[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Hi. I ran into an incompatibility issue with this port of Gregtech and Chromaticraft. Whenever Gregtech is installed, all of the Chromaticraft cave crystals drop the same color shard regardless of what it is when broken. When the server restarts, the crystals turn into another random color. I already contacted Reika about it, and the suspicion is that something's tampering with the item's metadata. Is there a way to blacklist the crystals from Gregtech so this doesn't happen? I already tried disabling Crafting Unification and Inventory Unification, it doesn't seem to have had any impact.

I would have posted this in the Github, but this probably isn't a bug, I might just not have set something up correctly.

• Could it be an incomplete download?

I was planning to write a few wikipages once i'm done with porting everything i wanted from GT4 to GT5.
    Or did you mean changelogs about the fixes?

It might be a good idea to redirect the bugreports to github.

I was looking to see if you just had a Change Log kept for all the updates and changes per version you are putting out, without having to skim through the thread to find them. I travel a lot for work, and can't always keep up with the conversation, so a Change Log page, (like Greg Keeps) would be helpful to have one place to look at all the updates as they come out.

• They likely have the same oreDic tag and will be unificated when dropping. I can blacklist them so it does not happen anymore, i just need their oredic entry for that.

The oreDic for the shards:

dyeLimeCrystalShard (Lime being the color, changes depending on what color the shard is)
    shardCrystal
    dye

The oreDic for the cave crystals:

dyeLimeCrystal (same as above)
    dyeCrystal
    caveCrystal
    dye

All the possible colors are:

Black
    Red
    Green
    Brown
    Blue
    Purple
    Cyan
    LightGray
    Gray
    Pink
    Lime
    Yellow
    LightBlue
    Magenta
    Orange
    White

At least I think that's what you're looking for. I attached an image of where I got this from just to be sure.

• I'll probably prepare a wiki page.

http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5_Unofficial/Changelog
    Put in my changelog.

Should be fixed in version 5.08.12.

The modding guide is now also on the wiki.

• Thanks for adding a Change Log!

Question... and some what of another request.

Gregtech used to have a player detector. This was SO useful - I miss it terribly. ANy chance you can add one back in? Also, I don't think it should be something you need to power constantly - or at least leave an internal battery slot so I can put the Scanner in there and make it have unlimited power.

Would be nice to have a GUI to set the radius detection range by either blocks or chunks. Settings for Entities Only, Online Players (ALL Players, Other Players Besides You, or Only You).

• I never used it myself, so i have no idea how exactly it does work. The only thing i know is, that making guis in minecraft is quite annoying... Detecting a player and outputting Redstone signals is easy. Soo... maybe, maybe not.

• I put in a catch, so it does not crash anymore. But i can neither reproduce nor determine the error.

Reading the long numbers annoyed me so much...
    Other places where numbers need seperators?

I've always thought the ZPM was both interesting, but an annoying and mostly, a unless concept. At least for the ZPM Battery Buffer that is.

The ZPM can only be found in dungeon loots? WHo the hell is going want to craft a 16 slot ZPM battery buffer, AND THEN, look for 16 ZPM's, only to have them NOT be rechargeable, at all?

It would be nice to have a new ZPM that can be crafted and recharged. Maybe keep Greg's original one - but maybe a new one that we can craft and recharge so we can start using the ZPM tier for more use.

I wish their was a full suite of batteries made for all buffers - but chargeable and non-rechargeable.

• The Idea of ZPM Tier Batteries is good. I was just too lazy to add batteries for every Tier, however the Battery should never look like a ZPM, since ZPMs are not rechargable per definition.

Has anyone ever found 16 ZPM's to fill a 16 slot ZPM Buffer? lol

The original ZPM unit was a good idea as a bonus item, but the ZPM tier needs a new or additional battery source that can power a 16 slot buffer without exhausting 100's of hours of time and resources scouring dungeons for a "Chance" to find a ZPM, let alone 16 of them.

Maybe what is needed is a smaller battery that puts out the same voltage as the ZPM, but its not a ZPM, but works in the ZPM buffer/tier machines and CAN be recharged, although it is not as robust as the ZPM unit its self.

• Has anyone ever found 16 ZPM's to fill a 16 slot ZPM Buffer?

Greg, I will respectfully disagree. The ZPM is a good idea as a bonus item, but the ZPM tier needs a new or additional battery source that can power a 16 slot buffer without exhausting 100's of hours of time and resources souring dungeons for a "Chance" to find a ZPM, let alone 16 of them.

Maybe what is needed is a smaller battery that puts out the same voltage as the ZPM, but its not a ZPM, but works in the ZPM buffer/tier machines and CAN be recharged, although it is not as robust as the ZPM unit its self.

Wait, how is that disagreeing? Seems to me your suggestion matches what Greg was saying.