[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Binnie just removed all the thousands of fence recipes in favour of a better system.

This just inspired me. Forge multipart recipes were added to the ae2 system a few weeks back. I'm going to try removing them.

Update: this didn't fix it. I haven't done a server restart yet.

Does anyone know if there's a way to suppress console spam? Generic forge errors and warnings are probably hogging quite a bit of memory bandwidth. It's incredibly annoying that the errors never include a stacktrace. I spent weeks trying to track down the source and eventually gave up.

• Really cool that the max efficiency is set to the value in mB/t. This brings up my final question: do GT pipes with pumps update every tick? That is to say if I want 40 B/s to one input hatch could I use two fluid regulators feeding 1 B/t to a huge tsteel pipe with an EV pump outputting to the hatch and get the expected EU out?

The GT pump covers work every tick.

• When I'm looking through NEI for turbine blades I see all of these exotic sounding materials that I have no idea how to acquire. Are they for mod support for something like metallurgy? If so why are they present when metallurgy isn't? Is it out of necessity? It ends up cluttering things quite a bit (and getting me excited by having decent looking blades).

Also I could see how the current rotor mechanics with tick rounding could result in getting a Lot more EU out of the plasma by picking a high efficiency blade that get's it's mB/t rounded up by a dramatic amount. Let's say you have a 140% rotor that specifies a target EU that would use 3.1 mB/t with some high energy plasma (idk Be or something). You round all the way up to 4 mB/t for the actual optimal EU/t and apply the full efficiency multiplier. You could gain several thousands of EU/t this way.

• When I'm looking through NEI for turbine blades I see all of these exotic sounding materials that I have no idea how to acquire. Are they for mod support for something like metallurgy? If so why are they present when metallurgy isn't? Is it out of necessity? It ends up cluttering things quite a bit (and getting me excited by having decent looking blades).

Many of the materials have ore blocks defined in GregTech, so one could technically edit WorldGeneration.cfg to make them obtainable, but personally I'd be happy if GT did a bit to determine if materials are probably obtainable (by checking that config and for mods that are known to generate the material by default) and hid the ones that seem unobtainable from NEI.

As far as what mods make certain materials available by default, this page has a good list:
    http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Pickaxe_%28GregTech%29

• Many of the materials have ore blocks defined in GregTech, so one could technically edit WorldGeneration.cfg to make them obtainable, but personally I'd be happy if GT did a bit to determine if materials are probably obtainable (by checking that config and for mods that are known to generate the material by default) and hid the ones that seem unobtainable from NEI.

As far as what mods make certain materials available by default, this page has a good list:
    http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Pickaxe_%28GregTech%29

Neat. Though there are still many materials not present on this page like orichalcum and prometheum.

Just some glamour shots for those interested. A lot of the meat of the base is underground in a somewhat cramped set of basement floors. My partner did a lot of the ae2 heavy lifting there. I did most of the upper floors here which are LHEs, turbines, PAs, and, of course, a fusion reactor.

https://imgur.com/a/80W6a

• Just some glamour shots for those interested. A lot of the meat of the base is underground in a somewhat cramped set of basement floors. My partner did a lot of the ae2 heavy lifting there. I did most of the upper floors here which are LHEs, turbines, PAs, and, of course, a fusion reactor.

https://imgur.com/a/80W6a

Man! So I m not the only one who build floor-type tower :D thats a relief

• Seems like another bug with Fusion.

1. T1 Fusion with 4 energy hatches can contain only 39 998 488 eU instead of 40 M.
    2. After hitting with soft hammer is starts working but didn't consume stored energy. I can stop it after few seconds and start again, Internal buffer stays full. Seems like Fusion Reactor does not consume starting energy at all.

GT 5.08.32

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• Today, after finally getting a distillation tower up and running, I finally realise how incredibly powerful it actually is.

If I remember correctly, for 64EU/t every 16 ticks, 64 Oil => 64 Fuel + 64 Sulfuric Acid + 60 Methane + 16 Lubricant + 4 Glyceryl Trinitrate.

Assuming 100% efficiency for all generators (which I use), and that my math is correct, the fuel output itself generates 512 EU/t. However, it's a better choice to react a quarter of it with glyceryl trinitrate to form nitro diesel, which generated 480 EU/t in addition to the leftover fuel with itself creates a respectable 384 EU/t for a total of 864 EU/t. Furthermore, the 60mB of methane distilled out generates 168.75 EU/t in a gas turbine, and while I currently void the lubricant and sulfuric acid, I believe the latter can be used for single-used batteries as well. That makes for a whopping 1032.75 EU/t, not even counting the sulfuric acid, all for just 64 EU/t and a decent oil supply (oh and the cost of producing nitro diesel).

Even though this is all based on 100% efficiency, even at 80% it produces a more than decent energy supply. The tower's really a pain in the ass to build, what with tons and tons of stainless steel, but once it's up and running your oil supply just got a whole lot more lucrative. I'm powering a HV EBF, MV EBF, HV Multi-smelter, MV Vacuum Freezer, MV Implosion Compressor, and the MV Distillation Tower itself all off the products of that oil and I still generate a surplus of fuel and methane.

It boggles me how good this machine is.

• And compare that to the regular distilleries which are much less EU efficient. I think something like half the energy goes into distilling the fuel in an MV distillery and it does it at an unreasonably slow rate.

• It boggles me how good this machine is.

Try my setup: Canning machines to produce enough to supply biomass to 3.333 Distillation Towers (that means 4, I´m using the 3.333 because that is the amount a pyrolyse oven would produce, but the oven is somehow buggy). The DTowers provide enough biogas to power 9.5 large tungstensteel turbines. Total energy gain is about 6291 EU/t and it only uses one bio chaff per 225 ticks :D :D :D

Btw: Is the pyrolyse oven not working or am I to stupid to build it? If it is so, could somebody put a small guide how to build it on the wiki? ;(

• i have another prolem wit hthe pyrolyseoven.I build it like on the pictures, but i can't start it with a softhammer...it only opens the GUI. other multiblocks function!