[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Hey together,

I have installed GT5U because GT6 is currently Alpha and I can't find an rly good up to date wiki (which means rly up to date explaing all the stuff for GT6) and because we are using Forge 16** the normal GT5 can't be used.

So now, after I removed dense-/netherores I looked for the fusion reactor but I can't build it because there are many blocks for them missing which can't be because from what I have read GT5U has all the GT4 staff in it
    but without the Fusion Matrix (both) I can't do anything and no, youtube did not helped me, also google and the forum search did not showed me any post/thread if I searched for "fusion reactor".

Also the Interdimensional Storage Unit is not available (I'll link a video from where I have all those stuff which is missing), AESU is also not in GT5U, no Industrial Electrolyzer, and much more. Pls refere to the following video
    where the Fusion Reactor is build in FTB Ultimate https://www.youtube.com/watch?…3puI&ab_channel=Thorinair

So know I am rly confused why I am reading that GT5U has all the staff from GT4 in it but at the end not? Also I have two blocks which are looking similar to those Fusion Matrix but no crafting recipe and names are
    gt.blockcasings4.4.name and gt.blockcasings4.5.name.

Did I eventually smth. wrong? I have compared the updated MP-Map with a fresh new SP-Map but it is the same. So what is currently in GT5U and what not and will it be implemented in the future? And what is currently in GT6 Alpha?
    Because I searched for the manuals but I found only 3 books looking similar to those from GT5 if I am right.

Refering to this http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Fusion_(GregTech_5_Unofficial) does not helped me because the images are different as in my NEI for the Hatches.

It will be glad if some one can help me out to get ride off my wired looking face with those >>> ??? <<< in my eyes.

I rly like this mod, have never played it but ahve looked many videos where it was used and now I can't get started or using it because of missing information which I did not found using any search methode. SO I hope that there is a Manual in GT5U and/or in GT6 which contains all the stuff explained like Tinkers Construct it does or RFTools.

Well, I am done with all what I would say to this nice mod and now waiting for a small bit of help/answers, cheers.

• I have plenty of videos from GT5 and GT6 along with multiblock builds and setups. all done in survival and will gladly try to work out anything your having issues with. I do not though do creative work or give out the best most efficient ways of doing things, that is for you to do yourself. I will teach ya how to fish, you then can gather your own. :P

• Hi, Guys
    Pls help me. I try search server with know use mods and plugins on 1.10.2 ver.
    I used Termos server for 1.7.10 v. but Termos server no existing on 1.10.2

Thanks

• Hello everyone, I am a new member but I'm pretty familiar with Gregtech Unofficial. Just some information about me, I have a BS in Electrical Engineering and working on a Master's in Power and Energy Systems so if you guys ever have any questions about or want to make things more realistic feel free to hit me up. I'd be more than glad to help. Also, I have never worked on a mod before but I am proficient at C# and Java. I do some web development and android developmentfor my job.

I am currently solo playing Infitech 2.

• Well i am playing gt5u on the infitech2 modpack, and it sure make the "time consuming" task a good chunk of it. I am still on the wait for the redstone display we had at gt4, but i dont think it will ever come , as people prefer more fancy displays as nuclear control and rf tools do, whie i like the old lighting bolt for power and reducing circle for process time.

i will ask here since it will be more easy for you to see, did you changed how much eu the turbines for large turbines multiblocks give? after the last update it has doubled the amount it can generate, and with the explosion if the dynamo dont match, it can be pretty bad, this also makes it more interesting as power source than before.

Pollution for now is fine, after playing a while and putting the number on check, the real important number in the end is that "1%". good job.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• Today I found out that some recipes are using wrought iron dust/ingots/plates ... how is it obtainable? Normal Iron Ingots are don't "morphing" into GregTech Iron Ingots (if available).

I searched through the hole NEI but no recipe was found, any ideas?

• Today I found out that some recipes are using wrought iron dust/ingots/plates ... how is it obtainable? Normal Iron Ingots are don't "morphing" into GregTech Iron Ingots (if available).

I searched through the hole NEI but no recipe was found, any ideas?

Last I knew, GT5u had two common ways of making wrought iron:
    1. put regular iron nuggets in a furnace to get wrought iron nuggets, then combine them into ingots (slow and expensive in terms of charcoal/EU, but necessary until method #2 becomes available)
    2. put iron ingots in an arc furnace.
    Those can be hard to find in NEI, and I think some builds have had bugs that caused them to be hidden. Has that come back?

• Stone pickaxe is strangely strong or it's supposed to be? I only can break granite with tier 3 or so (iirc), like cobalt one. But stone pickaxe has no problem with it. Yes, it's slow, but still possible.

• Last I knew, GT5u had two common ways of making wrought iron:
    1. put regular iron nuggets in a furnace to get wrought iron nuggets, then combine them into ingots (slow and expensive in terms of charcoal/EU, but necessary until method #2 becomes available)
    2. put iron ingots in an arc furnace.
    Those can be hard to find in NEI, and I think some builds have had bugs that caused them to be hidden. Has that come back?

Thanks for the Replay. I hope the Arc Furnace from Immersive Engineering is enough todo this work, so I'll proof this, because Arc Furnace = Arc Furnace, or not?

