21*16m*16m = 112896 m². Lets overestimate the amount of Lava by making it 8m deep resulting in 903168m³ of Lava. Every Geothermal needs a Bucket to work properly for a while resulting in 18063360 EU/t, what is barely a 13th of what you actually wanted to achieve.

What about Solar Panels, remember that we have IC² Addons too (lets talk GT later), which can make 512EU/t per m² (at day at least), in which case we would make 57802752 EU/t if we don't use Chunk Loaders (there is a Network Anchor Addon meaning Railcraft is not required!). This is still a 5th of what we wanted to do, but it is closer than Lava from the Nether. With a 2048 Solar Panel we could almost do this!

With GT Solar panels of ultimate OPness you can make 524288 EU/t per m² (m³ with the old glitches!). In that case you will need only 4768,37 Ultimate Voltage Panels. This would work for sure.

• Official Post

It was meant to be more theoretical, 12.5 Million blocks with 250 as a world height (bedrock is lumpy so we start at y=5), you still need 50,000 m² just to place them. And it's going to at least increase by 3x in order for the lava pipes and the energy cables along side. You could get more lava from the nether just by loading more chunks, ignoring computer power, if you chunkloaded the entire nether to the edge where chunks start fucking up, there should be enough.

Solars were next, and with GT I wasn't even going to try work out how much things costed :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• or GT naquadah reactors. weren't these producing Ludicrous Voltage or something like that?.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Official Post

We could also go RTG. Wanna calculate how much nuclear fuel we'd have to spend?

Do you want uranium ore, uranium isotopes, what?

Also, I worked out how much it'd take for the CASUC reactors. It's alot. Not as much as 25 Million Generators though.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

3 Billion Copper Ore for 250 Million Solars, nice idea Greg :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post

You mean the quantum generator from Advanced Solars?

Instantly fills anything touching it

• Official Post

See, that's how easy it is.

It requires you to either NBT Edit the block, or click 250,000 times. Not that easy really.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

It requires you to either NBT Edit the block, or click 250,000 times. Not that easy really.

Well, it becomes the new Cookie Clicker, Nerfed Edition, where you don't have anything other than the click to get Cookie Button.

And clicking 250000 times is also needed for placing such a large amount of Blocks.

• Official Post

You have to hold shift as well as click, or it'll take 2.5 Million clicks.

Also, you can automate the placing of blocks with a reverse frame quarry. You can't automate clicking of quantum generators. Not that you'd need to with MCEdit's NBT editor, and you'd only need 1, so automating it really wouldn't be necessary.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

I guess the real question, is what are you meant to do with 250,000,000 EU/t? Bearing in mind the biggest storage unit we have is 40,000,000 EU.

I see this too much.

• Dimensional Tools require how many RF to fill a dimension. I think the power should at least fill a couple of them.. Do not know.
    Or make your base run just on these reserves and try to make a base that is really energy efficent that it can stay as long as possible active.
    And every light has to be a luminator so that you have a generall powerloss....

Would be a funny quest mode. You have limited power and you have to get to create a new powersource from IC2/addons to stay alive xD if power turns 0 you are dead. Cables are cheap, lights also. Power Storages are normal costs, and generators of any kind are extremly expensive. Maybe you have 1 generator or something that the person can use or something like that (at the first time)

Recipes for other lights are by the way removed XD. And the death in the dark... Well could make the game play in the deep dark xD
    I mean 250.000.000EU are not stayig long (maybe even more power as starting point)..