• Thanks for the Replay. I hope the Arc Furnace from Immersive Engineering is enough todo this work, so I'll proof this, because Arc Furnace = Arc Furnace, or not?

I haven't used Immersive Engineering myself, but I looked up its Arc Furnace on the FTB wiki, and based on the recipes listed, it seems closer to being a substitute for the GT Alloy Smelter than for the GT Arc Furnace. The IE arc furnace combines an ingot or grit with dust or another grit to get an ingot of some sort of alloy (and occasionally some slag), while the GT arc furnace takes various components and machines plus some oxygen to return up to 4 types of ingots and nuggets, roughly equivalent to the amount used to make the input (rounded down to avoid exploits), except that iron is converted to wrought iron, copper is converted to annealed copper, and non-metallic constituents like wood and rubber are converted to ashes.

• I haven't used Immersive Engineering myself, but I looked up its Arc Furnace on the FTB wiki, and based on the recipes listed, it seems closer to being a substitute for the GT Alloy Smelter than for the GT Arc Furnace. The IE arc furnace combines an ingot or grit with dust or another grit to get an ingot of some sort of alloy (and occasionally some slag), while the GT arc furnace takes various components and machines plus some oxygen to return up to 4 types of ingots and nuggets, roughly equivalent to the amount used to make the input (rounded down to avoid exploits), except that iron is converted to wrought iron, copper is converted to annealed copper, and non-metallic constituents like wood and rubber are converted to ashes.

You are right. The IE Arc Furnace does not give me the wrought iron ... well, then I have to use the arc furnace which you have mentioned. Thanks for the help :).

Other Question: http://imgur.com/a/StuM8 <<< this is a nice setup for Ore Processing but how many is optainable? Because if I use Mekanism, I can get x5 from each raw/silk touch mined ore But what is with those byproducts like ferrous, cinabar, and so far?

I am now not sure which processing is for which or the best because there is quite to much in NEI, which causes headaches :S ...

EDIT: Also I can't find the ASEU nor the ISDU, if they included yet or not and if not, when will they both be added or are they already added but renamed? Searched for them but found nothing.

• Ore processing in gregtech is a little different than mekanism. In gregtech you process ores to get secondary by products (or more). Mekanism you just process to get multiplicative output. So if you process and ore like ruby you can get other materials out of it like Chrome. Where as in Mekanism if you fully process gold you get 5x gold ingots. I would go into more detail but I'm in class on my phone.

Here is a link to all the ores and the byproducts you can get out of them with proper processing.
    http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Mining_and_Processing

• GT ores can only be processed by GT machines mostly anyway. Mekanism or other mods have only <10% of the GT ores and can't process the other stuff. Also in some cases the byproducts are more important, so again you need GT oreprocessing. For the few things you can process with mekansism building a processing line is not worth the work.

• Ore processing in gregtech is a little different than mekanism. In gregtech you process ores to get secondary by products (or more). Mekanism you just process to get multiplicative output. So if you process and ore like ruby you can get other materials out of it like Chrome. Where as in Mekanism if you fully process gold you get 5x gold ingots. I would go into more detail but I'm in class on my phone.

Here is a link to all the ores and the byproducts you can get out of them with proper processing.
    http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Mining_and_Processing

Thanks for the link, now I have much more todo as tought :D - But I'll give my best to get those byproducts which I rly need, other stuff can go into Mekanism's x5 processing.

GT ores can only be processed by GT machines mostly anyway. Mekanism or other mods have only <10% of the GT ores and can't process the other stuff. Also in some cases the byproducts are more important, so again you need GT oreprocessing. For the few things you can process with mekansism building a processing line is not worth the work.

I don't think so since Mekanism changed the work for the Solar Evaporation Tower compleatly an labled it new as Thermal Evaporation Tower, also the recipes have changed so you can easiely go to x2/x3 and since that we have Draconic Evolution in the MP x5 is important for this because actually we don't have the power to run a world with draconium ore in RFTools. This is my meaning for this :).

Well, nobady which has any idea for the AESU and IDSU?

• AESU and IDSU dont exist in GT5U, all power storage blocks have been replaced with batteries and battery buffers. for across dimension power you can just transfer batteries in ender chests I guess.

• AESU and IDSU dont exist in GT5U, all power storage blocks have been replaced with batteries and battery buffers. for across dimension power you can just transfer batteries in ender chests I guess.

transfer batteries will still be a manual labor as automation for re-batteries is disabled.

But we do have an "wireless power transmission" , i am still far from it, so idk how it works.

this last update broke allot of recipes on infitech2 , some metals became meta item and some processing, like mercury into quicksilver vanished.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.

• Ok, then I'll take a look on that too.

However, what about the ores which are coming from GT5U? It does not seems that they are all silktouch able because my TCunstruct Hammer has Silktouch on it but it does not work.
    Is this a problem between GT and TC or is this wanted? Or can I only be silktouching GT-Ores with GT stuff? Also is the EnderQuarry with his silktouchupgrade be able to mine GT-Ores or
    not?

• as error said silk touch on GT ores is essentially useless, in GT6 you have a better chance at better quality gems from silk touch but that is it, all GT ores drop as a block, all small ores drop crush, dust, or gem if applicable. fortune does in fact help with small ore though.